• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

If you can only add THREE THINGS to improve KH3 via DLC, what would they be?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

furusatoe

I understand this is similar to the threads asking for what you want in the Final Mix version of the game, but I see the constraint of three additions as notable enough to warrant its own thread. None of us are going to get everything we want, so I'm curious to know the three things that are most important to you.

For context, I've reiterated this several times since joining the forum but I was very disappointed with KH2 when it was first released - probably on a similar level that several of you seem to be with KH3. So disappointed, in fact, that I didn't touch a new KH game until three months ago.

But when I replayed KH2 just two months ago, I was shocked by how much better the Final Mix version improved the game. And by how little they had to add to make the game significantly better: a Critical Mode, the Cavern of Remembrance, and Lingering Will. The game went from something massively disappointing to me to something I'd gladly replay again.

All of this is to say: even if you're sorely disappointed in KH3, it's possible it's just a few tweaks away from being something you really love. For me personally, my experience with vanilla KH3 was much better than my experience with vanilla KH2. But, of course, there are a few changes I'd like to see.

Note that, for the purposes of this exercise, you can only ADD content. You cannot change pre-existing content, nor remove content. I'm stipulating this constraint because, as far as I know, the Final Mix versions of the previous games only ever added content. If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me.

For me, these are the three things I think would go the longest way to making KH3 much better than it currently is:

1) Increased Difficulty. I'm all for another Critical Mode that was as fun to play as KH2FM. And it'd be even better if higher difficulty levels adjusted enemy/boss movesets accordingly. For example, I'd love it if the moveset for Anti-Aqua in the higher difficultly levels transformed into that of Zodiac Phantom Aqua or something similarly challenging. The game is really in need of a difficult story-mode boss that challenges the player as much as Roxas does in KH2FM. I'd love for Aqua to be that battle, but they have a ton of boss battles they could make much more challenging.

2) Superbosses. Give me a boss as good as Lingering Will or Zodiac Phantom Aqua. Those bosses that took me hours and hours to learn and master. I don't care if it's Yozora or whoever; I'm just looking for a good challenge. And the more of these bosses they can add, the better.

3) More Cutscenes.
The most significant thing they could do to improve the storytelling from the Keyblade Graveyard onward is to add more cutscenes both before and during that final sequence. This would help alleviate the feeling that everything is crammed into those final five hours. I'd specifically like to see more content fleshing out Xion, Lingering Will, and Namine. And, as many have already noted, give us more character interactions - particularly among the reunited characters! I don't particularly care if all of this added content is just more cutscenes or playable areas, such as with Riku or Kairi. The latter would be welcome, though I think it's much more realistic to ask for more cutscenes.

Anyway, I think those three things would give KH3FM the biggest boost among all available options. What are your three?

kaseykockroach

Awards
I don’t need more moments in a video game where I put the controller down and watch a movie, thanks.

dianted

Awards
1. Bigger Twilight Town. More original worlds could easily be made playable or more expansive
Spoiler Spoiler Show
but I feel adding a little bit to Twilight Town would be the easiest.

2. Battle Gates for
Spoiler Spoiler Show
It would make their playability seem more legitimate and add to the post-game stuff.

3. A cutscene or report or anything talking about the core FF gang and what they're up to.

Wallflower3582

Probably about the same as your list:

- up the difficulty

- more secret bosses

- extra cutscenes, but that would have to include them adding an extra secret movie

GrumpyRoxy

- Critical Mode
- More super bosses
- Arena that allows you to re-fight the Organization XIII members in any way that you see fit (aka: 1x1, 3x3, 1x3, etc)

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
1. Add more areas to Scala ad Caelum. The enemy choice is fine but I'd like to explore more of the city.
2. Actually show Lea and Kairi's training in the time compressed room.
3. Mmore varied types of Unversed. I believe we only hadtwo in Monstropolis

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
1. First and foremost, my most desired DLC that I will be heartbroken without would be: a Riku side, where they delve into how he and Mickey got a new Keyblade/a new look for a Keyblade. Their journey through the RoD, etc. Nomura mentioned a second playable character many times and 2 battles should hardly qualify as that. Plus, it just in general feels like chunks of Riku's story are missing, which, after DDD feels wrong.

