• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I'm making a keyblade and I got a question

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm not sure where to post this, so sorry if i'm at the wrong section.
But anyway, i'm going to make the keyblade Oblivion and i can't find it's size anywhere. So does anyone knows the size of it?

Xelon99

Awards
You'd pretty much have to do it on feeling...
However, you can guess it quite well with some help.

I suggest using Terra or Aqua, as they are about regular adult height.
http://kh13.com/forum/uploads/profile/photo-36608.png?_r=0
http://media.animevice.com/uploads/1/13437/732524-kh_render__101_.png

In the pictures you can see that the hilt is a little bigger than one hand and the blade around the same size as the entire arm.

http://i.imgur.com/GHTq8.png

Do note that the Earthshaker and Oblivion are different sizes, but if you'll use it for cosplay or such it might be better to have it on scale with yourself.

BluberryStar

Awards
Thx, but i think Oblivion is a bit longer then then the Kingodm Key. And i tought they never told how big it was in that vid...
The vid says that it's 36 inches long JR. Listen from 0:40. I think that's too long for some people. Or look at a picture of Roxas holding the Oblivion Keyblade. There you can calculate the length of the keyblade over the length of his body. But if it's too much I think adjusting to your own body height is ideal, since it will be easier for you to swing a sword. Good luck in constructing your first keyblade JR :) I want to see the chain works on the keyblade's body.

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
The vid says that it's 36 inches long JR. Listen from 0:40. I think that's too long for some people. Or look at a picture of Roxas holding the Oblivion Keyblade. There you can calculate the length of the keyblade over the length of his body. But if it's too much I think adjusting to your own body height is ideal, since it will be easier for you to swing a sword. Good luck in constructing your first keyblade JR :) I want to see the chain works on the keyblade's body.
Yeah i found a thread here that told me that Sora in KH2 is like 5 feet. http://forums.khinsider.com/kingdom-hearts-ii/80919-soras-official-height-8.html So Roxas is the same height as Sora, with that i can calculate the actuall size of Oblivion. My teacher didn't allow me to make it longer then 1 meter tought (
3.2808 feet)
... And i don't think i will use it to kill someone (wish i could tought).

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
So uhh i calculated that Oblivion is like 82 centimeter (like 32 inch). You guys think that's big enough for a keyblade? (sorry for double posting but otherwise you guys wouldn't see this...)

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
So uhh i calculated that Oblivion is like 82 centimeter (like 32 inch). You guys think that's big enough for a keyblade? (sorry for double posting but otherwise you guys wouldn't see this...)

Considering that it is nearly three feet long, I'd say that its big enough. It's more realistic than, say, a five foot broadsword for instance.

BluberryStar

Awards
I agree, I think that length is enough to make a suitable keyblade. It's like holding an umbrella, and the length is almost the same too. Just make one already! XD

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
Considering that it is nearly three feet long, I'd say that its big enough. It's more realistic than, say, a five foot broadsword for instance.
Ok thank you :) I'm not good in estimate lengths and stuff. So thx.
I agree, I think that length is enough to make a suitable keyblade. It's like holding an umbrella, and the length is almost the same too. Just make one already! XD
Didn't know umbrella's were that short.. (then again, you can fight with one in 358/2) Yeah im starting tomorrow with drawing it on the right length. Will take like 3 weeks before i can go and actually make it. Thx for the advise :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back