• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I'm about to finish KH and...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Laleeta

Hello everyone!
I had some time off during this long week end and I picked up KH once again hoping to finish it at last.

25 hours later I'm almost done and I'm receiving KH2 tomorrow :toungesmile: !
Anyway, my question is: I’m not planning on buying Chain of Memories, will this refrain me from understanding the plot in KH2?

If Chain of Memories is indeed needed to understand KH2 can one of you quickly highlight the most important points please?

Thanks in advance!
*runs back to her PS2*

True_Darkness

I enjoyed Chain of Memories. If you can get it used then by all means do so since it will be cheaper that way. But it isn't manditory to have played through it. It IS useful to know what happened though.

Omni Terra

Awards
It isn't needed but personally I would definitely consider trying to track down a copy of CoM if you can.

ngc50

Awards
Well you can go to google and type "Chain of Memories script," or like Arcana said you can just watch the scenes on youtube.

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
I played CoM after KHII.

It's much less confusing this way.

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
I did the exact same thing that you did Laleeta, only I went on Wikipedia and read the whole plotline of Chain of Memories first. Technically you don't have to know the details, but if you want to understand who Namine, DiZ, and Axel are, and why Sora, Donald, and Goofy are asleep at the start of KH2, it's good to know what happened. Here is the link to the Wikipedia article, and you can also watch video clips on YouTube or KH-Vids of Re:COM. Just make sure you click on the ones with English subtitles.

I would write out a summary for you, but I tend to give blow-by-blow accounts that go on for pages and pages.

Many people have stated, if you haven't played Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, it won't affect your ability to understand the story of Kingdom Hearts: II. However, if you want to dive right into the midst of it all, and get heavily involved within this beautiful story, then by all means purchase it! In my opinion, it adds to the excitement, that is Kingdom Hearts.

Laleeta

Well first of thank you for the quick replies :thumbsup:

To sum things up a bit playing CoM isn't necessary in order to play KH2 but it helps a bit here and there. Believe me if I could I would play it but buying a Game Boy Advance just for one game is a bit too much for my already strained budget :toungesmile:

Well then I'm gonna have to read the wikipedia page (thanks by the way ^^) and find some videos on you tube maybe.

If there are some details about CoM that you think I must know before playing KH2, please feel free to share them !

Anyway back to my PS2, thanks again everyone

Pika Popper

Well the thing you should remember is that half of the Organization members have been killed by Sora.
One was killed by Axel.

And Sora went to sleep at the end of the game.

Hyrenking

It seems like everyone and their grandmother has a GBA, I borrowed one from my friend and bought a used copy of the game from some gamestop somewhere... I wonder if you could find a Rom... Nah...

Pika Popper

You can actually use roms.

All you have to do is get a R4 for the DS then copy the rom into the R4.

After that you can play it.

I learned that on this one site. I don't have an R4 though. I wish.

Macabre

Gold Member
Well the thing you should remember is that half of the Organization members have been killed by Sora.
One was killed by Axel.

And Sora went to sleep at the end of the game.
No spoilers please.

Believe me if I could I would play it but buying a Game Boy Advance just for one game is a bit too much for my already strained budget

Well then I'm gonna have to read the wikipedia page (thanks by the way ^^) and find some videos on you tube maybe.
That's what I do,read wikipedia and watch some vids on youtube,also,you can go to kh wiki,it has more detailed and interesting info.

Akans

「moriya」
If your really depserate, you could go download visualboy advance (just Google it, its everywhere) and then download the rom for it.... but its illegal if you haven't already bought the game game.

And actually, CoM is actually pretty important in my opinion. It links what happened at the end of KH1 to KH2.... and yeah you then know who Axel is XD

sifero

Chain of Memories isn't that important but, you should buy it to figure out some of info like: Where's Sora?, Where's Riku?, Is Ansem's still alive?, Where did the king that coat?, Or who is Namine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back