• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

If you could only get one remake which game would it be?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

If only one game could be remade with KH3 quality which would you pick?

• Kingdom Hearts

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • Chain of Memories

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kingdom Hearts 2

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • 358/2 Days

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • Birth By Sleep

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Coded

• Dream Drop Distance

• Chi/Unchained/Union Cross

Votes: 14 33.3%

• Total voters

Hedginka

Awards
As much as I love 358/2 Days, I don't know how much longer I can tolerate having to hear the painfully compressed version of Vector To The Heavens over the mesmerising Remix for 1.5. I think that's the only argument that needs to be made for it getting remade.

AR829038

Awards
A while ago, I would have said Days. But I can enjoy Days for what it is. Union X (and by extension Dark Road) is in much more dire need of it to me. Days is at least a full and honest game with a well-told story. Union X and Dark Road HAVE good stories, but they're buried beneath unforgivably bad game mechanics, relentless filler in the case of UX, and horrendous grinding in the case of DR. If you made me choose between one of these two, I'd probably pick Dark Road, only because I think Xehanort is more of an important character who deserves to have his story told in a respectable manner, and not in a cheap gatcha game with chibi graphics. But ideally, I'd have them both remade from the ground up.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
While part of me wishes Days could be remade since it did have some interesting ideas in it thy would have been better implemented on an actual console, I think unless they intend to expand upon the story with those teased ideas from “A fragmentary passage” and maybe add in some stuff about Subject X, there is no point in revisiting that specific time period.

That is why I voted for UX instead. The game has a lot of potential if they were to remake it and perhaps even make it a MMO or MMO Lite. Imagine navigating through Daybreak Town in UE4 graphics? The plethora of other Keyblade wielders wandering around, both player characters and NPCs...and all of the Chirithys who we could totally customize too. Visiting the Moogle to get potions and items, perhaps introducing classes of Keyblade wielders instead of having medals so you can have a party of three, one who specializes in attacks, one that specializes in speed, and one that specializes in magic.

Imagine something like XIV but without expansions and a monthly fee lol.

We could decorate our room! It would be where we go to change our outfit.

And you could also go on missions with AI party members if you don’t want to or can’t play online.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I'm with @Sign on this one. [chi] / X / UX, etc. had all the potential to be a beautiful, multiplayer olive branch into the next saga. I held out for the longest, but, stagnant waiting aside, even knowing new content (MEAT, not in the shape of things like costumes, mind) was continually on the horizon without an end in sight felt tiresome. Spackle plenty of material behind paywalls (premiumly-priced and rapidly depreciating at that) and you cut off another arm of accessibility and progress. This is coming from someone who spent a stupid amount on this game to eventually abandon it. It's prevented me from trying Dark Road.

I would love to see the game in its eventual entirety presented in a new fashion that still left player's levels of customization in tact. Though, I'd be down for sacrificing frills and multiplayer for more standard action-RPG gameplay with a focus on the narrative structure.

Revamped Keyblade evolution could borrow a page from KHIII's mechanics.

The Disney worlds, once consolidated into free-roaming worlds vs. isolated patches of missions wouldn't even need to trim their story elements. As of now they're so few and far between that they just end up bookending a string of hunts. It feels like rowing on choppy water the way you "run" through these places.

Last edited:

Hedginka

Awards
Personally, between the bland characters, retcons of established characters, the lazily written mystery that is that box and darkness being a person now, I'm not sure where the good story in UX is. Heck, I thought most fantasy fanatics had grown tired of prophecies being a story teller for over a decade at this point.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
UX doesn't need a full on remake, a port that strips so much fat out is fine enough.

I'd pick Birth By Sleep. I think a lot of the worlds such as Castle of Dreams and Deep Space would have benefited from KH3's large world designs and NPCs. BBS always felt like a game that shouldnt have been a handheld title.
Yeah, but then it would've been a Wii game. Square was in no place to make an HD KH at the time.

palizinhas

Awards
I think the actual story of Ux is interesting, but it gets lost in its bland characters and the inconsistent story releases. The murder mystery was done well enough, with us getting from suspect to suspect in the fandom the way I think we were supposed to (though of course a lot of people went to "Darkness possessed Ven and killed Strelitzia" as soon as we met Darkness). All of that is something I feel a better release of the game could fix, but I'd prefer it as a movie/tv show than a game.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
UX to me is one of the better written stories of KH. It's probably the only KH title where I prefer the story over the characters. I will admit I'm not super into the characters themselves well minus the awesomeness that is Skuld of course. But the murder mystery has me literally jumping on the edge of my seat and I always get excited to hear a new update is coming.

