• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ign...why!!!!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

martin8me

I can't beleive Im saying this but I think I'm starting to like Gamespot more than Ign

S

Shmylann13

The responses you guys are giving to the review would be much more effective if you clicked the button at the bottom of the review to send the editor feedback. I already have and you better believe I gave him a mouthful.

KeyChain

It's funny how people like reviews that give KH2 all praise and no criticism...but whatever, I still love KH2 and I'm getting it tomorrow no matter what reviews say.

Chihiro

☆ birth by sleep;
darkriku101 said:
I dont get it, if u add up the totals he gave for the 5 categories and divide by five u get 8.3 as an average not 7.6, watch 9.0 + 9.0 + 8.5 + 7.5 + 7.5 = 41.5/5 = 8.3. Am I missing anything?

Darkriku101 I got the same thing...unless there's something else playing into this, then I guess we can assume that he just sucks at math >_>

Anyway, the review really surprised me...he's thinking WAY too much about the button smashing that he's not thinking about the game as a whole. If it's anything that disappointed him, it's the button smashing...at least, that's what it seems like to me. It is his opinion, but I have to say that he's WAY too picky.
---
7.5 Gameplay
Combat is literally reduced to button mashing, and the newly included abilities aren't even necessary for the game. This is a big step back from the action/RPG mix of the original.
7.5 Lasting Appeal
The story is definitely a great one, but the lack of difficulty and the hack and slash will probably keep everyone except the hardcore from returning to this adventure.
---
Seriously though, in BOTH of those comments he complains about the freakin button smashing o_O

King Sora

ive always like gamespot better than ign..and this is another reason to add to my list. a freaking 7.6?!..from all the reviews i've seen kh2 is not going to be as good as it seems, but i know i'm gonna love it.

Ive noticed that all the reviews kept on saying that you rely on button smashing. I think they just don't get that isthe nature of the game. It seems like everyone is a little biased against kh2 and i'm pissed about it. errr

Deinstar

Gunblade Master
i think i know why they say it was easy it was because it was on the easiest mode that's probably it!

martin8me

The whole point if me getting KHII was for the gameplay:mad:

Oh well I'm still getting KHII no matter if the reveiws praise it or not:D

med nin Sakura

It matters not what others say, I know what I want and what I like. I know I'll enjoy Kingdom Hearts II just as much as I did Resident Evil 4. Which is alot. I'm not outraged by reviews and such because in my opinon what they think can s-- *censored due to vulgarity by me* you know what I'm saying?

KeyChain

You people in this topic are driving me crazy..."Oh no it won't be game of the year", "the overall ranking will go down...", "IGN sucks"....People it's one review, and to say to like a site more because of it's review for KH2 is ridiculous. Who cares? Just enjoy playing the game (or getting it tomorrow)...O yeah, by the way the averaged out score is wrong on IGN.

KeyChain

Madness said:
It's not an average score, it's an overall score. That's the score the guy gave the game as a whole, not the average of the other things.
That's what I meant, actually the overall score might be right..gah I suck at math.

Forman

Website
www.FormanBand.com
I think people (like me) see anything negative about something so important to them and they freak out. It's only natural. We've become Kingdom Hearts nationalists and they game is meant for us. Maybe it's not meant for everyone and for everyone, IGN thinks it deserves a 7.6. They should do 2 reviews, one for normal gamers and one for super KH Freaks like us, which, of course, they'd give it a 9.9. Anyway, I don't care if it's a little on the easy side, the first game was a little on the easy side. As long as the story is good and it's addicting, that's all that matters.

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH
People. Why are you trusting the word of a Rockstar lapdog!? Do you think an M rated game lover would want an E rated game to exceed a cliched game filled with mindless garbage like Marc Ecko's GTA mimic. Go buy this game anyway.

med nin Sakura

Agreed with forman, I play a game for story and unless the controls are like increadibly wonky I love it. I mean to me Xenosaga is a prime example of this. It got mixed reviews for the second game because of the newer battle system and the story line. Now being someone who beat both I didn't care that they marked it with bad reviews of the battle system, I loved the overall plot/character build up and makes me anxious for the third to come out. I relate this by saying they can blow all the negative hot air they like about Kingdom Hearts II, I really don't care. I'll enjoy it no matter what. They can end up saying it overall sucked, as long as I loved it I can proudley say their scoring system blows :D

BraveryOfAChild

>>; Makes me want to hack IGN, or just crash the site, BUT! That's just THEIR opinion..-Nod nod.- I got teh game, my little bro is palying it right now. I just have awoken Sora from his deep slumber.<<;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back