• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

if you could change One thing in KH what will it be?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Foxycian

Awards
Like if you could change one thing in kingdom hearts (in your opinion) what will you change? Like something in gameplay or story or characters or anything.

D

Deleted member 246005

Kairi would've stayed with Leon and the others rather than return to Destiny Islands. When Sora goes to Hollow Bastion, he meets her there and she introduces him to her grandmother. She also goes with him during the first run through of the Disney worlds. She still gets kidnapped but she put it up more of a fight. She might've escaped her cell but still stuck on the World that never was. The last fight is her with Sora and Riku against Xemnas. How they get back i haven't decided yet. She now gets to take the Masters exam in DDD instead of that time machine "bollocks".

1 small change, 1 massive improvement.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Just change that 1 Year time skip in the Limit Cut episode, make it shorter or show visually that some time has passed in-series. Otherwise, it was pointless to make it a year.

And while I wouldn't put Kairi in the Mark of Mastery with Sora and Riku, I would have her training with Merlin around the same time, so she can at least catch up with the guys and not fall behind. Maybe then she visits Yen Sid during a break in her Keyblade training when Axel shows up wanting to wield one.

Speaking of Merlin, didn't he bring up in the first game that he could time travel? He could've taught Sora or any of Yen Sid's students how he does it and set a limit for both how much time they can go back and how many times, so they don't misuse that skill.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
I would have all the English translations done by Goldpanner so I don't miss out on callbacks in the text, the meanings of lines don't get changed from the original, and there are no 'lifeboats'.

Huh. That's a good one :unsure: I feel bad for the official translators, but... well. Won't disagree!

D

Deleted member 252753

Huh. That's a good one :unsure: I feel bad for the official translators, but... well. Won't disagree!
Yeah I wouldn't necessarily blame the translators themselves. I imagine they aren't given sufficient time or inventive to look for parallels to a line in all the previous games. That's why ideally it would be translated by people who already know the series very well, like Goldpanner.

Chie

Awards
There are many ways I would change the overall story (and I say that as someone who genuinely likes the story for the most part), as well as hopes for the series going forward that I'd like to be assured will happen, but only changing one thing? One single thing?

I would have it so they kept Aya Brea as a character in Traverse Town instead of replacing her with Aerith. I doubt I need to explain all the fun implications of doing so.

AR829038

Awards
For me personally, it's a toss-up between several options:

1. Better dialogue. I know the silliness of the writing is one of the things that gives the series it's charm, and we all like to make fun of it, but for real, I would like to see some genuinely good dialogue every once in a while. Not there isn't some good writing here and there, but it's far and few between all the light heart darkness heart. My favorite part of the series was the opening of KH2 when you play as Roxas, and that's primarily because there was so little of that bullshit. For a while, it was just a simple story about a kid losing control of the world around him and losing his friends. There was very little of the traditional Kingdom Hearts word salad—in fact, most of the dialogue, with some exceptions, was refreshingly down-to-earth. I'd like to see more of THAT dialogue come back.

2. More flashback cutscenes. So much of the lore of Kingdom Hearts is simply told to us through in-game dialogue or secret reports. When you stop to actually consider the events being related, the story of Kingdom Hearts is actually amazingly vast in its scope. But because you see very little of it, the games do feel a little more spatially constricted. For example, we were told in KH1 how Maleficent took over Hollow Bastion 9 years before the events of the game. Wouldn't that have been amazing to actually SEE? (and hopefully, we might actually get to see it finally in Melody of Memory). There are countless examples like this throughout the series that would make the story so much more visually engaging, and easier to follow. I really do believe that at least half of the confusion people feel when playing these games is because SO MUCH IMPORTANT STUFF is never shown to us, and either glossed over briefly in character dialogue, or, much worse, in supplementary materials like the Ultimania. I realize that back in the day, there was probably more restrictions on what the PS2 could handle on a technical level, and they probably couldn't have shown something so large-scale. But now that we're in the PS4-going-into-PS5 era, there's little excuse for that anymore, and I wanna see me more flashbacks.

3. More Final Fantasy characters, AND I want them to be more important. The Radiant Garden committee seems to be the only FF characters in the series with any modicum of importance to the overall narrative. I don't want some measly cameo like poor Zack, I want actual goddamn involvement.

4. Either less focus on Disney worlds, OR make them more relevant to the narrative. Now, unlike most people, I actually believe KH3 did Disney worlds even BETTER than KH2. Frankly, it was the most worthwhile I've seen the worlds since KH1, and it was really refreshing. But it could be better. KH has never achieved its full potential in regards to utilizing its properties, and I want to start seeing more Disney characters besides Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Yen Sid, Maleficent, Pete, Chip, Dale, and Jiminy Cricket touring the worlds with our heroes. I also want to see the villains have more involvement, too. Now that the Xehanort saga is over, and especially now that Nomura has proved to the suits at Disney how financially successful and popular this series can be, hopefully Nomura can sweet talk them into being a bit more loose with their properties so we can get some actual goddamn crossover action for once.

