• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Important information regarding the English version of Kingdom Hearts Union χ

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

On March 10th 2017 the Kingdom Hearts UX Japanese twitter announced the rebranding of KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained χ, which brings along Multiplayer and brand new stories alongside a title change to KINGDOM HEARTS Union χ[Cross]! Square Enix released more details concerning the English version of the app, concerning when it will be arriving and the new opening video!

To begin, here is the notice about this change from KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained χ:

"KINGDOM HEARTS Union X[Cross]" Revealed!
img

To our entire playerbase, we would like to sincerely thank you for your continued support of KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained χ.

We are very happy to announce that in this coming April, KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained χ will be rejuvenated along with a new title, and that title is KINGDOM HEARTS Union χ[Cross]!

With this rejuvenation, we will be updating the game with several large-scale updates, starting with the release of multiplayer quests! 
More details will be provided at the time of release, so stay tuned!

Announcing the Pre-Registration Campaign! 
By pre-registering on the official KINGDOM HEARTS Union χ[Cross] website below, you'll be able to get special rewards such as exclusive Medals, Jewels, and special wallpapers! 
Check out the site below for more details! 

» KINGDOM HEARTS Union χ[Cross] Official Website

※Rest assured that even after the rebranding, ALL of your in-game data from KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained χ (items, levels, equipment, Medals, quest clear data, etc.) will carry over into KINGDOM HEARTS Union χ[Cross].

The KINGDOM HEARTS Union χ[Cross] website link above also allows users to PRE-REGISTER, with five tiers of rewards:

• 10,000 REGISTRATIONS - 1,000 JEWESLS
  • 20,000 REGISTRATONS - 2,000 JEWELS
  • 30,000 REGISTRATIONS - 3,000 JEWELS AND EXCLUSIVE MEDAL X3 (SORA & ROXAS)
  • 40,000 REGISTRATIONS - 4,000 JEWELS AND EXCLUSIVE MEDAL X 5 (SORA & ROXAS)
  • 50,000 REGISTRATIONS - 5,000 JEWELS AND EXCLUSIVE MEDAL X 7 (SORA & ROXAS)

A few details concerning KINGDOM HEARTS Union χ[Cross] were also released. The update will allow players to create teams of six from their party members through a matchmaking feature to fight hordes of Heartless and powerful bosses. These multiplayer missions are difficult and also contain unique new missions so make sure you find some friends to play with!

Emotes and text bubbles will be added to the game in order to make it easier to communicate with your team. There will also be a new "Theatre Mode" that will allow you to relive the cutscenes of KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained χ. Everyone will also recieve in-game presents to commemorate the relaunch and the one-year anniversary of the original app release.

Those attending PAX East will be the first in the world to play the new Multiplayer function. Those who do can receive special buttons and a poster featuring the artwork of Tetsuya Nomura.

Lastly, the new opening video for KINGDOM HEARTS Union χ[Cross] has been released, which will play every time you open the app.

Sonicfan2525

Awards
Re: Important information regarding the English version of Kingdom Hearts Union ?

Thanks for this. There wasn't a ton of clear information being given on the update, but I figured it was just a rebrand of UX with a ton of new content that wouldn't affect current users at all in terms of their progress.

I haven't been playing UX like I used to (mainly because of how hard it is for someone who doesn't spend a ton of money on the game to guilt their medals and the fact the game lags quite a bit on my old Samsung Galaxy S3), but this has given me the motivation to pick it up again for sure!

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Re: Important information regarding the English version of Kingdom Hearts Union X

Ah, so it WILL be April then. Sweet! Can't wait to be traumatized by whatever will happen.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Re: Important information regarding the English version of Kingdom Hearts Union X

So soon! I'm really excited for this, wasn't expecting it to come outside of Japan in months. I should probably watch some videos of the browser X, the timeline and everything still feels pretty confusing to me. I did watch the ending of X, but nothing else. Yay for free jewels and other cool stuff anyway, really looking forward to multiplayer too!

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com

I still expect just the multiplayer part to be available in April, with the new story stuff taking months for us to catch up.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I still expect just the multiplayer part to be available in April, with the new story stuff taking months for us to catch up.
Yeah, that is what they said:
"With this rejuvenation, we will be updating the game with several large-scale updates, starting with the release of multiplayer quests!"

CrystalRaine

Question: Do you guys reckon Union X will require a newer iOS to download? I play Unchained X on my 1st gen iPad Mini, which is running iOS 7, and I'm a bit worried that the new version will require iOS 8 or later. I'm not a fan of playing games on my phone because I prefer the larger screen, and I've heard that iOS 9 is super laggy on the 1st gen Mini, so I'm reluctant to update.

