• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I'm sure this has been done a million times, but...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Well, does evading enemies have to do with cutting buildings in half? I don't see any reason that is actually supposed to be part of the reaction command. When I first played KH2, I was like, "What the hell does cutting buildings have to do with reactions?"
I think they took that from Advent Children and to the other guy, with realistic I think he ment that they can act more like if it where a movie

HeartsLight

Well, think KH2 as automatic combat system and KH1 and manual combat system. And what you said does not apply to every single martial arts. Yes, I may not know what martial art you are doing, but I'm pretty sure you don't know every single martial arts in existence. Some martial arts practice in backfiring enemy's attack, or evading as much as possible and attacking blind points of enemies. And besides, Sora is not a martial artist, he barely even know how to use keyblade to full potential.
Actually, it does. It just depends on if one or the other of the combatants manages to end the fight quickly or not. If not, then as I said you'll see cycles of attacks and retreats and circling, this is sometimes referred to as the ebb and flow of a battle or fight.

And I never claimed to know every martial art in existence and actually consider myself to be little more than a beginner. However, there are some things that remain the same no matter what art you practice. The difference between arts is how they approach the fight and what techniques that they use to do so. As you said, some arts practice evasion (eg. Ba Gua where they "walk the circle" and use very evasive footwork) and some use their opponents strength and momentum against them (eg. Aikido using joint locks and throws) and some simply focus on strikes and kicks (eg. Kung Fu or Muay Thai). Blind spots in an opponents' guard is what every combatant (note: combatant, not artist) is looking to take advantage of as they show a point where the opponent isn't paying enough attention and will be relatively easy to hit.

And Sora is most definitely not a martial artist and I never claimed he was. What I was talking about was the way a fight is realistically going to go and how it applied to the combat system, not to the character.

Silfarion

Actually, it does. It just depends on if one or the other of the combatants manages to end the fight quickly or not. If not, then as I said you'll see cycles of attacks and retreats and circling, this is sometimes referred to as the ebb and flow of a battle or fight.

And I never claimed to know every martial art in existence and actually consider myself to be little more than a beginner. However, there are some things that remain the same no matter what art you practice. The difference between arts is how they approach the fight and what techniques that they use to do so. As you said, some arts practice evasion (eg. Ba Gua where they "walk the circle" and use very evasive footwork) and some use their opponents strength and momentum against them (eg. Aikido using joint locks and throws) and some simply focus on strikes and kicks (eg. Kung Fu or Muay Thai). Blind spots in an opponents' guard is what every combatant (note: combatant, not artist) is looking to take advantage of as they show a point where the opponent isn't paying enough attention and will be relatively easy to hit.

And Sora is most definitely not a martial artist and I never claimed he was. What I was talking about was the way a fight is realistically going to go and how it applied to the combat system, not to the character.

I never said you said any of those things, I'm just doing sort of, 'hypothesis'. And about the first point, some martial arts actually acts as war of attrition; who can last longer more defensively with nearly all moves being evasion with minimum offensive moves.

P.S: why the heck are we talking about martial arts when we are supposed to talk about reaction commands? XD

HeartsLight

I never said you said any of those things, I'm just doing sort of, 'hypothesis'. And about the first point, some martial arts actually acts as war of attrition; who can last longer more defensively with nearly all moves being evasion with minimum offensive moves.

P.S: why the heck are we talking about martial arts when we are supposed to talk about reaction commands? XD
Oh, ok. Sorry, I'd had a bad day and was sort of feeling defensive myself (lol, talking about defensive arts too). Probably just a misinterpretation on my part. Anyway, yes quite a few arts are like that. Like I said before Ba Gua is one of them and is actually rather distinctive with their defensive footwork and such.

And why are we talking about martial arts? Anyway, back on topic, I agree that the reaction command was overused. Maybe if they'd kept it to bosses and the harder heartless and nobodies (like the dancers and stuff) it would have been better.

Silfarion

And why are we talking about martial arts? Anyway, back on topic, I agree that the reaction command was overused. Maybe if they'd kept it to bosses and the harder heartless and nobodies (like the dancers and stuff) it would have been better.

Agreed, it is too much overpowered and too easy to use. I think it will be much better if it is weaker by A TON or much more harder to use.

Dcasd1

i think they should have left the reaction commands out of kh2 and just put in in bbs because sora was way to powerful after just watching up after a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back