• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I'm a beginnier Guitarist.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
First, don't get a major pimped up ass guitar for your first one. Get something cheap, but sounds good. Get an amp as well. You could get a book for learning notes and stuff, or get lessons. I did both, which is extremely helpful.

bond of flames

you've got a soul, use it.
Website
www.facebook.com
i would say try to get a guitar 200-250 if you can.

i got my guitar for 150 but one string keeps hitting the fret board.got it fixed once but its messin up again.i need to get it fixed lol.

Chris

I share this account w/ my mom lmao
Awards
The first day I got a guitar, I played it for like 8 hours. I lost interest for a while, but I got inspiration and I love it again.

My biggest tip... get lessons. There are shit bands on TV that play 2 catchy coords and are recognized over great bands that aren't noticed at all. Learn music theory. Learn scales. Compose GOOD music. Don't immediately want to be a star and end up becoming a cheap sellout if that is where you want to go.

Get a beginner guitar, like a slammer. After a year or two, upgrade. I have a Hagstrom atm, I love it.
And mostly, have FUN.

TheLastKnight

You Swear To Listen
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
I play guitar, and also a song writer, I wonder what it would be like if Vic Firth made guitars instead of Percussion stuff

Vic Firth is great, I suggest getting any percussion equipment if you get a band, from them

Demi_Shock

I agree with Frozen Fate.

I am taking Guitar Lessons in the fall, so I bought a cheap one off ebay for $100

It came with a small amp, cords, extra string, stand and a case.

If you go on ebay, look for thefrettshop

Massive Attack

Dial 'M' for 'Motherfucker'
Awards
Buy one of those not-too-expensive packs, which contain the guitar, amplifier, books, video etc, just to start off. After a while buy a good guitar/amplifier to suit your liking.

mesmerized

I bought an cheap guitar for like 149 at guitar center. It worked ok.. just make sure all the frets sound good. I didnt and ended up having a bad 1st fret. <_<

bond of flames

you've got a soul, use it.
Website
www.facebook.com
yeah.
i got mine from guitar center.
an epiphone SG for 150.but they had this deal where there were no interest or payments for a year.with the the added stuff i got(gig bag, picks, strap)it was 210.
i couldve gotten a better one but my mom put a restriction on it.made me mad lol.

but yeah, mine messed up once with the string hittin the fret.i feel like its gonna happen again soon.
but either way, try to go for a 200-250 guitar.
my friend bought this explorer for 200 he said and its pretty amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back