Just wondering because it happened to me on Disney Tsum Tsum - it had an update a few months ago that required iOS 8 or later, so I had to re-download the game on my phone, and I really don't want to have to do that with Union X.

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards

quick question: how does the pre-register thing work? i'm really tempted to do it for the rewards, but im not sure how its done?

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards

Yeah, that is what they said:
"With this rejuvenation, we will be updating the game with several large-scale updates, starting with the release of multiplayer quests!"
It bothers me that they're relaunching as Union χ before the story is even ready for it.

But, ENG bothers me in general, so.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

it's done, but i wonder how we'll get the game by this method. (i'm new to this thing)

You don't. You'll have to download it on the platform of your choosing when it's released. Pre-registration is just for hitting the numbers for incentive rewards, and the fact that they'll e-mail you whenever it's available to download.

Muke

whatever
Awards

we will never see the beautiful unchained logo again Dx

The opening cinematic itself looks okay, but will it also have THAT track in-game?

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards

You don't. You'll have to download it on the platform of your choosing when it's released. Pre-registration is just for hitting the numbers for incentive rewards, and the fact that they'll e-mail you whenever it's available to download.

ohh. well that cleared it up for me.

ImVentus

Awards

So sometime around April when it's gonna be out are they still gonna go in order with the story missions and have non-japan version fall behind even further with the story content. While Japan will continue on where Ephemer, Ven & Skuld left off?

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

we will never see the beautiful unchained logo again Dx

I thought this at first, then I remembered how much I preferred the original X [chi] logo to the current one. D:

The opening cinematic itself looks okay, but will it also have THAT track in-game?

No, but seriously. I like the track a lot, and I think it's cool for a teaser, but idk. I always click past the opening anyways, however Dearly Beloved variation > everything else imho.

sephydark

Awards

I'm just wondering what prompted them to rebrand it. I mean, I get the preregistration campaign since these sorts of games tend to lose players as they go on and Mobius FF has done similar things to drum up interest, but the title change and everything seems like a lot. Though, I did notice that Kingdom Hearts Union X is still abbreviated KHUX.

Well, whatever it's about, it sounds like this is going to be a pretty big update. Hopefully it'll be a lot of improvements.

S.Gill17

I'm so excited for this, but the power creep will be ridiculous again at some point for those who don't invest real money to play the game. I'm hyped, but I don't think I'll play it.

Thanks for this. There wasn't a ton of clear information being given on the update, but I figured it was just a rebrand of UX with a ton of new content that wouldn't affect current users at all in terms of their progress.

I haven't been playing UX like I used to (mainly because of how hard it is for someone who doesn't spend a ton of money on the game to guilt their medals and the fact the game lags quite a bit on my old Samsung Galaxy S3), but this has given me the motivation to pick it up again for sure!

Yeah, I stopped playing UX for the same reason - the money and difficulty not the lag. Honestly, I'm so excited for this but I don't think I want to play again - I spent too many hours on it and got sucked into it and then it just got ridiculously difficult. I'm going to watch Everglow play Union X.

I'm still hyped about it even though I won't be playing - We're finally learning why Ven was on that 3rd anniversary art for X! Though, Nomura might have messed with my brain again because I only just got used to time travel XD

Last edited by a moderator:

Leopardess

Legendary Member
Awards

Question: Do you guys reckon Union X will require a newer iOS to download? I play Unchained X on my 1st gen iPad Mini, which is running iOS 7, and I'm a bit worried that the new version will require iOS 8 or later. I'm not a fan of playing games on my phone because I prefer the larger screen, and I've heard that iOS 9 is super laggy on the 1st gen Mini, so I'm reluctant to update.

Just wondering because it happened to me on Disney Tsum Tsum - it had an update a few months ago that required iOS 8 or later, so I had to re-download the game on my phone, and I really don't want to have to do that with Union X.

Hey, I also play on my old iPad 1 and still using iOS 7 as well. Have been a bit worried whether I will need to up the OS. Not sure. Come April, I guess we'll know. LOL.

CrystalRaine

Hey, I also play on my old iPad 1 and still using iOS 7 as well. Have been a bit worried whether I will need to up the OS. Not sure. Come April, I guess we'll know. LOL.

Here's hoping! I'm not optimistic though, because there's fewer and fewer games being released now that still support iOS 7, and even ones that do are not always compatible with the 1st gen iPads anymore (FF IX for example) - it sucks :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back