• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

IGN Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance Review

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
So you want like strictly gameplay impressions? Since everything else would be reaching into spoiler territory :p This game is pretty perfect gameplay wise imo. They have fixed every issue I have ever had with the battle system and more.

Well, there is another thread that was just put up about a UK magazine's review of the game and they said the only problem they didn't like was the Drop system mechanic. However, the whole review isn't up, so would you say that the Drop system is perfect as well and should be used in every KH game from now on?

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
It's kind of weird, but I'm getting slightly excited about tomorrow. It's not really for the review itself, but more for whatever footage they'll show in the review.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
It's kind of weird, but I'm getting slightly excited about tomorrow. It's not really for the review itself, but more for whatever footage they'll show in the review.

I'm scared for tomorrow. Reviews play a large part in a game's later success, so I'm really hoping IGN scores this fairly and doesn't nitpick things because its KH and they already don't understand the story out of their stupidity. Nevermind that last word, I'd rather not start an IGN bash-fest...

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
The people who review Kingdom Hearts games at IGN generally understand the story, they just (and understandably so) find the story to be a bit convoluted. But all KH games have gotten fair scores from IGN, so I wouldn't be too worried guys, really.

Anyways, excited about tomorrow, this will be our first real review, and with video footage!

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
They gave KH2 a 7.5. I kinda think they were correct. KH2FM would be an 8.5 or a 9 to me.

So I do think they judge the series fairly unlike some other reviewers. CoughEGMCough.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
^^I always use that as evidence to back up they review KH pretty fairly, and people get bent out of shape about it. I was among those fans who was upset at the score when it came out, but then I played the game. Loved it since it's Kingdom Hearts, but it was definitely a few steps in the wrong direction in just about everything but the core fighting system.

Ironically though, KH2 has the best camera control in the series, and that's probably the most consistent problem in KH XD

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
Only one review matters to me. And that is my own review.

bawsc.png

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Seems fair. They liked it but also gave it som constructive criticism. Pretty good review.

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
8.5 and and Editor's Choice. Sa-weet!

[video=youtube;Y2r1ymTW8RI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2r1ymTW8RI&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Last edited:

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
This review was actually better than I thought it was going to be. I wish we could have heard more voices, but it was kind of funny to know that Judge Frollo would be calling Sora a "gipsey witch"

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Sure touches upon a fair criticism of the KH series in general, but the explanation of the whole plot could be better for the general audience. Maybe it's much easier for us, since we follow each game closely but it can quite convoluted at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back