• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

If they remade Com and DDD, then why couldn't they remade 358/2 days and coded

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

AegisXIII

Awards
There are sections in Beast Castle and Wonderland that would also have to be made. And several playable characters if they kept that feature. It would be a lot of work to make. I want it, but it's not happening.
Not a lot. Making assets is not that hard. But yes, I forgot about the secret floor in beast castle. I remember I was so amazed to discover it was expanded.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The assets themselves can be reused but they would definitely have to redesign the maps, which would essentially require rebuilding those worlds anyways.

Also do we really want it to feel like KH2? I know a lot of people have nostalgia for it, but movement was so sluggish in that game until you leveled up Sora’s drive forms. The maps were both too small in scale but Sora’s sluggish running made them feel too big at the same time.

So it wouldn’t be as simple as slapping KH2’s entire gameplay system in and calling it a day.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Not a lot. Making assets is not that hard. But yes, I forgot about the secret floor in beast castle. I remember I was so amazed to discover it was expanded.
I imagine making fluid and snappy animations for Roxas and the other Organization members is tougher then it sounds, especially if playable. It's possible to do for sure, but would take time to test and make sure there are no glitches. That's 14+ playable characters. Again I would love it, but it would be awhile.

I love the extra areas in Beast Castle. They weren't much but fun to explore. And unpopular opinion, but I totally enjoyed dodging Lumiere and Cogsworth. Once you get the timing it's easy lol.

AegisXIII

Awards
I imagine making fluid and snappy animations for Roxas and the other Organization members is tougher then it sounds, especially if playable. It's possible to do for sure, but would take time to test and make sure there are no glitches. That's 14+ playable characters. Again I would love it, but it would be awhile.

I love the extra areas in Beast Castle. They weren't much but fun to explore. And unpopular opinion, but I totally enjoyed dodging Lumiere and Cogsworth. Once you get the timing it's easy lol.
Bosses also had a very interesting design, despite being extremely annoying.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
The assets themselves can be reused but they would definitely have to redesign the maps, which would essentially require rebuilding those worlds anyways.

Also do we really want it to feel like KH2? I know a lot of people have nostalgia for it, but movement was so sluggish in that game until you leveled up Sora’s drive forms. The maps were both too small in scale but Sora’s sluggish running made them feel too big at the same time.

So it wouldn’t be as simple as slapping KH2’s entire gameplay system in and calling it a day.
I do agree it wouldn't be as easy as just makign in KH2's gameplay. Plus I would want Days to have it's own not just be a pure reskin of KH2. To be perfectly honest, if MoM lets me play as RAX all game I'll treat that as my surrogate Days Remake and be fine, lol.

Bosses also had a very interesting design, despite being extremely annoying.
The Days Heartless rarely get any love. I'd love to see the Zip Slasher species in a bigger KH title. And I also love boss designs, even if half of them were not that fun to play.

AegisXIII

Awards
I do agree it wouldn't be as easy as just makign in KH2's gameplay. Plus I would want Days to have it's own not just be a pure reskin of KH2. To be perfectly honest, if MoM lets me play as RAX all game I'll treat that as my surrogate Days Remake and be fine, lol.

The Days Heartless rarely get any love. I'd love to see the Zip Slasher species in a bigger KH title. And I also love boss designs, even if half of them were not that fun to play.
If only days story was fused with re:coded gameplay. That would have been a perfect title. I've had a lot of funs with re:coded gameplay. It felt so dynamic. And debugging worlds was so great. Maybe it's because I am a developper. 😂

Deliverance

Awards
I dislike the fact that Days even exists but if it were to happen I’d love to see the original Hand devs come back and take a jab at improving it. Here’s the changes I would suggest:

Trash the panel system. Having to redo your entire panel layout every time you got a complex panel was garbage. Either use the classic ability system or do something similar to Coded’s grid. Just don’t make me waste time playing with menus.

More mission variety. This game has MGSV levels of repetition and padding. Why is the tutorial chopped up into like 10 separate missions? Add some KH1 style platforming or puzzle missions. Maybe some days off where you hang out with the other members.

