• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► I'm Sick

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
So, I just contracted a sore throat last week. I am going to start out by saying that when it first started, I felt really, really horrible like I had knives stuck in my neck. I'll spare you the rest of the details about my visit to the emergency room. I am just glad I am not feeling that bad now.

Anyways, has anybody ever had a bad experience while being sick?

firaga101

Got this illness once when I was around 6 or 7 where I had to lay in bed around 1 and a 1/2 week. Couldn't move and body ached all over. Even moving my finger felt like lifting a boulder. So the only thing I could do without the pain was either sleep or watch TV. So as there's a limit to which you can sleep, I watched TV like crazy, which wouldnt have been that bad if cartoon network wasnt marathoning the old scooby doo series... Which I hated. Those were the longest weeks of my life, I swear... But I got to drink alot of juice which was nice..

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i had a "minor rupture" for my spleen (doctors bs'ing me left and right) 2 years back and i kept getting sick, as a kid i'd get whooping cough every winter, one time i randomly had bad stomach pains where i kept throwing up uncontrollably and i had diarrhea in that damaged spleen period. and when i get sick i can't even eat or drink for the first day my throat gets so sore.

Sdog

Awards
I've always had a weak stomach, especially as a kid. but one time when I was about 8 or 9 i ate something that gave me a bad bad case of poisoning while away one a school trip. I'll save the heavy details and just say I was rotating on the porcelain throne for hours, both ends, till someone came to take me home. Stayed home for about a week or two afterwards cause my body just couldn't function.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I've always had a weak stomach, especially as a kid. but one time when I was about 8 or 9 i ate something that gave me a bad bad case of poisoning while away one a school trip. I'll save the heavy details and just say I was rotating on the porcelain throne for hours, both ends, till someone came to take me home. Stayed home for about a week or two afterwards cause my body just couldn't function.

I once had an incident at school. I don't know why, but I was feeling quite nauseous. I ended up throwing up in the school's cafeteria and I think I went home after that. I think I was like nine or ten when that happened.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
After graduating from High School. Some where near September I developed a cold so strange and so strong. I felt like a volcanic of mucous. It started on a Friday afternoon, I had this strong fever. And that's where it began. The cold was just so strong for me to handle. I lasted two weeks with it. Afterwards when I was done having it. The following day, I had an infection within my jaw and I was due to have my wisdom teeth removed.

Then the swine flu propaganda started. Coincidence?

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
After graduating from High School. Some where near September I developed a cold so strange and so strong. I felt like a volcanic of mucous. It started on a Friday afternoon, I had this strong fever. And that's where it began. The cold was just so strong for me to handle. I lasted two weeks with it. Afterwards when I was done having it. The following day, I had an infection within my jaw and I was due to have my wisdom teeth removed.

Then the swine flu propaganda started. Coincidence?

Yeah, I once had some people harass me, because they thought I had 'Swine Flu.' There was also the MRSA scare that happened with that high student in a town near where I used to live called Bedford, Virginia.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I went to an anime convention and was sick for a month. Literally weeks of exhaustion, fevers, sore throat (like strep throat levels of pain), and a lot of hell. Ever since then I've avoided being in large crowds without taking Vitamin C pills before & during and having a bag full of emergency medicine.

It was really bad because I ached everywhere and I thought I was dying. My throat felt and tasted like death. Literally felt like I was rotting inside. Even so, my throat has never been the same after that.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I went to an anime convention and was sick for a month. Literally weeks of exhaustion, fevers, sore throat (like strep throat levels of pain), and a lot of hell. Ever since then I've avoided being in large crowds without taking Vitamin C pills before & during and having a bag full of emergency medicine.

It was really bad because I ached everywhere and I thought I was dying. My throat felt and tasted like death. Literally felt like I was rotting inside. Even so, my throat has never been the same after that.

That's good that you got better. Too many people can be a bad thing, especially with that feeling of claustrophobia and the fact that you don't know who is sick and who isn't. Disease can spread pretty rampant in those types of scenarios. That's a smart idea about carrying medicine around, you don't know when you'll need it.

Yeah, strep throat isn't really fun. Did your throat feel like it had knives stuck in it? I talked with a doctor, because my primary doctor was out, she said to try honey to quell that painful feeling. I just felt really light-headed a couple of moments ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back