• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

If you could only get one remake which game would it be?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

If only one game could be remade with KH3 quality which would you pick?

• Kingdom Hearts

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • Chain of Memories

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kingdom Hearts 2

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • 358/2 Days

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • Birth By Sleep

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Coded

• Dream Drop Distance

• Chi/Unchained/Union Cross

Votes: 14 33.3%

• Total voters

Eonstar890

Awards
If only one game was given the chance to be remade on the level of KH3 quality, which would you want? This would also include a reimaging of the worlds to be more immersive and large like they were in KH3 with NPCs and what not. And if you’d like perhaps also allow the story to be told in a way that ”flows” better with future installment.

It’d be amazing to have some of the older titles revamped with better graphics and gameplay, but if I had to pick just one game personally I actually think I would pick Days. The story in that game is so great and the fact that it only exists fully in its DS version is what pushes it up for me for a remake. Yes they have the movie version but it doesn’t hit the same, and it’d be so cool to have all the organization members as potential party. Plus with the remake I would imagine the gameplay following the KH3 structure since the ds was... limiting. And it would allow for them to better hint at Terra in Xemnas or subject X or Luxu or what not.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'd pick Birth By Sleep. I think a lot of the worlds such as Castle of Dreams and Deep Space would have benefited from KH3's large world designs and NPCs. BBS always felt like a game that shouldnt have been a handheld title.

AegisXIII

Awards
WIth kh3 level of quality: UnionX for sure.
But there is one remake I want more than anything with kh2 graphics and its days.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Days. The movie version isn't good, and the DS graphics have aged poorly. The gameplay holds it back from being a more popular title. The only way to experience Days now is to either watch the lackluster movie or use a emulator and play the game which will lag during certain boss fights. The combat is also limited and there isn't much you can do.

AegisXIII

Awards
Days. The movie version isn't good, and the DS graphics have aged poorly. The gameplay holds it back from being a more popular title. The only way to experience Days now is to either watch the lackluster movie or use a emulator and play the game which will lag during certain boss fights. The combat is also limited and there isn't much you can do.
Do you want to start a movement with me? :p

Katsagu

Awards
Union X, I feel like that is a necessity for the future of the series honestly.

If not that, days.

Chie

Awards
All those other games already exist as games I can play. UX does not.

Eonstar890

Awards

Cant say I’m surprised this one is a popular choice lol I think I’ve resigned myself to the fact that it’s a mobile game so much that I don’t even think of it has possibly being anything else ever. Also since it’s so new compared to other titles it doesn’t seem as worthy of a remake to me. At this point tho I’m sure they are just going to incorporate the story into whatever next title.

AegisXIII

Awards
Cant say I’m surprised this one is a popular choice lol I think I’ve resigned myself to the fact that it’s a mobile game so much that I don’t even think of it has possibly being anything else ever. Also since it’s so new compared to other titles it doesn’t seem as worthy of a remake to me. At this point tho I’m sure they are just going to incorporate the story into whatever next title.
They let the keyblade war passage unresolved and blurry in union cross and that was for a specific reason. The great war will be depicted in a Chi entry on console. Not necessarly a remake more like a proper game where you play as Luxu or something like that.

Chie

Awards
The great war will be depicted in a Chi entry on console.
I very much hope you're right, because going back to old interviews and seeing Nomura say "we need powerful hardware to depict the time of the keyblade war" is just really funny so far.

I do think the X/UX "remake" will be heavily reformatted with Disney plot stuff almost entirely cut down and the game using the daily life/mission structure from Days. You might as well call it a new game, and it will surely end with showing things unshown until then, just like re:coded. At least, that's the picture in my mind that I'm as usual banking on, because if such a thing doesn't happen the series will become impossible for anyone to ever play through.

AegisXIII

Awards
I very much hope you're right, because going back to old interviews and seeing Nomura say "we need powerful hardware to depict the time of the keyblade war" is just really funny so far.

I do think the X/UX "remake" will be heavily reformatted with Disney plot stuff almost entirely cut down and the game using the daily life/mission structure from Days. You might as well call it a new game, and it will surely end with showing things unshown until then, just like re:coded. At least, that's the picture in my mind that I'm as usual banking on, because if such a thing doesn't happen the series will become impossible for anyone to ever play through.
I think you are right. What I am always interested in is the legacy of the serie. Mobile games are temporary. When they are gone, you cannot grab the full picture of the serie anymore. That's also why I am so enclined to get a proper days and re:coded remake. Movie recap is great. But storytelling through gameplay is much much better. And the serie still looks like a frankenstein monster, even though it got much much better since we have the ReMix. I just tink we could get even more from those ReMixes.

In my opinion, the ps5 era will be great. Since they are not focused on kh3, which was their nr1 priority, they will be able to move the story forward while continuing improving the past and I won't be surprised that we get a final Xehanort saga package with 1.5, 2.5, 2.8 and 3.5 with all games playable.
In the 3.5, we might find the playable X.

Let's wait and see.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
KH1 for sure. I'd love to see how the giant bosses would work with flow-motion involved (Cerberus, Ursula, Genie Jafar, Chernabog, etc.) and how huge the worlds would be without any limits of technology. I wouldn't say it could improve on the game necessarily, because whatever limitations caused issues in KH3 might rear their head and mar a re-make of the game (namely the lack of Disney bosses and lack of IP interaction in KH3), but it would be something I'd still enjoy as an experience to see Halloween Town, Atlantica, Agrabah, etc. with massive worlds.

Foxycian

Awards
I personally don’t want to remake anything from phase 1 now since I want to keep moving forward, but maybe remake union cross? Altho it’s technically a part of phase one 1 the story also leads to phase 2 so it’s important, as for any other game I guess birth by sleep? I have soft spot for that game and it was meant for ps2 so it really had the potential gameplay wise to be a remake on ps4 or ps5.

disney233

Awards
KH3 needs a remake. 😋
They need to get rid of the fat for that to happen....like getting rid of most of the cast. Even if the storyline isn't jumbled at the very end, it would still be a jumbled mess with characters doing nothing like before.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I'm torn between BBS and Days. I went with BBS because like @Zettaflare said, it always felt like it should have been a console game and just felt a bit watered down from what it should have been. Plus I'd love for the remake to let Aqua, Terra and Ven to actually team up with characters.
However I'd also love for the chance to get to experience days again with the graphics it deserves, maybe they could even add additional modes to spice stuff up.

Part of me would kind of like a reboot where the pieces fit together a bit better and it's all a bit more streamlined, maybe incorporating some of the stuff from the novels or manga. Like the Riku, Namine and Axel sub plot for KH2.

Foxycian

Awards
I'm torn between BBS and Days. I went with BBS because like @Zettaflare said, it always felt like it should have been a console game and just felt a bit watered down from what it should have been. Plus I'd love for the remake to let Aqua, Terra and Ven to actually team up with characters.
However I'd also love for the chance to get to experience days again with the graphics it deserves, maybe they could even add additional modes to spice stuff up.

Part of me would kind of like a reboot where the pieces fit together a bit better and it's all a bit more streamlined, maybe incorporating some of the stuff from the novels or manga. Like the Riku, Namine and Axel sub plot for KH2.
And a proper online for birth by sleep and fix all the problems in gameplay, Birth by sleep is already great but can be even better if released on ps2 back in the day It does deserve remake the most next to days and union X.

AegisXIII

Awards

I see what you mean. The first images of birth by sleep looked like a darker game. Also they didn't even bother to add the trio actual fingers in the remix. They have these weird scary hands sometimes.

Back