Combat changes. Keep each Keyblade having a unique combo, but allow realtime weapon switching. Magic works like KH2 but keep each tier having unique behavior, maybe map them to directional inputs. Limit Break either has its own meter or uses MP so skilled players can actually use it. Oh and get rid of player status effects. That shit sucks.

Lesser nobody party members. It’s so weird how lesser nobodies are a non-element in this game. With so many missions having Roxas by himself you’d think he’d bring some goons to help him. Maybe tie them to a Summon Gauge?

It isn't actually. Days may have the loudest fans but this game has been divisive from the moment it was revealed that there was a 14th member of Organization XIII.

That being said, I agree with most others here. This is a very self-contained game that doesn't introduce anything new to the lore and has little relevance to the next saga. To spend the time and resources into remaking this game now would be a complete waste.

Isn’t Days really popular in Japan though? Like I’ve seen some japanese polls and they always put it up there with 2FM.

saintfighteraqua

Awards
Days and Coded were my least favorite by a large margin.
It would be nice to see them updated and fixed with more modern features and better gameplay elements (I did like some aspects of leveling in these games).
I feel like the gameplay in both was never very good and updated graphics and controls aren't enough to save them.

I have to agree with most of the others, too much work for games that probably wouldn't sell well anyway.
I'd be okay if they just did direct ports but due to the hardware, those games were ugly.

COM was different since it was remade on the current console at the time with most of the same assets and was pivotal to bridging KH1 and 2.

I know one person personally who loves Days' more than some of the mainline and even they admit the gameplay was never good. For them it was the story.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Now that the traditional Kingdom Hearts assets have been ported to Unity, I think there's a possibility that a playable Days and Coded could happen with the cutscene integration from the cinematics (assuming the cinematics weren't pre-rendered).

Though I could only see these playable games only being a reality just to fill the Kingdom Hearts release schedule of "one Kingdom Hearts product each year" quota that's been happening since 2010.

AegisXIII

Awards
Now that the traditional Kingdom Hearts assets have been ported to Unity, I think there's a possibility that a playable Days and Coded could happen with the cutscene integration from the cinematics (assuming the cinematics weren't pre-rendered).

Though I could only see these playable games only being a reality just to fill the Kingdom Hearts release schedule of "one Kingdom Hearts product each year" quota that's been happening since 2010.
That would be the best move to motivate fans to re-re-rebuy the compilations on ps5. ^^
But I think it would be possible. Although cutscenes are pre-recorded, it is not different than re:chain of memories.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
As much as I love Days, IF they were to consider remaking it, I would want an HD film. Make it 90-120 minutes long, KH3 "Let It Go" quality, and make sure to include "Roxas, that's a stick" and I would buy it.

AegisXIII

Awards
As much as I love Days, IF they were to consider remaking it, I would want an HD film. Make it 90-120 minutes long, KH3 "Let It Go" quality, and make sure to include "Roxas, that's a stick" and I would buy it.
Actually, I would like them to keep old graphics for consistency with kh2. Unless they go and remake everything (which is unlikely). But you are right. The reason, I want them to touch this title once again is because we are missing crucial scenes. Text summary should be banned. Even cutscenes with text bubles would be fine.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Actually, I would like them to keep old graphics for consistency with kh2. Unless they go and remake everything (which is unlikely). But you are right. The reason, I want them to touch this title once again is because we are missing crucial scenes. Text summary should be banned. Even cutscenes with text bubles would be fine.
Yeah, they skipped a lot of the more intimate scenes/conversations in Days for the HD film which made me sad.

Well then they can do it in KH2 "Sanctuary Intro Video" quality for the film then. I just need it to NOT have fish face.

AegisXIII

Awards
Yeah, they skipped a lot of the more intimate scenes/conversations in Days for the HD film which made me sad.

