• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I'm keeping you with me

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

saratp

Bronze Member
Awards
dontfroget.png

I'm not to sure about this one, haven't been in PS in a while.. :/
CnC?

saratp

Bronze Member
Awards
Is there anything you think I could of added to make it better?
after the smudging I kinda got stuck and couldn't think of anything.

saratp

Bronze Member
Awards
I would add some vectors flowing around( that blend in with the color scheme) her and add some text some were. Then give it a tad bit of lighting.
Alrighty then, next time will hopefully be better.

Anymore?

Salty the Hero

self loafer
Awards
There's not a lot going on in the tag. Try to give it some feeling next time, because now it looks boring.

C

Charlie

^Yea, she knows that.
In that sense, this definitely feels as if you need an extra effect to help emphasize your smudging.
Like, if you got pictures of clouds or wave-curls, blended them into that pink there, and started to smudge them around a bit to help give the tag a more elaborate look. Vectors also wouldn't really help something like this with what you've already got.

If you ever make a tag where you end up being 'stuck' like this in one element, its best to do as much as you can to help focus on that alone, rather than cluttering it with extra things to take up space. If you have to go as far as getting some stock photography to help manipulate the scenery a bit, then that's what you'll need. In that sense, you'll also need to make great use of your Dodge/Burn/Sponge tools as well. Burning and setting certain aspects of your effects to lighten in different areas creates the illusion that its more '3D' or has a 'touchable texture' to it.

Also, with smudging, something else is crucial; Make sure that whenever you smudge, try to work the smudging in with your stock. In your case, all you have to do is use the eye drop tool to pin point what the color schemes are on her dress, then lightly brush over where it connects with the smudging. This helps the tag's sense of unity and flow because its all a part of one thing.

For what you've done, its a nice start, and I understand how you got stuck.
All you have to do is keep pushing to put more emphasis with whats there.

=]

saratp

Bronze Member
Awards
^Yea, she knows that.
In that sense, this definitely feels as if you need an extra effect to help emphasize your smudging.
Like, if you got pictures of clouds or wave-curls, blended them into that pink there, and started to smudge them around a bit to help give the tag a more elaborate look. Vectors also wouldn't really help something like this with what you've already got.

If you ever make a tag where you end up being 'stuck' like this in one element, its best to do as much as you can to help focus on that alone, rather than cluttering it with extra things to take up space. If you have to go as far as getting some stock photography to help manipulate the scenery a bit, then that's what you'll need. In that sense, you'll also need to make great use of your Dodge/Burn/Sponge tools as well. Burning and setting certain aspects of your effects to lighten in different areas creates the illusion that its more '3D' or has a 'touchable texture' to it.

Also, with smudging, something else is crucial; Make sure that whenever you smudge, try to work the smudging in with your stock. In your case, all you have to do is use the eye drop tool to pin point what the color schemes are on her dress, then lightly brush over where it connects with the smudging. This helps the tag's sense of unity and flow because its all a part of one thing.

For what you've done, its a nice start, and I understand how you got stuck.
All you have to do is keep pushing to put more emphasis with whats there.

=]
Wow thanks for all the info. I'll try to make the next one better.

One question though, a couple of you have said I should add some vectors.
I've googled it once or twice but haven't really been able to find anything.
Can you recommended any sites?

C

Charlie

Try putting in 'Vector Brushes' on deviant art, and see what comes up.
Vector brushes are really just a combination of commercial, pop-art looking things that can enhance your stuff.

Just make sure that you don't overload on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back