• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Implied Duality of Kingdom Hearts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

whiskeyii

Hey, everybody. Long time lurker here, so if this post is in the wrong section feel free to move it. Okay, onwards!

Considering the dual nature of the Kingdom Hearts universe, like the existence of Heartless and the Princesses of Heart; or the "World of Light" vs. the "World of Darkness," I have a question that I can't seem to find the answer to--here's where the fans come in. Since light coexisting alongside darkness is a common theme in the Kingdom Hearts games, does that imply that, since the "door to light" exists, there should also conversely be a "door to darkness?" Or, is Kingdom Hearts (the place itself) dual-natured in the sense that any doors to Kingdom Hearts are doors to both light and darkness? Also, since there is a repeated mention of "that far-off light in the deepest darkness", does that also imply the existence of the deepest darkness within the brightest light? Or are the twio (light within darkness and darkness within light) one and the same within Kingdom Hearts? In other words, if you entered from "the light side" of Kingdom Hearts, would you theoretically see darkness in the distance? Or, if you saw what Sora did at the end of the first game, is that deepest darkness all the Heartless at the entrance, with the light being--for lack of a better comparison--at the end of the tunnel?

Sorry it's so long, but I've been wrapping my brain around this idea for a few days now, and I'm just running around in mental circles. Any help is appreciated, even moreso if you can provide in-game evidence or interviews to back up your thoughts. Thanks in advance! :)

Xirchs the 13th

Website
xirchs.tumblr.com
if you have played KHII

throughout the game you uncover the mysteries of the DtD
and it even is called The Door to Darkness

and if memory serves me right
(which odds are that im wrong here)
the DtD is the doorway to Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts is in fact darkness
although i may be wrong
it could also be on depending the motivation of the person intends to use Kingdom Hearts for :$

hope that helped even the tiniest bit

whiskeyii

So, to clarify, then, Kingdom Hearts is both, as Sora claimed, "the door to light", as well as Ansem's "door to darkness?" Is that about right?

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
The Doors =\= KH.
The Kingdom Hearts sought for in KH1 is behind the Door to Darkness - that's been confirmed. Mickey and Riku talked in CoM about the Light of KH inside the Darkness - meaning they were past the door.
There can be several KHs it seems, going by KH2, yet we don't know the precise requirements for that to happen, nor the conditions to make it possible.
As for Light/Darkness, that also seems to be up in the air. The KH in KH1 seemed to be made of light, yet one has to ask if that's all it can be used for. Xemnas, after all, used it nicely for his own needs.

As for the Duality, we know not. There being a "Darkness inside the brightest light" has as good a chance for being as do the Beings with Hearts of Pure Darkness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back