• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

IGN preview of Kingdom Hearts 1.5

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Not sure if I actually want to watch or not because IGN is well...IGN. They're normally not very promising.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
"yeah this is kingdom hearts in HD. it looks nice. yeah. did i mention this is kingdom hearts in hd? -silence for a solid 30 seconds- yeah kingdom hearts"

pretty much this video

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Was it just me who thought the gameplay was rather... mediocre? As if this was his first time playing.

WaveK89

Well, he did seem to somewhat know what to with the mushrooms, of course, it isn't entirely difficult to figure out some of them. As for the video, it kind of seems a bit unnecessary, or perhaps, too long? It really just felt like a video I would have randomly found on YouTube. Still, anything to make people aware of the game isn't a bad thing.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Reminiscent of the Game Informer preview, though less inaccurate/opinionated? I understand they have a set of rules to follow and can't really show us the meat and potatoes, the more flashy stuff. I still really like seeing these things surfacing.

Square2

Awards
From what he said, I assume that he only played the original KH. It is a little disappointing how inept he is, but I'm sure Kingdom Hearts isn't his mainstay and he probably hasn't played it in a while. That coupled with new controls could be a little difficult. I just thought it'd be nice to see a new gameplay video.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Was it just me who thought the gameplay was rather... mediocre? As if this was his first time playing.

At the point where he was, I don't feel like he could have done too much. I mean, he only had Fire and a few abilities you can tell. My problem stems from the fact that he went from the Campsite to the Bamboo Thicket OVER AND OVER. I wished he would have actually explored Deep Jungle...it is comprised of more than 2 rooms xD

Square2

Awards
I guess he was trying to avoid showing cutscenes or something, but you're right, he could've shown a little more. Then again, it was just a peek into what the HD actually looks like.

Santiago

"yeah this is kingdom hearts in HD. it looks nice. yeah. did i mention this is kingdom hearts in hd? -silence for a solid 30 seconds- yeah kingdom hearts"
When he wasn't saying that, he was saying:

"We would show you (insert feature here), but unfortunately we aren't allowed to."

He really should have gone on a longer path instead of just going back and forth between three sections.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
When he wasn't saying that, he was saying:

"We would show you (insert feature here), but unfortunately we aren't allowed to."
And with that, everyone wondered "why bother making the video at all?"

Still, it was a nice video. Thanks Square2!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I watched this last night. Gave up when he started explaining Kingdom Hearts because I had better things to do rofl (I actually was playing Re:CoM HD at the time)

axel95

Awards
I turned the volume off about a minute and a half in just so I could enjoy the graphics I only watched about three minutes of the video because it was rinse and repeat. *insert IGN hate here*

Weeaboo

Kawaii Queen
Awards
Website
www.subeta.net
I don't see why he didn't just finish a world or go back to a world he had already finished and show off things there, instead of going between three areas. It became boring pretty fast.

Though I agree with him, it didn't seem like they tried to update the backgrounds at all and just the models. Not the HD remix I was hoping for, to be honest.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
IThough I agree with him, it didn't seem like they tried to update the backgrounds at all and just the models. Not the HD remix I was hoping for, to be honest.

Except the game was practically rebuilt from the ground up on fragmented data since the original data was lost so most of the backgrounds and textures were completely remade.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
Except the game was practically rebuilt from the ground up on fragmented data since the original data was lost so most of the backgrounds and textures were completely remade.

Unless otherwise stated in an interview or something the background is still the same. Either that or they went into their stock photo collection to re find this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back