• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ifrit and Dark Thorn similarity.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackWingedPunk

While I was playin KH2, I have encountered the heartless Dark Thorn in the Ball Room at the Beast's Castle. At first I thought that it was the Aeon Ifrit from FFX. I found out that it was a heartless. It looks alot like Ifrit especially with the red hair and the claws. If you have seen it in Jiminy's journal it would actually move just like Ifrit in the waiting mode at battle.

Last edited:

Zephyrus

When I first saw it, I immediately thought of Ifrit too. Maybe it was based on Ifrit?

Foshizzle

haha shit iw as thinking FFXI for some reason i have no ideawhy i thought the ifrit from FFXI.. do people still play FFXI? most people play WoW or SRO guild war is crap in my opinon.

Squirrel

ok ifrit apperars in like every ff game from 8 up lol he is a legend. i never even got a good look at the thing now that u mention it. i cant remember what it looked like... o wait
to me it looked like a bomb from the final fantasy series. u no those guys that when u hit get bigger and bigger till the explode

Kairi's Heart

I Love Axel!!!!
I noticed that it looked alot like ifrit too. I thought it was so cool thought because I really like ifrit. Too bad it wasn't though, oh well.

Jack~Of~Clubs

lol ifrits been around since the origional nes games... i noticed it to he reminded me of the ff8 ifrit tho :)

but why ifrit?? i like buhumut better :) (king of all dragons).

lol takes me bak to my ff7 days (yay buhumut zero)

Endgame

:D
BlackWingedPunk said:
While I was playin KH2, I have encountered the heartless Dark Thorn in the Ball Room at the Beast's Castle. At first I thought that it was the Aeon Ifrit from FFX. I found out that it was a heartless. It looks alot like Ifrit especially with the red hair and the claws. If you have seen it in Jiminy's journal it would actually move just like Ifrit in the waiting mode at battle.

Perhaps I can answer this. That particular enemy was, in fact, based off Ifrit's design, right down to movement and attacks. It's in some way a letdown, because there's not much more mention of FFX aeons in KH2. I wanted to summon Anima in realtime :(

BlackWingedPunk

Ivyprincesofhart said:
Don't know. Does Ifrit appear in FFIX? If so, than I think I might have seen it. But it would have been cool if they had included Zidane in the game, don't you think so?
Well, there was Ifrit in FFIX but it didn't look like the one in FFX (thats for sure). The Dark Thorn's movements are based on the FFX Ifrit.

XFinalXOmegaX

Final Fantasy VIII!
here are the differences

dark_ifrit_00.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSRjIfx4_r4&search=dark%20thorn%20boss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back