• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Important characters should not return or at least be important to the M.O.M. Saga

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
Well does anyone else want this? No roxas, xion, namane,aqua,terra, and ansem the wise. The reason is that don't have any importance I'm the next saga. Like literally nothing. They had their fill of the xehanort saga. Maybe a cameo in the sage or spoken reference, but putting them in the Master of Masters saga would be pointless. With the characters that's gonna have a big role luxord, larxene, marluxia, sora, riku, the foretellers, demyx, yozara, and skuld. They have a bigger role because M.O.M. goals dwarfs master xehanort. Other than that, the past saga characters that were important should not be important in the saga.

:/ plus forcing them into the next saga for fanservice shouldn't happen. That's all, and tell me how you feel.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Considering Nomura couldn't even manage to make them feel important in the game that was meant to be centered on their return to the fold, yeah I wouldn't trust him to make them out as anything more than rushed fanservice in a future title either. Dramatic fodder, at best; eventually Nomura is going to run out of ideas on how to bring people back, which means somebody's gotta die for keeps.

And we all know Kairi is better off just waiting back on DI styling shell jewelry for the Moogle shop.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I think the core trio Sora/Riku/Kairi should be moved to the forefront now for main titles, especially because Kairi is kickass and can fight tons of heartless now, so she won't have to sit on the sidelines and do nothing. Side games can focus on TAV and RAX. The only issue I have with that is... Ven is in KHUX and Axel/Isa are basically the ones that introduced Girl X to the story. Ansem The Wise is also the one that apparently hid her away from Xehanort too, so I'm sure someone will have to talk to Ansem about this.

I have a feeling that Terra's role will be reduced significantly, which I don't mind. His whole story was about being seduced by darkness and then finally escaping it (which he did). I assume he would stay in Land of Departure to guard it or something. He's also not a Keyblade Master, so that would also be a good excuse to limit him to cameos.

Aqua - being one of the few active (I'm looking at you Yen Sid) Keyblade Masters in the game - definitely needs to be more present. She will probably be the one to find out more about the MOM's box and story details from KHUX (probably with Ven by her side).

Awards
I think the core trio Sora/Riku/Kairi should be moved to the forefront now for main titles, especially because Kairi is kickass and can fight tons of heartless now, so she won't have to sit on the sidelines and do nothing. Side games can focus on TAV and RAX. The only issue I have with that is... Ven is in KHUX and Axel/Isa are basically the ones that introduced Girl X to the story. Ansem The Wise is also the one that apparently hid her away from Xehanort too, so I'm sure someone will have to talk to Ansem about this.

I have a feeling that Terra's role will be reduced significantly, which I don't mind. His whole story was about being seduced by darkness and then finally escaping it (which he did). I assume he would stay in Land of Departure to guard it or something. He's also not a Keyblade Master, so that would also be a good excuse to limit him to cameos.

Aqua - being one of the few active (I'm looking at you Yen Sid) Keyblade Masters in the game - definitely needs to be more present. She will probably be the one to find out more about the MOM's box and story details from KHUX (probably with Ven by her side).

I'm not too sure about aqua and terra, because chirthy found ventus, its gonna be play a big role forward for M.O.M. box. Now I can see what you mean I totally understand, but they have to find a connection to the plot if they are still gonna be used. Maybe Gula invades the land of departure or something. All i'm saying they have be directly connected to the next saga to stay relevant.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I'm not too sure about aqua and terra, because chirthy found ventus, its gonna be play a big role forward for M.O.M. box. Now I can see what you mean I totally understand, but they have to find a connection to the plot if they are still gonna be used. Maybe Gula invades the land of departure or something. All i'm saying they have be directly connected to the next saga to stay relevant.

I think it all comes down to whether Nomura wants these characters to be connected or not. He can easily make Terra and others who seemingly have nothing to do with the MOM/KHUX stuff connected or he can just introduce new characters.

My personal take on this is that he should use what we've got. Especially because it feels like this new saga won't be loaded with side games, so it really needs to be concise. The only issue is that with all these people affected by Xehanort, there will always be references/ties to what he did which can be problematic for a new saga.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Terra and Aqua don't need a direct connection to the plot to stay "relevant" at all.

