• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I'm surprised no one has taken note of this

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
I was going to wait and include this in a theory, but I'm more interested in hearing others' thoughts on this.

Sora: But how far could a raft take us?

Riku: Who knows? If we have to, we’ll think of something else.

I'm sure you're all aware that what Sora and Riku said in the KH3D trailer was what they said verbatim in KH1.
But what does that imply?

Well, it must be that, for whatever reason Sora and Riku revert to their KH1 selves, it isn't just their appearances. Their minds, their memories are back to how they were at square one. Otherwise I'd doubt they'd be talking about the raft.

So it would seem that this is something much larger than just a part of the Mark of Mastery exam. How could they take the exam if their abilities and memories have been stripped? It's asinine, because the point of the exam is to show you've learned enough to be a master.

And as Nomura recently pointed out, only a part of the game deals with the exam (presumably the part where they're in their KH2 outfits, though that has yet to be seen).
So if what we've seen is not a part of the exam then I can only imagine it's some kind of development that either interferes with or delays it.

What do you think?

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Hmm... I haven't really thought about it that much. When I found out that they had the same dialogue from KH1, I only thought about it for a second and then kind of shrugged it off. Not really sure where they'd go with this, but I'm sure it'd be interesting (and hopefully not stupid)

The only thing I'm curious about is the fact that their positions are different than in KH1. In KH1, they were leaning on the Poupu tree and Kairi was there. This probably means absolutely nothing but I just figured I'd mention it anyway.

-Alucard-

In a galaxy far far away, next to Burger Town
I said that quote in my thread. I believe that since I think that memories and dreams are connected (deeply infact), I fear as if we are dealing with a dream, concerning with the past. That's just my opinion though.

Obviously this can't be another game of memories though. We (or at least I am) are completely done with that kind of shenanigan. If this is truly about dreams, then I'll be happy and right at the same time.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
It could just be a flashback that holds some symbolism to the plot.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
It could just be a flashback that holds some symbolism to the plot.

How could it be a flashback when in the original event, it's a sunset, they're on the small piece of land across the bridge where the Poupu tree is, and Kairi is there but in this version none of those are present?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back