• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► IGN Japan: 11 new pieces of information about KINGDOM HEARTS 3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
Woah, Woah, Woah, the info on "Giantland" is WAY off.

First off, there are no known movies with this title (or Mickey's Giant Conquest) releases indo 1993.

The first thing that comes to mind are the 1930's shorts "Giantland" and "Ye Olde Days", both with presence of a giant for Mickey to fight.

However, it was also stated that this was based on Jack and the Beanstalk, which leads to the film that I think is the most likely to have based this world on: "Fun and Fancy Free", which is split into two shorts, the second one being Mickey and the Beanstalk. Aside from it being the last time Walt Disney voiced Mickey, it is by far the most famous appearence of giants in a Mickey cartoon, featuring the lovable and naive Willy the Giant.

My apologies, dyslexic me saw 1993, the article actually says 1933 which is in line with the release year of “Giantland”. In Japanese it has a different title, 「ミッキーの巨人征服」which I translate directly into English as “Mickey’s Giant Conquest” for the sake of distinguishing a difference between the Japanese and English titles.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
It's possible. They already implemented a miniature version of this during the Timeless River boss fight with Pete in KH2, so I wouldn't put it pass them. My question is how would it be done? Would they just have you fight a single person across multiple areas like with Pete? Would they have you fight that person across multiple areas as different people? (Fighting as Riku in Hollow Bastion, Roxas in TT, Ventus in Castle Oblivion, etc.) They could also have us fight a series of boss battle with different people. and finish it with us having the whole gang take on Xehanort as a massive team all at once. There are many possibilities here.

It could be both, actually. There's no guarantee that we'll be getting back to the 100 Acre Wood in KH3, so this world could be a replacement for that. After all, if there's anything we do know, All "numbered" titles (and even some "non-numbered" ones) have to have at least one minigame-centric world.

What I wanna know is how will the Gummi ship related elements feel. Based on the description in the topic, it looks like they may be getting the Star Fox treatment. Not sure hot to handle that. =/ I was a huge fan of the setup from KH2, but it looks like they are leaving that behind. I'm also curious as how the rare heartless are going to work in this game. I used to love the Mushroom heartless, but I hated some of the Organization XIII ones. (**** that one outside of Yen Sid's tower AND that one on Beast's Castle's Bridge!) I'm also not a fan of the Sniper Wild Heartless and those with such gimmicky setups. I would love to see the return of something akin to the Chimera and Clock Tower Phantom Bosses though. They were fun! =)

I sort of think/hope it could be a mini-game not inherently bound to a "mini-game world" like whether its accessible from the menu like the Command Board. Or if its more like the present mini-game in Christmas Town in KH2, so wherever its found isn't a full blown mini-game world.

I say all this because 100 Acre Wood actually is coming back, it was in the leak with Monsters Inc, which clearly is now confirmed. I believe it was just some assets, so its possible its only in cutscenes? But I dunno, I kind of assumed it would be back anyway so it probably is a full world again. Only way I could see a cutscene only thing for that world is if they just sort of show all of Sora's friends through the years. Which sounds like maybe a waste since there is so much to do in the actual worlds lol.

And since this game will probably only have like 9 to 10 Disney worlds I would hate for 2 to be only mini-game based like KH2.

I love the rare Heartless in KH1, and I liked some of the XIII heartless but yea one or two literally took me a year to finish cuz they were so frustrating.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back