• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

IGN's Review of the Game

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Has anyone seen any reactions from Japanese fans so far?

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Actually, how are Japanese fans with KH? I always got the impression they are less critical and are complacent with it for some reason.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I've (only) heard that the game is the easiest one yet in the franchise... dear lord, I thought they'd never make something easier than CoM and KH2... (though KH2 is still my favourite)

Let's just hope it isn't TOO repetitive seeing all those QTE's and mini cutscenes mid-fights...

Keep in mind there's this thing called "paid reviews". Also, fans of some franchises often had a considerably different views than the "professional" reviewers.

Polygon's reviewer hasn't played any of the portable games and has said in a previous episode of the Polygon Show that "All those games are bad, second of all this is the only one that legitimately progresses the story." So her criticisms of the story don't hold much water since she seems to have stubbornly refused to touch anything other than KH1 and 2, but her criticisms of other elements are certainly worth consideration.

In any case, I'd rather this thread be free of accusations towards people's journalistic integrity.

Last edited:

SoulXaldin

Awards
Lol I’m such a cynic. I thought the reviews were gonna be mixed at best haha. If I were you guys, I’d make a thread about the Metacritc Score instead. That way, you have a more appropriate way of gauging the general critic consensus (and user scores).

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Don't forget God of War 3 got a perfect 10.

I'm glad KH3 got a reasonably high score, and the Polygon score was low because the reviewer had not played any of the games besides 1 and 2. I daresay the plot was instantly unintelligible to him because of that.

Which is interesting considering Nomura just gave an interview saying KH3 was made in mind for people who haven't played any KH game. Even the people who played KH1 and 2 are lost, lol.

Death

Your #1 Bruh
At the end of the day the only review that truly matters is our own. All reviewers can hate the game but we can still love it. We shouldn't let one person's opinion rule out own because we all are different people.

It is interesting to see what others think either if it's from a fan or from an outsider trying the game out with this installment.

Awards
Polygon's reviewer hasn't played any of the portable games and has said in a previous episode of the Polygon Show that "All those games are bad, second of all this is the only one that legitimately progresses the story." So her criticisms of the story don't hold much water since she seems to have stubbornly refused to touch anything other than KH1 and 2, but her criticisms of other elements are certainly worth consideration.

In any case, I'd rather this thread be free of accusations towards people's journalistic integrity.

What I dont understand is why they’d have someone who clearly despises the series to review the game. Not saying it should’ve been a fan, but someone with more neutral feelings towards it.

Awards

Wait, based on that comment, she actually thought KH3 would start right where 2 ended?

saintfighteraqua

Awards
Too many gaming sites make the mistake of letting people who are notoriously bad at a genre or hate a franchise review it. Her review does nothing to bring me down. For once, IGN seems pretty fair and balanced. I'm sure I'll personally view it as more than a high 8, but I am not surprised at what they gave it and didn't feel like they trashed it at all.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
What I dont understand is why they’d have someone who clearly despises the series to review the game. Not saying it should’ve been a fan, but someone with more neutral feelings towards it.

I'm not familiar with Polygon but even then, she may have had the most experience with the series. Or maybe everyone else really didn't want to play it. It's pretty well known that no one there is particularly interested in KH.

mriku90

Awards
I'm not familiar with Polygon but even then, she may have had the most experience with the series. Or maybe everyone else really didn't want to play it. It's pretty well known that no one there is particularly interested in KH.

Kinds Funny Games on todays video threw some subtle shade on them and Allegra and said not to take that review for KH3 seriously.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Kinds Funny Games on todays video threw some subtle shade on them and Allegra and said not to take that review for KH3 seriously.

Yeah, I think it says a lot for them to say that, even playfully, considering how this review stands out as much as it does and for the reasons it does.

On the topic of Kinda Funny, it's pretty shitty that SE hasn't given them a review code considering their history of working together.

mriku90

Awards
Yeah, I think it says a lot for them to say that, even playfully, considering how this review stands out as much as it does and for the reasons it does.

On the topic of Kinda Funny, it's pretty shitty that SE hasn't given them a review code considering their history of working together.

The woman only played one and two. It's her fault for ignoring the millions of times she's been told to play the other games. Now she looks stupid and Polygons rep is taking a hit as being the only negative review so far.

Back