• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Image of Daybreak Town in KHUX Back Cover

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
here a clear image of the town

CeoxZ_pXIAA-TDh.jpg:orig

Last edited:

Royce & Mueller

Whatever that "Cable Town" world is that we heard of, I feel like it's either going to be this world or what Land of Departure will look like when Castle Oblivion is restored.
"Cable town?" I think I missed something.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
here a clear image of the town

CeoxZ_pXIAA-TDh.jpg:orig

Okay, wow. That looks really great in higher quality. Can't wait until there's a wallpaper-sized files so we can zoom in on all the itty bitty details.

"Cable town?" I think I missed something.

If I remember correctly, during the 2.5 launch event, some concept footage was shown and one of the concept arts shown was of a world called Cable Town. Bunch of floating islands and stuff connected by cables. I'm sure someone else remembers the specifics better than I do.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
This somehow looks like a pretty nice mixture of Kalm (FF VII) and Lindblum (FF IX) to me. I really like it.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
This somehow looks like a pretty nice mixture of Kalm (FF VII) and Lindblum (FF IX) to me. I really like it.

I definitely see the similarities to Kalm in there. I think, as far as Lindblum, it's the clocktower giving off that feel.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
I get more of an Alexandria (FFIX) feeling, someone should shop Alexander's wings on the clock tower.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Looks pretty groovy. Lighting is ass, but it's a development screenshot, and we're not even sure what it's platform of use is... To be honest, I doubt we'll be coming here in KH3. This area looks to be devoid of any sort of 'game' design, it looks small, and it's got a sort of stagey perspective to it... I think we'll only see this baby in cutscenes.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Looks pretty groovy. Lighting is ass, but it's a development screenshot, and we're not even sure what it's platform of use is... To be honest, I doubt we'll be coming here in KH3. This area looks to be devoid of any sort of 'game' design, it looks small, and it's got a sort of stagey perspective to it... I think we'll only see this baby in cutscenes.

Well, to be fair, this is only the central hub of the town, which isn't very large. The other areas of Daybreak Town are much more open and probably more design-friendly in terms of running around or fighting. If we do come here in KH3, I imagine they'll make it work as an explorable world, even if it means tweaking some things. Besides, if we do come back to Daybreak Town, it'll be a new version since this one we're seeing is from Back Cover, so we know it fell into darkness. Maybe Daybreak Town 2.0 will be more suited to better design and interacting with.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
To be honest, I don't know if I'd want this world. I feel like if they brought it back in KH3, they probably would give it some kind of Radiant Garden feeling.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
To be honest, I don't know if I'd want this world. I feel like if they brought it back in KH3, they probably would give it some kind of Radiant Garden feeling.

I have a feeling that, much like Land of Departure is Castle Oblivion, that Daybreak Town might be a world that already exists. For example, Daybreak Town and Twilight Town seem to be opposite worlds (one is sunset, the other is sunrise), but what if Twilight Town is Daybreak Town? I doubt it, but that's the kind of thing I mean.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
bloodborne hearts.

this legit looks like my old hopes for BbS Vol. 2

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Only bad thing i have to say is it looks a little too depressing.

Then again you never know,the lightning could easily shift from this to something brighter like a cycle or something.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

Then again you never know,the lightning could easily shift from this to something brighter like a cycle or something.

My problem with more lighting is that it could be just a clone of Radiant Garden. Or maybe it's supposed to give a feeling of ghost town?

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Uhm....dunno bout you guys, but where I live, it tends to be a little darker at like..............DAYBREAK...

Awards
I love the way Daybreak Town looks! It's just magnificent how they managed to bring it into the 3D realm! And the lighting makes it look like the sun is just rising. Good ol' dawn...of justice.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Or maybe it's supposed to give a feeling of ghost town?

Well, technically spoken it should ge a ghost town since it is a place from before the Great Keyblade War.
The war in which, y'know, supposedly everyone but a few children perished at the conclusion.

It's also possible that IF Daybreak town is in KH III at all (this picture is for 2.8 Back Cover, is it not?) that it will be nothing but a phantom/spectral recording or a dream, like i.e. that special sphere of Zanarkand Seymor showed to Yuna & co. in FF X.

In that case it will probably have a totally creepy, eerie field music that keeps players on their toes at all time, uneasily awaiting what might be waiting around the next corner with possibly exceptionally powerful enemies around, including a horde of Nightmare Chirithys.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Well, technically spoken it should ge a ghost town since it is a place from before the Great Keyblade War.
The war in which, y'know, supposedly everyone but a few children perished at the conclusion.

It's also possible that IF Daybreak town is in KH III at all (this picture is for 2.8 Back Cover, is it not?) that it will be nothing but a phantom/spectral recording or a dream, like i.e. that special sphere of Zanarkand Seymor showed to Yuna & co. in FF X.

In that case it will probably have a totally creepy, eerie field music that keeps players on their toes at all time, uneasily awaiting what might be waiting around the next corner with possibly exceptionally powerful enemies around, including a horde of Nightmare Chirithys.

*nods head in accordance* this is pretty much how I envision Daybreak Town working as a world in KINGDOM HEARTS III. When initially explored, it'll be a ghost town full of Heartless popping everywhere. Maybe a group of survivors are hidden somewhere, maybe not. But I wonder *how* they're going to introduce Daybreak Town on KHIII (assuming it even makes it there which, honestly, sounds plausible, seeing as how it's possible they're making assets in Break Cover and 0.2 to be utilized on 3, too).

Royce & Mueller

Well, it is a daybreak. You know - super early in the morning when the Amish peoples get up and churn butter and make those little wooden drawer thingies.

It's not exactly the sunniest time of the day. In that respect, the lighting is fine. More than fine actually. Unreal 4 is a monster. You should check this vid out. Some guy rendered, or rather, extracted the models and textures from Goldshire from WoW and slapped them into Unreal 4. It's some beautiful stuff.
[video=youtube;L-2EzQyd8Ns]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-2EzQyd8Ns[/video]

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
*nods head in accordance* this is pretty much how I envision Daybreak Town working as a world in KINGDOM HEARTS III. When initially explored, it'll be a ghost town full of Heartless popping everywhere. Maybe a group of survivors are hidden somewhere, maybe not. But I wonder *how* they're going to introduce Daybreak Town on KHIII (assuming it even makes it there which, honestly, sounds plausible, seeing as how it's possible they're making assets in Break Cover and 0.2 to be utilized on 3, too).

I'd also say that the Heartless would start popping up only after a while or after a certain action within the world is taken, increasing the creepiness of the whole place. Bonus points if some of the Heartless are actually those speaking ones that were recently introduced in x[chi].
Imagine Sora's reaction to those.
Another issue to think about would be if Sora has to tackle this creepy place by himself or has Donald & Goofy or someone else with him.
Keyword creepy, when I meant eerie "field music" I wasn't particularily thinking of any actual music but more some weird background noise that makes Sora and the audience go "well this place seems deserted, but it is somehow clear we're not alone here."
Something akin to this background piece from the longest Level of Tomb Raider II, the Great Temple of Xian:
[video=youtube;KB9yfW0J4lw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB9yfW0J4lw[/video]
It just oozes uneasiness and eerie atmosphere.

They would certainly have to take a sort of story twist to have Sora arrive in Daybreak Town somehow. Considering its special status it certainly won't just pop up on the normal world map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back