• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

"I'm sorry about the ice cream!"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

kaseykockroach

Awards
Either this game features a flashback cutscene detailing what the heck Donald was referring to, or I'm cancelling my pre-order.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
It's a mistranslation. Or perhaps more accurately, a rewrite.
In the Japanese version of the game, Donald says「グーフィーご飯だぞ!」or, "Goofy, there's food!"

kaseykockroach

Awards
What the heck is THAT supposed to mean?! Is Donald trying to bring Goofy back to life with the promise of food?...because if so, that'd be pretty effective.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Donald ate Goofy's pint of ice cream from the fridge without asking first :p

Donald trying to revive Goofy with the promise of food is amusing. He always did seem to have the biggest appetite out of the three of them.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
What the heck is THAT supposed to mean?! Is Donald trying to bring Goofy back to life with the promise of food?...because if so, that'd be pretty effective.
That seems to be the intent.

The line SENA wrote seems to be referring to the scene where Donald eats the sea-salt ice cream, while Goofy protests.
But it's not as though Goofy wanted to eat it himself, he was cautioning Donald that it might not be safe.

Not sure what the logic was with whoever wrote that line.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
It's a mistranslation. Or perhaps more accurately, a rewrite.
In the Japanese version of the game, Donald says「グーフィーご飯だぞ!」or, "Goofy, there's food!"
How baffling to change bribing Goofy with food to the apology. I'm always curious about the reasons for changes like this.

But...that scene comes AFTER Goofy's "death"!!
Donald saw into the future and is apologizing ahead of time, obviously.
EDIT: ninja'd XD

I wonder if the person who was translating didn't know the order of the two scenes.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'm hoping there is some sort of callback to that moment when Donald "dies" in the Keyblade Graveyard. Something like Goofy promising him a bunch of gold and jewels if he wakes up

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm hoping there is some sort of callback to that moment when Donald "dies" in the Keyblade Graveyard. Something like Goofy promising him a bunch of gold and jewels if he wakes up

"A-hyuck, I'm sorry about Daisy!"

Post-credit scene shows Goofy ****s Donald and he predicted the future.

EDIT: You can't say ****old? That's weird lol

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
That seems to be the intent.

The line SENA wrote seems to be referring to the scene where Donald eats the sea-salt ice cream, while Goofy protests.
But it's not as though Goofy wanted to eat it himself, he was cautioning Donald that it might not be safe.

Not sure what the logic was with whoever wrote that line.

But...that scene comes AFTER Goofy's "death"!!

Oh...I always thought this too lol.

I guess the real answer is KH2's dialogue wasn't really great as it is, and then the English version seemed to make it even worse lol. With numerous issues like this and Goofy wrongly gendering which Royal banished Pete.

wolfshadow0118

Oh...I always thought this too lol.

I guess the real answer is KH2's dialogue wasn't really great as it is, and then the English version seemed to make it even worse lol. With numerous issues like this and Goofy wrongly gendering which Royal banished Pete.

Actually goofy and Donald weren't at Disney Castle/town when it occurred. They could have found out about the banishment but thought Mickey did it though.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
"A-hyuck, I'm sorry about Daisy!"

Post-credit scene shows Goofy ****s Donald and he predicted the future.

EDIT: You can't say ****old? That's weird lol
Goofy did WHAT to Donald?!

Man, when censorship makes something worse, ya know? XD

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Worse? or Better? Lol I'm honestly surprised that it's blocked, I figured it was a normal terminology, never considered it a bad word.
giphy.gif

It surprised me too. Never considered it a bad word. Rude maybe, but not a top tier swear.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
giphy.gif

It surprised me too. Never considered it a bad word. Rude maybe, but not a top tier swear.

Kanna uses the word in Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid even lol I figured it was just the legitimate way of saying that someone has their girl stolen and sometimes right in front of them...

Great movie lol I was quoting Invader Zim also. "I put the fires out!" "You made them worse." "Worse...or better?"

085513c5a2374b428d7a65b6c4f7522c--invader-zim-nickelodeon.jpg

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Actually goofy and Donald weren't at Disney Castle/town when it occurred. They could have found out about the banishment but thought Mickey did it though.

I guess thats possible, but I doubt Minnie or Daisy wouldn't have filled them all in on something so important. They are literally the heads of protection for the Kingdom, right? Its something the series doesn't talk about much, but that's still true lol.

Back