• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

If you had to erase one character from existence entirely, who would you choose?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Some people said Kairi early on. I don't think Riku has been erased yet, but I feel we are heading towards the series just being Donald and Goofy fighting against Ansem SoD and Xemnas, which actually sounds pretty good.
I think Riku is one of the only characters not erased in this thread, lol. Even Sora's been hit in here. Don't know about Ansem but the entire Organization got Thanos snapped in here so Xemnas is gone too.

D

Deleted member 252753

I think Riku is one of the only characters not erased in this thread, lol. Even Sora's been hit in here. Don't know about Ansem but the entire Organization got Thanos snapped in here so Xemnas is gone too.
:cry: Well at least he doesn't need to feel the emptiness where his companions once stood. I don't think Pete has been erased yet so maybe he and Ansem SoD can team up to conquer every world.

disney233

Awards
Y'know what, let me just break this chain and tell ya'll why Riku needs to to be erased.

Riku...is and always will be a marvelous character. He's the only character that has had a proper character growth. And in DDD, even though being a 'Keyblade Master' is stupid, it fits him. It was a good place to end his character arc.

That being said, after DDD, get rid of him. He served his purpose and he's better off fading away before he gets reduced into a shell of what made him a good character. They're already missing the mark by shoe-horning Repliku, Data Riku, FUCKING ANSEM-RIKU, and showed how little of an impact he has made in KH3.

It all needs to be purged. Riku's arc is done. Now take him away while he's still good. We don't need some....DDD part 2 with Riku again.

Cumguardian69

Awards
It all needs to be purged. Riku's arc is done. Now take him away while he's still good. We don't need some....DDD part 2 with Riku again.
Objection!

Riku easily can open up a new arc of avenger/redeemer/lampost-in-the-dark. In fact, he should have been the one instrumental in saving Aqua and Terra, but Nomura can't write scenarios to save his life so we got the Sora powerhour instead. Riku (KH1 arc) may be finished, but the character himself can go so far.

disney233

Awards
Objection!

Riku easily can open up a new arc of avenger/redeemer/lampost-in-the-dark. In fact, he should have been the one instrumental in saving Aqua and Terra, but Nomura can't write scenarios to save his life so we got the Sora powerhour instead. Riku (KH1 arc) may be finished, but the character himself can go so far.
This. This right there. Is mainly why Riku needs to be purged. Riku could potentially open up a new arc.......but do you really wanna trust that potential with Nomura behind the wheel?

Cumguardian69

Awards
I see what you mean and I definitely agree in spirit. We know Nomura isn't going to utilize that burgeoning potential, choosing instead to throw 5 minute sequelbait smatterings that go nowhere. I do have an emotional attachment to Riku unfortunately, so I am just not willing to let him go. X__x'

Chie

Awards
I think Kingdom Hearts should only be the thing I have a vague memory of seeing a commercial of when I was a kid, before evil Nomura ruined everything with the controversial "Kingdom Hearts".

Cumguardian69

Awards
Wouldnt kill TTG, instead I'd tell a mini story/SoL of them getting (re)acquainted with Roxas. Really curious to see how Roxas reintegrates into his old society, even if his memories and routines for that week were all fake/implanted

SuperNova

Awards
Safety in blandness indeed. That is why I prefer Sora and his blandness over Nomura trying to continuously push YMX down my throat for the 50th time. Makes me scared for what he has planned for Yozora and Not-Stella.

Violet Pluto

Awards
Sora
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Ummm... I mean Tarzan's whole world!
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Seriously though I'm having a hard time choosing. Ask me years ago and I would have said Axel in a heartbeat because I never really liked him. For the me right now to erase someone they would have to fit in one of these categories:
Be completely inconsequential to the story's progression.
Undermine the story.
Lead to unnecessary problems IRL.

Lets start out with characters I have no reason to erase:
Riku: TBH Riku finished his character arc in 3D, which is why he's so flat in KH3. His previous arcs (feeling jealous of Sora, caged in on his world and his regret and shame for to falling into darkness) were dealt with, but he didn't have an arc to replace it with in that game. His motivation in KH3 was basically "I'm a good guy so I'll do good things," which is nice and all but boring character-wise. Hopefully his motivation to save his best friend will give him an interesting arc to grow with again.
Kairi: She gets a lot of hate on here for being a damsel in distress and my reaction to that is: "Who cares?" Damsels in distress are so prominent because they are good motivations for stories. Even if you don't like the idea of it, that doesn't mean they don't have a place in stories nor that they shouldn't exist. She had a role to play, and I say she played it well. That doesn't mean that she can't do anything else either and she has a real motivation in trying to retrieve Sora from the land of the dead.

Now you might notice that I talk about motivations up there. Characters need motivations or else they have no real reason to even participate in the story. Which is why in the coming arc Roxas, Xion, and Namine feel like they don't belong.

Roxas: As a character he lost all of his motivations, being wanting to be himself and with his friends which, y'know already happened. I would have preferred him dying for good in KH2 but, eh. I mean he could take the road of looking for Sora too, but it seems a bit odd because besides being the same person, there was never any deep interaction between the two. It would just come off as an impersonal goal, even though they were literally the same person before. Weird how that works.
Xion: Even though she was also a part of Sora she isn't close to him at all, so she shares a lot of similarities with Roxas here. She also has absolutely no motivation either, and I'd say that her progression was done in 358. She doesn't really have any goals as a character right now much like Roxas. They are in the exact same boat.
Namine: She's a bit different. It's less of a problem of motivation. She's close personally with Sora as well as being- wait a minute. I just realized, Sora barely knew her at the end of KH3, why'd he seem so tight with her? She knows him well enough, but he only knows her as the girl in Kairi. I'm sorry, I totally lost my train of thought in this one because of that epiphany.

Um... Well. Axel and Isa, Maluxia and Larxene, and Terra, Ventus, and Aqua are all exempt from that section. Axel and Isa have the motivation of Subject X even if I don't think Axel is that close to Sora, he will probably be more involved when that plotline comes in. Marluxia, Larxene and Luxord and Demyx are all currently plot relevant from the X side and possibly moving forward, with the former two's motivations being unclear, but developments seem to be on their way. The Wayfinders signed up for the job of being Keyblade Warriors and to keep chaos from running about, and MoM/Whoever will be the next villain seems to have a connection to the past/Ven and that could be a reason for all three of them to form up in solidarity. One motivation three people.

Hmm... I guess I'd erase... Anyone who got in the way of Setzer, Fuu, and Rai? Their the greatest after all, Y'know?

Back