• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Immortality is just another 20 years aways. Immortality discussion.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

very differentiable
Awards
When something's unattainable, people desire it the most. So yeah, lots of mass suicides i bet.

D

Deleted member 60399

At first I thought immortality would be a miracle. But, then I picture myslef being immortal. As the years go by you will soon realize that your immortal life is boring and not worth living anymore. The Cullens from Twilight are immortal vampires but they're already sick of living forever. So maybe it's for the best to accept what we are. Mortal.

DiceKiller

hope I don't rust
∞;4653563 said:
You think by the time humanity can create immortality they wouldn't have already started putting computer chips and shit in brains to perpetuate and allow for more details in memories?

Lol, didn't take that into account, just thinking about immortality in general since it's just been on my mind lately.

Lumen et ignem

Bronze Member
Immortality would get tiring eventually. Living every day knowing you aren't going to die by natural causes and most of your time spent doing things you've already done over and over again. Plus the world would be overpopulated and unless someone came up with some way to avoid starvation then that would just add to problems. It wouldn't work.

XjXsOlJa

NHSrep
You know.
There are still things called the SUN EXPLODING.
Ahaha.
Messing.
But I'm pretty sure the world would be overpopulated and then mass extinction or something....
Or not.

Lord_Zexion

Do you really think that they wouldn't solve the 'hunger problem' by upgrading us so we would be able to use solar energy?

Well, I'd like to be immortal for one thing. So what if I become a heartless bastard? So will everyone! Screw ethics, yay! (okay, i was kidding on that one)

But still, the overpopulation problem can be solved... well, depending on the specifics problems anyway...

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
We're powered by chemical energy, not solar or electrical, so there's a problem right there.

Lord_Zexion

I've gotta say, this topic astonishes me. I mean, I've always seen immortality as one of humanity greatest dream, and not a single person in the thread said something about this being good. I mean, if everyone realize it I'm glad, but is everyone really thinking this, or posting that it sucks just to not go against the few first posts that were made?

It has it's advantages. As the gamer that I am, life wouldn't be THAT boring. Besides, I'm antisocial, so it'll take a while before I become insane because of the loneliness. But, if EVERYONE become immortal, then I have two words for that: Problem Solved. But I guess that it depends about who we are talking about anyway.

Wonderglow

It has it's advantages. As the gamer that I am, life wouldn't be THAT boring. Besides, I'm antisocial, so it'll take a while before I become insane because of the loneliness. But, if EVERYONE become immortal, then I have two words for that: Problem Solved. But I guess that it depends about who we are talking about anyway.
I don't know about you, but I bet I'd get sick of everybody and everything at some point. I think part of what makes life "life" is that it has an unknown time limit. Kind of like when you're little at a theme park, you plan which rides to go on and what to do before you leave. If you stayed there 24/7 and rode all the rides as much as you want, imagine how depressing it woud be once you sat back on the park bench having had every cotton candy, beaten every mini game, and rode every ride until it was routine? It might take longer for some people, but I guarantee that life will lose it's essence of struggle and adventure. You know how lovers say they wish they'd be together forever? Let's just pair them up for eternity and see what happens. arabslol

dillanger

I think that we look at immotality the wrong way i think that we should just enhance the way our cells work to repair the human body

Lord_Zexion

I think that we look at immotality the wrong way i think that we should just enhance the way our cells work to repair the human body

Actually, researches have recently found that there is a gene we possess that may actually cause senescence (aging of the cells) to occur faster than it could. The ability to repair the human body better would be great, but I really think that immortality in and of itself is the goal that we need to reach.

By the way, Google also launched a new project to 'solve' or 'cure' mortality. It's called Calico. I have a bookmark folder full of web sites about it, so you can always just ask me to and I'll put them here. It's all pretty interesting.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
You're relatively new here I see, so welcome to KHI! You're not in any big trouble, don't worry; just make sure not to post in/bump really old threads like this one again. Here's a link to the rules: KHInsider Forums FAQ

Again, welcome to the site!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back