All that is needed to include them already stands and its their devotion to support and protect Ventus and their overall friendship.

They're finally together again so that just finally needs to be used to depict them as a true team.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I'm kind of torn on wehter or not I think all characters should be brought back moving forward. On one hand Nomura has just proven to us that he's not great at juggling such a large cast of characters. On another hand I really don't want them to fade out of the story I'm too attached to TAV, RAX, Kairi and Namine to want to see them benched for too long.

In an other threads we've also discussed all the interesting and exciting side games you could have with these characters moving forward and I do like the presented idea of there being 3 side games setting up KH4.

One focusing on Riku, Mickey and Kairi trying to get Sora back, either ending with them finding and reviving him or finding the means to. Another focusing on Roxas, Axel, Xion and Isa learning about subject X. And finally one focusing Terra, Aqua and Ven learning about Ven's past, the Dandelions and the black box.

Generally I do like the idea of side games focusing on the trios individually and the main games focusing more on Sora and the conclusions of the sides games set up, just I worry how well those can be executed.

Terra and Aqua don't need a direct connection to the plot to stay "relevant" at all.

All that is needed to include them already stands and its their devotion to support and protect Ventus and their overall friendship.

They're finally together again so that just finally needs to be used to depict them as a true team.

This is true, though I also see the opportunity to explore the whole blue blooded Keyblade Wielder plot point with them, they're the only wielders we know that might be decedents of the Dandilions. Their Past is still a complete blank slate.

Hirokey123

Awards
KH3 went out of their way to make sure every major group had a connection to the new group you realize that right?

Isa, Lea, Roxas, and Xion have "The girl" (which I'm like 90% certain is why she was included in their group to begin with)
Larxene, Marluxia, Demyx, and Luxord are inherently tied to that time
Terra and Aqua are connected by Ventus and they also just added Chirithy to their family
Ansem the Wise and the apprentices have Braig

Not saying it will be done well or needs to be done at all, but it feels pretty deliberate how KH3 ends with making sure everyone had an excuse to rejoin.

The Kid

Awards
Agreed. Gimme Sora, Riku, Donald, Goofy, and Mickey and I'm happy. Add in the Final Fantasy cameos and that'd be perfect. Storywise, I've been wanting the series to go to its KH1 roots for a long time. Obviously not gonna happen though

Xagzan

Awards
Huh, I could've sworn I replied in this thread already, but my feeling is I would 100% not retire any of the characters on the KH3 cover, except maybe Terra, cause personally I've always found him boring. But the rest of the cast has had minimal/zero time to interact together in the manner I always love to see in RPGs, and should get the chance to. Roxas, Xion, Namine, all of them. They just came back after all. And Aqua was the best thing to happen to KH in a while so definitely her too.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Weren't you the same person who said that Kingdom Hearts should no longer continue as a franchise because a portion of the fanbase was disappointed by the game?

Now you don't want established characters to be associated with future games? I don't understand your bipolar outlook for the future of Kingdom Hearts. None of us knows the relevance of the extended cast going forward, so this assumption of importance holds no weight.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Weren't you the same person who said that Kingdom Hearts should no longer continue as a franchise because a portion of the fanbase was disappointed by the game?

Now you don't want established characters to be associated with future games? I don't understand your bipolar outlook for the future of Kingdom Hearts. None of us knows the relevance of the extended cast going forward, so this assumption of importance holds no weight.

It's like when people said they plan to leave after KH3 - there's a good chance most of them are gonna stick around anyway, regardless of how KH3 turned out. And, if they did leave, there's also a good chance that plenty will come back once that dope new trailer for the next title gets released. It is what it is.

Idunno, I think right now is a weird time and people's impressions are still somewhat raw even a month out. I don't see us getting a new KH title for a few years anyway.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I think that, out of the plethora of characters we have, I think that Ansem and his Apprentices are more likely to return. I feel like they're going to take the Restoration Committee's place in terms of major plot advancement supportive characters.

Back