• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tech ► I'm so upset. I lost my PS1 and PS2.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevie Goodwin

:mad:Man, I do not feel happy right now. My PS2 is dead and my PS1 is broken. My PS2 has stopped working from me trying to fix it to take it apart. My PS1 needs to be on its side in order to play games properly. Have this happened to you? Now how am i gonna play KH1 or KH2 now? I'm so upset without a PS2. I have a PS3, but it's a slim and it's not compatible with PS2 games. :(

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
buy the remixes on ps3 like the rest of the world, theyre cheaper and play much better. why were you trying to take apart your ps2 if it wasnt already broken?

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Okay. You should buy the remixes, but I can understand if you want to revisit the non-Final Mix versions. I'd suggest checking around to see if you can find someone to fix your systems, ya might be able to find someone with a quick google search. Just check for feedback, darn it. You don't want to send your babies to someone shady.

But for now, here's the best PS2 emulator there is. You might have to find a way to rip your disks, but I actually played the non final mix versions for the first time though that. If you need help getting it set up just ask. And I can find the disk ripper I like if you need it; last time I knew, its disk support wasn't so hot, that's the problem. DISCLAIMER~! You should only bother playing games on this emulator you already own. Even if you have to rip the disks or find a ISO. I know this is a grey area, but PS1/PS2 games are where I personally draw the line. Your Opinion May Vary though.

If you end up having problems with your PS1, ePSXe is the way to go. No disk ripping required here btw, its disk support rocks. Again, DISCLAIMER! Same thing applies as for PCSX2.

I hope you have a good gamer system, you kinda need at least a decent one to emulate, but it's a option you might not of thought of. Oh and find a decent dual shock 3 before you do or a clone; both can be used on a PC with the proper drivers. Especially if you want authentic and want it to feel like you're back on your system. ^^

Last edited:

Stevie Goodwin

What if Kingdom Hearts was on the PS1? Would it look different than the PS2 game we have? Also, How come KH cannot be played with a DUALSHOCK 1 controller and only DUALSHOCK 2? Also, I raged quitted and threw my PS2 ever since it wouldn't read.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
That stinks. but yeah. I"m just saying for authentic; you prolly could even use a Xbox controller (easier to use) if you have one lying around if you don't care about having a authentic experience. Any PC controller would work on those emulators, actually. I wouldn't recommend keyboarding it though, ugh. I think that..would suck.

And ugh, I typoed. I meant Dual Shock 3 on usb! Excuse me..post above edited to reflect that.

And I am not sure how KH1 would be on PS1. At least it'd be more than one disk, like the PS Final Fantasys. ^^

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I've never owned the PS1, but my PS2 has "died" similarly. I can randomly get it to work (banging on it, flipping it sideways, etc.), but not to play a game that would take 24+ hrs to complete like KH, much less games like FFXII. Thankfully most of these games have been moved to PS3-4. Some have only gotten digital releases which means they're not possible for me to purchase/play (like, say, Psychonauts), but others have (KH, FFX, FFXII, the Jak collection, the recent Crash collection--although I know that's not everything from that series).

But it really depends on the $$$ you can spend, so I don't blame you for being upset. But you'd have to get a PS4 to play KH3, too, so look at it that way.

Stevie Goodwin

So i guess this means it's over :crying

From the time being, I have decided to take a break and play Nintendo 64 instead and i'm gonnna miss KH1 and KH2 :(

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
People are always trying to sell PS2 and PS1s all the time... If you look on Facebook Market just look for PS2 and you will find some decent prices in your area... I flipped a few on ebay lol... But like others are saying the Remastered versions are just as good and are relatively cheap if you already own a PS4 or Ps3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back