• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Image of Daybreak Town in KHUX Back Cover

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
We could always see ruins later on, if they are one in the same, since TAV pretty much stuck to what felt like a very small margin of a world (especially a final world). I mean, the place Lingering Sentiment was left and is in KH2FM (if that part is confirmed canon) were clearly different/altered.

Who's to say a revisit doesn't show off a wonderful city of decay and ruin~
Still should've been in BBS even if they do add it in later, imo.

BBS has many problems, but I think one of the biggest is that the stakes never feel real, and I think actually seeing ruins from the Old World would've helped that some. Wouldn't fix everything of course, but it'd definitely help. Not to make this a thread about BBS or anything though lol.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Still should've been in BBS even if they do add it in later, imo.

BBS has many problems, but I think one of the biggest is that the stakes never feel real, and I think actually seeing ruins from the Old World would've helped that some. Wouldn't fix everything of course, but it'd definitely help. Not to make this a thread about BBS or anything though lol.

You're not wrong, lol. It could be argued Daybreak may not have even been a concept at the time/been a potential original version of KG, but if it is, I have to agree that seeing those ruins would have made much more of an impact than a couple of swirle tornados, craters, Mickey symbol, and then just... a bunch of Keyblades.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
You're not wrong, lol. It could be argued Daybreak may not have even been a concept at the time/been a potential original version of KG, but if it is, I have to agree that seeing those ruins would have made much more of an impact than a couple of swirle tornados, craters, Mickey symbol, and then just... a bunch of Keyblades.
You can tell the whole Keyblade Graveyard world was rushed, too. Seeing as how the trio all enter The Gathering from different sides of the map yet all go through the exact same locations in game. They should've had each character see a different aspect of the world and really laid the groundwork for convincing us that the the Keyblade War could really begin again, and seeing the damage of the past one, and so on. Such a missed opportunity.

But again... not to make this into a thread about BBS lol.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Movie only. Same as the movies in the previous HD collections.
I wouldn't say it's gonna be the same as the Days and Re:Coded "movies." Back Cover has been referred to as an actual "movie" rather than a collection of cutscenes or however the 1.5 and 2.5 collections put it. There's a good chance that it might be done in a more movie-like way than just bunching some cutscenes together.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Well....that's slightly disappointing, but hey I guess it's fine.

I mean, to be fair, that's been known since it was announced, and in the trailers it even says so.

I wouldn't say it's gonna be the same as the Days and Re:Coded "movies." Back Cover has been referred to as an actual "movie" rather than a collection of cutscenes or however the 1.5 and 2.5 collections put it. There's a good chance that it might be done in a more movie-like way than just bunching some cutscenes together.

True. Days was bunch cutscene extravaganza, and Re:coded tried a little more but still suffered. I imagine this one will be an actual movie, since I can't really see them putting in those "transitions" the other collections had. Especially with the fact they're doing everything in the new, pretty graphics.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
True. Days was bunch cutscene extravaganza, and Re:coded tried a little more but still suffered. I imagine this one will be an actual movie, since I can't really see them putting in those "transitions" the other collections had. Especially with the fact they're doing everything in the new, pretty graphics.
Yep. And aside from the new graphics, from what we know, Back Cover is a completely new story, or at least one that hasn't been put into a format similar to the other KH games. Since it doesn't have to work around that sort of thing, it's probably going to flow a lot better as something you just watch.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Yep. And aside from the new graphics, from what we know, Back Cover is a completely new story, or at least one that hasn't been put into a format similar to the other KH games. Since it doesn't have to work around that sort of thing, it's probably going to flow a lot better as something you just watch.

The bright side of Back Cover being an actual movie and not a plethora of cutscenes is that we may have more time to witness and appreciate chi's world in full glorious 3D, HD under Unreal Engine 4. :]

EchoFringe49

The concept of this being an actual movie makes me really excited, the cutscene collection of re:coded is one of the most boring things i've ever seen so I was dreading watching back cover. I'm not sure if the writing will be better but the pacing definitely will be

I wonder ... the length of time will have the Back Cover
I'm hoping for about 90 mins or 2 hrs at most, anything longer and it'll turn out to be a drag to watch

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
With Cable Town and Twilight Town already confirmed, and Radiant Garden being honestly quite necessary thats a lot of original town-like worlds already. I feel like Daybreak Town should sit out on KH3 itself, as nice as it looks. Though I really dig the idea of the Keyblade Graveyard being it and having ruins and such.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I wonder if we can really consider Twilight Town confirmed. Like I know we see it in footage, but it's always the same area, over and over again. Almost like they just use it as a way to show off gameplay without spoiling new worlds. The possibility exists that it might not actually show up in the final game.

EchoFringe49

I wonder if we can really consider Twilight Town confirmed. Like I know we see it in footage, but it's always the same area, over and over again. Almost like they just use it as a way to show off gameplay without spoiling new worlds. The possibility exists that it might not actually show up in the final game.
hmmm that's an interesting theory and I don't think Nomura/Square have outright confirmed TT but it seems like a waste of resources to construct a world that they wouldn't even use. it definitely wouldn't be the first a trailer has shown off something thats not in the game

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
hmmm that's an interesting theory and I don't think Nomura/Square have outright confirmed TT but it seems like a waste of resources to construct a world that they wouldn't even use. it definitely wouldn't be the first a trailer has shown off something thats not in the game
This is why I point out we only see a single section of one area of all of Twilight Town. And it wouldn't be a waste since this one area has managed to support them for multiple trailers of game footage while they build the new worlds up. Anyway it's just a thought.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I pretty much think Roxas will live in Twilight Town after all of this is over. Other than that, I think Hayner, Pence and Olette may be some loose ends related to Roxas. Then there's the fact that HPO were in the "Reconnect: Kingdom Hearts" secret ending, meaning they have importance. And they were also alongside Kairi. AAANND (lol), Twilight Town is part of Destiny Islands.

Zul

Awards
That image is....so much more pleasing to look at than the obnoxious orange of Twilight Town. As for whether it will be playable or not...I don't know. Daybreak town is a sleeping world, right(because of Chirithy)?

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Then there's the fact that HPO were in the "Reconnect: Kingdom Hearts" secret ending, meaning they have importance. And they were also alongside Kairi.
Except we're lead to believe that scene happened during KH2. And given how BBS v2 has been reduced to 0.2.... Idk.

AAANND (lol), Twilight Town is part of Destiny Islands.
No it isn't?

I could see it going either way at this point. Twilight Town could easily appear, or it could easily be cut lol. It may go the way of Traverse Town and the HB castle (in comparison to KH2).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back