Those are my four biggies.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
As he tries to hand Roxas, Lea and Xion ice cream, Isa falls off the clock tower and his body splats all over the ground.
...Dark 😓. I mean I can semi-understand why, but he already died twice

May-Jor

Awards
More focus on character development and pay-off. This game wastes too much time meandering in pointless Disney worlds or jumping into the "next cool thing!" instead of giving the already existing characters and plot-lines a satisfying execution and closure. Yeah, I know we aren't done with this bloated cast but everything just ends up feeling like endless hype that only barely delivers.

Noivern

Awards
Give Donald and Goofy new outfits so they're not stuck using the same old rags since KH1.

Ok, but on a more serious note. I would have made the Era of Fairy Tales stuff (X, UX) into a fully fledged KH MMO on the same scope as FF14. Design your character, pick your union, accept tons of quests to interact with Disney worlds and it's characters, have raid battles against data projections of fan favorites throughout the franchise like the Org, with significant plot progressions in the story being released as huge episode-like expansions, like the keyblade war or the rise of the dandelions. It's not that I necessarily dislike the mobile format as much as others, but more so that I think KH could make a really cool MMO.

Or.

Rewrite Coded so it's not trying so hard to ruin Sora's character just so Riku can be written as the hero and go "hurr durr Sora doesn't always wins he does have some edge to him!!", also remove the stupid ending because Sora loosing his powers AND not becoming a Master after failing in this stupid, rigged test (when he has proven his might and strenght of heart multiple times before and had the strenght of one for quite a while as well) is still, to this point, the worst case of writing in this franchise to me, surpassing the insignificance of the ending of Days.

Seriously, Sora deserves so much better than what that game tried to do to him. lol

Cumguardian69

Awards
Make every 3D game play like KH2, or KH2FM. Literally the only change I'd make. Imagine if BBS, DDD, and KH3 played like KH2(FM). Jesus Christ I would be on max nut every day

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Oh boy, oh boy.

1. Biggest one, get rid of Ultimanias and interviews having plot clarification or necessary information.
  2. This ties to the first one, all games need to be self explanatory to a basic degree. The deeper lore can still be vague as to produce more hype and sequels, but there must be something grounding the plot so it doesn't spiral.
  3. Let other people take turns with the story. Nomura is an idea guy, not a writer.
  4. Kairi. Self explanatory.
  5. Get rid of the X-Blade.
  6. Have MX clash against Sora. There's something fundamentally wrong in the story when the MC and the antagonist barely know/see each other.
  7. Remove BBS from the PSP and rework everything about it.
  8. No time traveling.
  9. Make another game on the Gameboy. KH looks amazing with sprites.
  10. Not introduce new characters when old ones get thrown to the back burner.
  11. Work more closely with Disney. Don't forget that those Disney worlds that people love to call filler were million dollar movies and shows that deserve respect and attention.
  12. No mobile games with central plot, only spin offs.
  13. Focus more on characters.
  14. Give Nomura a long break. A looooooooooooooooooooooong break.
  15. Make it more gay.

Cumguardian69

Awards
1) Plot clarity can absolutely be given in outside-games material. Nothing wrong with exploring the lore via books and what not, that's what makes a game franchise a franchise instead of a game series. The core problem with ultimanias is that the BASICS are not given ingame, which leads to mass confusion like "where did Kairi's keyblade come from in KH2" or "what the flip are nobodies" or even "how did Aqua manage to 'lose' her KEYBLADE which she is shown summoning and desummoning in the RoD multiple times" or especially "how did Sora use Aqua's Keyblade as an SoS signal to reach Riku".

5) What is wrong with the X-Blade in your opinion? I'm curious.

6) The problem here is like two differen actual problems. Numero Uno, the "Master Xehanort" character was split up across too many "'different characters'", so while everyone present may have beef with ASPECTS of Xehanort, its hard to say who is really the proper character to fight MX.

Numero Dos, Sora is so far removed from the KH plot and basically an ungrowing spectator in the grand scheme of things, yet is designated the Main Character. That isn't how good writing is done. If ANYONE should have fought MX, it should have been TAV or Aqua+Riku. Sora gets poked around and flipped with by different incarnations of Xehanort, but if you look back at it all...he's treated as insignificant. The plot calls him insignificant by refusing him a kEYBLADE MASTER promotion in both DDD and KH3. MX calls him dull in DDD, the Organization laughs at him in KH2 and Xigbar calls him a dud, Ansem SoD prefers Riku over Sora as a host...hell even YenSid says Sora is basically retarded and he has infinitely free plot armor. It's the TRAITOROUS side of the Organization that messes with bodyless Sora in CoM (despite having access to Roxas? wtf)...list goes on.

I went on a rant. MX most personally affected TAV, then has a better relationship with Riku. Let either them fight him.

Back