• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

If you could only get one remake which game would it be?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

If only one game could be remade with KH3 quality which would you pick?

• Kingdom Hearts

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • Chain of Memories

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kingdom Hearts 2

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • 358/2 Days

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • Birth By Sleep

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Coded

• Dream Drop Distance

• Chi/Unchained/Union Cross

Votes: 14 33.3%

• Total voters

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I actually liked the gameplay but what ruined it for me (and I’m assuming for many) is how the game keeps getting harder and keeps forcing you to pay to get stronger medals to win.

You can easily get through all the story content without spending a dime. Just make smart decisions and, you know, pay attention to how the game works. Don't waste jewels on useless medals just because they're pretty, make sure you have the right traits, yadda yadda.

I'm not defending the gacha nature of the game but the game doesn't ask much of you at the bare minimum. I came back to Global ver. maybe like a month before DR launched after years of not playing, pulled from 2 or 3 medal deals, and ran through like 700 quests with ease.

Last edited:
I actually liked the gameplay but what ruined it for me (and I’m assuming for many) is how the game keeps getting harder and keeps forcing you to pay to get stronger medals to win.
Yeah, I've heard bad things about the power creep in that game. As a whole, I've never been into mobile games (tried out some of the more popular ones like FE Heroes, FF BE, Mobius, Animal Crossing, and UX when it started out and none of them engaged me for long), so the fact that it has a power creep pretty much ensures that I don't think I'd give the game another chance unless it gets a console remake without the p2w mechanics.

Foxycian

Awards
Yeah, I've heard bad things about the power creep in that game. As a whole, I've never been into mobile games (tried out some of the more popular ones like FE Heroes, FF BE, Mobius, Animal Crossing, and UX when it started out and none of them engaged me for long), so the fact that it has a power creep pretty much ensures that I don't think I'd give the game another chance unless it gets a console remake without the p2w mechanics.
Well if you play it for fun and story purposes you’ll enjoy it even without paying money.

Well if you play it for fun and story purposes you’ll enjoy it even without paying money.
That then kinda gets back to my previous point about simply not liking the gameplay when I tried it out. Even if you don't experience the power creep when just playing casually, the gameplay still wasn't enough to really grab me.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I don't think anyone really wants advice but I'll dump it anyways.

If you're having trouble getting through the Keyblade War event with just raw strength, you can take advantage of the enemies' counterattacks to stack up medal attack buffs. For example with Invi, who counters when you use Magic, try using a Speed build with a single Magic medal. Launch all the Speed attacks and Supernova, then use a Magic attack. It triggers her counterattack, you'll die, but will proceed into the next round with all the medal attack buffs from the previous round.

As a general note, all of your damage dealers should have Ground/Aerial Defense-60% traits otherwise you straight up won't be able to deal damage against high level enemies. Extra Attack+40% is also must-have on everything.

But I digress. This isn't really the thread for it lol

Foxycian

Awards
Not when Dark Chirithy or Invi or a random WIR boss keep kicking your ass, making it impossible to progress :c
Yea haha what were they thinking, the game was hard enough why give bosses the abilities to reflect our attacks.

Noivern

Awards
Oh boy, this thread. I meant to write a reply here but forgot about it and now we have 4 pages.

I voted as soon as it came out on UX, but now after thinking for a while.. I don't really want any remakes. lol

You see, my issue is that I don't think any game would gain much from a remake treatment besides better gameplay. And I don't think most of the older games actually need that.

1 and 2 are already quite complete, 2FM is packed full of content, even. The CoM remake ruined the game entirely (cutscenes are cool but >personally< I think the gameplay is pure garbage and what was fun on the GBA is just bland and annoying in 3D), BBS already looks really cool in HD and has good gameplay overall. 3D.. could use a LOT of touches (better balancing and less flowmotion), but I don't think it DESERVES a remake. That game is a mistake.

Then there's Days. I agree that it would be cool to play with the Org in a proper game, but I don't think the story itself is worth bringing back. It's pretty bare and what we have is better told in other formats.

What I would like, however, is a complete reboot/reimagining of some games!

I'd love a Musou/Warriors-like game set in the year-between; Days+CoM, with all the characters of that time playable (SoRiku, Mickey, the Org, Dual Wield Roxas, maybe even throw Naminé in it for the funsies?) with the condensed story of those two games retold in a singular, better structured way. Also, smart way to throw in a "what Riku did post CoM" in there.

Then for Days, I'd throw in a visual novel retelling of the story alongside some extra bits now that the Dark Seeker saga is complete and we know more about characters like Saïx, allowing them to expand on his role in the Org compared to before when he was a mystery.

Besides those, I'm still VERY vocal about a KH MMO based on UX and FFXIV A Realm Reborn and anyone who is into IX knows how much they could do with that.

But I don't really want it to be a retelling of UX; I want an alternate universe using the KH IP but with a fully original story and set of characters.

I'm excited for phase 2, I really am, but I would love to see another direction on this franchise without it being bind to the main story and it's 9823234 existing characters. I think KH needs to restart fresh somewhere else.

Somnus cealum

Awards
i cant choose between 358 and khux, they both deserve a remake and the story is important. coded is not that overall important tbh.

Foxycian

Awards
Union Cross the one that deserves a remake but if I had to pick one from the older Games then it’s birth by sleep

358/2days does deserve a remake too and I really want it but I believe this title wouldn’t offer anything new other then Gameplay similar to kh2 and kh3, it has its own game its own movie and even its own manga

1. The movie showed us the main story (and half of it was eating ice cream on the tower) and it was enjoyable

2. the manga showed us the adventure they had in Disney world and it was fun to read

3. the game story was a mix of both manga and movie but with DS Graphics

I feel like this title has enough

Now Here’s Why I believe birth by sleep should get a remake

1. Capes, We know how cool keyblade armors are specially with their Capes

2. The worlds of birth by sleep are large as seen in 0.2 originally it was meant for ps2 so we can guess how large these world would have been, also the wayfinder trio did ran into many inhabitants of the worlds they visit (like kh3) even if the game doesn’t show it, the npc characters will bring life to these worlds

3. The Gameplay of birth by sleep is really fun just imagine 0.2 but a full game with all three playable with full sets of moves instead of just Attack magic and item

4. fixing the problems of gameplay, no more cheap secret bosses and no more invincibility i-frames broken dodges

5. Online Mode

Altho Union cross takes my vote I still would love for a remake for birth by sleep it just has an amazing story and world building I feel like it was wasted on psp since original it was meant for ps2.

Back