I feel UX will get a Backcover movie situation at some point. They have to do that right? I would love that because hello, Animated Skuld would be gorgeous in unreal engine. In that regard I could accept this over a Days remake. However in terms of gameplay I'd much prefer to play as Roxas and the Organization in a Days remake, but I'll recognize that a UX remake would be more important. I'm still cross with Square for not remaking Days before all this. The Days movie is not good enough!

Eonstar890

Awards
A while ago, I would have said Days. But I can enjoy Days for what it is. Union X (and by extension Dark Road) is in much more dire need of it to me. Days is at least a full and honest game with a well-told story. Union X and Dark Road HAVE good stories, but they're buried beneath unforgivably bad game mechanics, relentless filler in the case of UX, and horrendous grinding in the case of DR. If you made me choose between one of these two, I'd probably pick Dark Road, only because I think Xehanort is more of an important character who deserves to have his story told in a respectable manner, and not in a cheap gatcha game with chibi graphics. But ideally, I'd have them both remade from the ground up.

so I guess my problem with this choice which is why I didn’t include it in the poll is because dark road is still brand new and ongoing as a title. While UX is technically ongoing, it is five years old so I decided to include it as well. Can’t rlly remake a game that isn’t fully made yet lol

And with UX I have to agree with others that the game is like 90% good for its story and 10% anything else. It’d be better off getting the movie treatment or even a TV series (Disney+?) than a remake because a console remake would just be an entirely different game. I’m not saying a remake wouldn’t be totally amazing, because it definitely would, but the fact is my favorite parts of that game having absolutely toning to do with “player” or any of the gameplay sequences.

Last edited:

Foxycian

Awards
I’m with everyone on this, before i wanted remake for days (and birth by sleep on Console) but Days already Got a Game a movie and even a manga, so Imo it’s time to move on, It’s Chi/Unchained/Union X the one that deserves remake, either as a movie or a Console Game.

Last edited:

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
While Days has a special place in my heart, and I'd love to see the gameplay given a Re:Imagining, I still don't think it's the most deserving. The whole package feels more accessible to me. Attempting a playthrough of Days still feels more doable than attempting a playthrough of UX. Controlling Roxas's combat feels slow and clunky, but emphasizing strategy before missions still feels more fun than scouring Reddit, attempting to find a party gracious enough to let you raid with them for a medal that will hopefully net you over the current difficulty spike.

And I realize it's not the same, but the manga satisfies in ways that I feel peace moving on from it.

Last edited:

AegisXIII

Awards
If Ux will be made on console, it probably won't be online. I feel there is content for a solo story playing Ventus or something like that. Even Luxu. But making it online, I don't see that happening. Console games should not be tied to a Server. Remember comrade ffxv. What a disaster.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
If Ux will be made on console, it probably won't be online. I feel there is content for a solo story playing Ventus or something like that. Even Luxu. But making it online, I don't see that happening. Console games should not be tied to a Server. Remember comrade ffxv. What a disaster.

Well, that was made after the fact and tacked on as an experiment.

If the KH team went into UX knowing they were making a MMO, the game would function like a proper MMO.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
UX doesn't need a full on remake, a port that strips so much fat out is fine enough.

Yeah, but then it would've been a Wii game. Square was in no place to make an HD KH at the time.
So BBS wasn't an option for the PS3? That's too bad. Though I wouldnt have minded it on the Wii. Gameplay would at least be somewhat unique with the Wii controller

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
So BBS wasn't an option for the PS3? That's too bad. Though I wouldnt have minded it on the Wii. Gameplay would at least be somewhat unique with the Wii controller
You more or less put the whole PSP control scheme on Wiimote+nunchuck without involving any waggle.

the red monster

Awards
I get people want days remake and stuff, but i don't see it happening.
they aren't gonna bother with old games at this point, we moved on to phase 2 of the series and days have no story relevance now.
UX leads and IS part of phase 2, i think remake for it is inevitable after the story will end (early-mid 2021?)
the servers will be shut down and the only the access for the story will be youtube.

Foxycian

Awards
UX leads and IS part of phase 2
Technically Union X is still part of phase 1, it’s dark road that is considered phase 2, union cross is ending at least that’s what they said it’s nearing the end, but yea it’s a game from phase 1 “that leads to phase 2” like you said.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
KH1. Those worlds KH3 style would be amazing. Plus, we get essentially 2 Disney boss fights per world, so having the small-scale fight then having the giant fight would be great to see. Also, they can finally have Jafar turn into his white outfit for the boss fight (and have his magic even more intense) then have his genie form ACTUALLY THREATEN US. I feel like they can cheat the snake form into the genie fight, and have him transform into the snake for a short period of the fight.

Back