2. More secret bosses; ideally something akin to the Data Organization battles for the Xehanorts.

3. Possibly a cutscene showing after Sora disappears. Maybe Riku starting his journey to follow Sora. Gimme moar.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
1. First and foremost, my most desired DLC that I will be heartbroken without would be: a Riku side, where they delve into how he and Mickey got a new Keyblade/a new look for a Keyblade. Their journey through the RoD, etc. Nomura mentioned a second playable character many times and 2 battles should hardly qualify as that. Plus, it just in general feels like chunks of Riku's story are missing, which, after DDD feels wrong.

2. More secret bosses; ideally something akin to the Data Organization battles for the Xehanorts.

3. Possibly a cutscene showing after Sora disappears. Maybe Riku starting his journey to follow Sora. Gimme moar.

More Riku content through DLC would be good. Especially more moments between him and his "other half".

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
More Riku content through DLC would be good. Especially more moments between him and his "other half".

Spoiler Spoiler Show
I really think more of him could flesh out some of the lacking content in the game, for sure.

kaseykockroach

Awards
Come now; that’s what JRPGs are all about. :p

I didn’t have to do as much reading with Paper Mario!

My DLC idea: the ability to turn off the “ingredients” messages whenever you walk into an area.

furusatoe

I didn’t have to do as much reading with Paper Mario!

My DLC idea: the ability to turn off the “ingredients” messages whenever you walk into an area.

I think I saw on Reddit the other day that you can do this from the Config menu.

kaseykockroach

Awards
I find it strange that the "Hey, look, a lucky emblem" messages only pop up every now and then, whereas the "ingredients" messages pop up EVERY SINGLE TIME. What odd priorities.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
1. Expand Riku’s story.
2. Add Final Fantasy characters.
3. Add a boss rush.

Awards
1. A beefed up rematch mode against the Seekers of Darkness.
2. Unique combo attacks with the Guardians of Light.
3. More silence from everyone yapping throughout the "putting Olaf back together" minigame.

Beamer

Awards
  • I'd have to say more cut scenes for sure. The whole reset after The Final World had me confused and it really makes no sense. Adding something there to elaborate what's going on would be greatly appreciated. Basically I just want some stuff that was glanced over explained, some scenes to make the story feel less rushed.
  • Make Scala explorable.
  • A proper secret boss like what Xemnas was in KH1FM. Something that will tie into the next saga.
  • Expanded Secret Ending

I completely second this.

OneDandelion

Awards
Honestly this game needs a lot more than just three things... but to start:

1. Combat System Overhall/Critical mode difficulty. This is the most important thing at the moment. In its current state I find it hard to even call this a game. It's not challenging at all, a 10 year old could figure out how to abuse this combat system. The fights and linear level design serve only as an intermediary between cutscenes.
2. Real fully fleshed out KH worlds and Final Fantasy characters to go with them
3. More variety in heartless and superbosses

this is at a minimum in order to turn this dumpster fire into an actual game... to make it good...

4. Nonlinear level design, and to go with this....
5. Proper stories/bosses in each Disney world. Told preferably in a way that doesn't force you to go to certain worlds in a certain order so you can interact with characters outside the scope of your current mission. this gives a game depth, KH3 has none.
6. Proper organization 13 fights. As much as I love the ending of this game there is definitely a better way to do that maze, interact with each enemy on an individual level with genuinely challenging fights
7. Kairi and Riku both as playable characters. And no I dont mean just for one fight.
8. More interactions with the rest of the cast of KH characters throughout the game.
9. Scrap the mickey emblems and give us real side quests?

I could go on forever with this "game"...

Graceful Schemer

1. A Battlegate with all 13 Subordinate Nobodies
2. Either Cutscenes or
Spoiler Spoiler Show
-like readings that elaborate things that are unclear or left to interpretation. By the point any improvements may come, many would have more than enough time to think about whatever is meant to be left for interpretation already. I want more Organization scenes, gathering type or scenes featuring Demyx, Luxord, Marluxia and Larxene as well as clearing whether the members
Spoiler Spoiler Show

3. Links or Keyblades featuring/relating to
Spoiler Spoiler Show

kaseykockroach

Awards
More riding on Goofy’s shield! I love sledding and want more than merely three oppurtunities to ride on the shield.

UltimaXOmega

-Make Keyblade Graveyard and Scala Ad Caelum full worlds.
-Add FF characters.
-Make every Keyblade transformation unique.

Back