• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I'm alone upset after the video dunkview?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
The post above me made me realize something.

At this point, having your own opinion on something mean absolutely nothing. If a big Youtube guy hates it, then anyone who watches it, even if they have no real knowledge of what they're talking about, will hate it too, because big yootoob guy hates it.

I think it has more to do with living in a time where people hype and bandwagon into subjects and me Marketing Slave, and not actually getting out of the issue in a bit and thinking for yourself.

keybladeblue6

videogamedunkey's videos are mostly for entertainment purposes so it really shouldn't be taken too seriously

GrumpyRoxy

At this point, having your own opinion on something mean absolutely nothing. If a big Youtube guy hates it, then anyone who watches it, even if they have no real knowledge of what they're talking about, will hate it too, because big yootoob guy hates it.

If you go to Skyward Wing's twitter you'll see that his opinion has intoxicated most of his fanbase. It's kinda sad to see that absolutely no one on that twitter uses 5% of their brain cells to like or dislike something with their own opinion.

On-Topic: I've never liked Dunkey. Always thought he was deeply boring forcing himself to be "the funny guy that hates jrpgs". This review definitely doesn't change the way I view him.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
In other words you like the review because it gives awareness to the bad story/and or you feel as passionately angry/disgusted at the game as he does?
Yeah, pretty much. I'm just tired of the narrative every glowing review leans into that, "Longtime fans will be rewarded." Like, no. I played every side game and liked or loved them (up until DDD killed the magic) and this game trashes all of that, from top to bottom. It's nice to know that the honeymoon period is over and more critical takes are getting published.

I think it has more to do with living in a time where people hype and bandwagon into subjects and me Marketing Slave, and not actually getting out of the issue in a bit and thinking for yourself.
Exactly, if people are upset that a bad review could shift the determination of a consumer who's on the fence about making the purchase, they can thank the entire marketing industry for how it conditions people to think as consumers.

LostArtist

Awards
On-Topic: I've never liked Dunkey. Always thought he was deeply boring forcing himself to be "the funny guy that hates jrpgs". This review definitely doesn't change the way I view him.

Yea, this being 'entertainment' or something that's supposed to be funny really doesn't change the substance of the video or my opinion of it. It's still being completely negative about kh3, and I still dislike and don't relate to it overall.

Yeah, pretty much. I played every side game and liked or loved them (up until DDD killed the magic) and this game trashes all of that, from top to bottom.
ok good to confirm. This series clearly isn't giving you anything anymore, I think it would be best expecting the absolute least from it going forward so you don't get so heartbroken.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Exactly, if people are upset that a bad review could shift the determination of a consumer who's on the fence about making the purchase, they can thank the entire marketing industry for how it conditions people to think as consumers.
Right. People are more inclined to research a product before buying it via reviews. It's why everyone and their mother does review videos. Hell, even unboxings are a sort of review.

jahob000

Well, I think he's right about a lot of things. Fans of the Kingdom Hearts series is more like a niche kind of thing. He's probably comparing Kingdom Hearts to his experience with other games. I'm not a gamer so I don't have a lot of games to compare Kingdom Hearts to but I've always felt Kingdom Hearts was an average kind of game and the only reason why it got so big was because the niche crowd just happened to be unusually larger than normal.

Don't take it personally.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Well, I think he's right about a lot of things. Fans of the Kingdom Hearts series is more like a niche kind of thing. He's probably comparing Kingdom Hearts to his experience with other games. I'm not a gamer so I don't have a lot of games to compare Kingdom Hearts to but I've always felt Kingdom Hearts was an average kind of game and the only reason why it got so big was because the niche crowd just happened to be unusually larger than normal.

Don't take it personally.

Five million copies sold isn't a niche market.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Why does it matter what other people think of the game? It's not as though it's under any threat of selling poorly! Isn't whether or not you like it all that matters?

Exactly. Kingdom Hearts is clearly "the CW show" of JRPG's, you either roll with the wackiness or get repulsed by it. This is a series written by video game developers and not television or movie screenplay writers, so there's clearly going to be some questionable decisions made with such a storytelling driven narrative. Add to the fact that it gets made in Japanese before being dubbed.

As I mentioned ages ago, if you find Kingdom Hearts III to be fun then it's done the fundamental job that it was supposed to do.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
dunkey's review wasn't wrong, but things he finds to be negative, I find to be positive. KH's stupidity has really become a point of great enjoyment for me. I'm not really grieving the loss of KH1's simplicity anymore. At this point, go as far off the rails as possible (save for getting rid of Donald and Goofy). If it's going to be convoluted, the least it can do is be so convoluted that it's entertaining, which DDD and KH3 achieve.

Pokie

That's what frustrates me here too. Too many people just create their opinions because big Youtuber Guy hates it, and I think they know this. If they personally hate a video game, then, they have that power to make others hate it too.

I used to be a fan of Dunky, but after his downright lying during his Octopath Review, I unsubbed.

drew0512

Awards
Nah, I don't even know who this guy is supposed to be and why his opinion should be more relevant than others. If someone decides to dislike/hate a game just because another guy dislikes/hates it, then it's their loss. And I'm not talking about KH3.

Neo_

Awards
Believe it or not, but people are not actually robots; I don't think his opinion swayed anyone. He's just an entertainer.

Your friend might tell you dunkey's video made them not buy the game, but they were never actually going to buy the game anyway. d o n t b e l i e v e e v e r y t h i n g y o u h e a r

Ashton69

Awards
VideoGameDonkey is an absolute fucker man. All of his shit talking ruined KH3's perception across everyone. None of my friends will talk about it anymore and actively make fun of me and my KH2 Roxas shirt. God. Damn. Him.

Back