Well then they can do it in KH2 "Sanctuary Intro Video" quality for the film then. I just need it to NOT have fish face.
Fish face. The Kryptonite of every KH fan. 😆

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I'd be fine with a remake in MoM style graphics. So many good scenes did not make it into the movie. How can you not animate Lexaeus's legendary child abuse smack? That's like the only noteworthy thing the man has done all series, and they couldn't be bothered to put it in the movie?

I second the notion of no fish face.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Worse case scenario, they could just emulate it. Game doesn't look that bad in HD:

Obviously 2D elements like the HUD & menu would have to be updated, but that's about it.

That said, if they were to do a full-on remake:

1. Don't have Story & Mission modes share every mission. This is the biggest fundamental problem IMO. Every multiplayer mission has to first be cleared in story mode. This means that
A. Mission Mode has no exclusive/unique content &
B. Story Mode is padded longer than it should because it had to contain every mission in the game.

This was ridiculously shortsighted planning that made BOTH modes suffer. Story needed to be leaner & to the point. Multiplayer needed a wealth of new content for players to experience. Story goes on for what feels like forever & when it's over, there's nothing new to actually do in Mission.

What makes this even crazier is that Nomura said they originally planned a full 358 missions & a Pinocchio world but had to cut those because Story Mode was getting too big. Well then why not make all that Mission exclusive?! A whole new Disney world would be a hell of an incentive for players to keep playing.

Honestly, if anything, Days should've been structured like Crisis Core: chapter based main campaign with 300+ side missions that fill in tertiary plot details.

2. More Disney Bosses. Really, only Pete & Oogie's brats? Everybody jumps on KH3's case when Days was so much worse about it. Put in Hades, Add Hook, have the Queen of Hearts grow big from an Eat Me cookie. & most of all, have Gaston in it, make it that the reason Beast even listens to Xaldin to begin with is because they saved his life from Gaston's attack. If Pinocchio comes back, throw in Honest John or Monstro.

3. Do more with Disney characters/worlds. Peter Pan doesn't even appear in his own world for Pete's sake! The whole "org members keeping out of sight for continuity reasons" doesn't hold water when half the worlds in this game weren't even in KH2. What would it matter if Roxas & Pan met? Or him & Beast when Beast already knows of Xaldin? In fact, why did we never see Xaldin & Beast meet on-screen? Literally the main reason that world was included to begin with & they didn't show it!

Have this whole arc where Roxas finds Jafar's lamp in the Cave of Wonders & tries to wish for Axel's return (with this happening when Axel was persumed dead). Xigbar tries to manipulate Roxas into making wishes for his goals & Jafar tries to find ways to screw them both over & get wished free.

4. Rebalance characters. Magic heavy characters are screwed when they run out of spells, attack heavy characters don't have that problem. Also, how is it that Goofy & Vexen both have average defense when they're the ones with shields?

5. Make other characters besides Roxas playable in Story. It's weird that the game doesn't actually utilize its biggest gameplay hook in the story mode & only has you being 1 out of 19 playable characters. Let us be Xemnas & learn more about his schemes 1st hand or something.

6. Add Christmas Town. Because I have a weird desire to see Xigbar in an elf costume wielding candy cane arrowguns. & now you do too.

7. Unlockable alt costumes for everyone. By this point, we've seen every playable character except Demyx & Luxord in different duds & Nomura's probably has ideas for those 2 as well.
Xenmas-Dalmatian er, zebra suit
Xigbar-RG guard
Xaldin-RG guard
Vexen-lab coat
Lexaeus-RG guard
Zexion-lab coat
Saix-KH3 ending clothes
Axel-KH3 ending clothes
Demyx-???
Luxord-Limo driver
Marluxia-Daybreak clothes
Larxene-Daybreak clothes
Roxas-Twilight Town clothes
Xion-KH3 ending clothes
Sora-DDD
Riku-KH1
Goofy-Castle guard
Donald-Castle mage
Mickey-KH2

8. Kairi, TAV, Ansem SoD, & YX as playable. Because why not? More alts:
Kairi-KH2/KH3 clothes, pending on which is default
Terra-Armor
Aqua-Armor
Ven-Armor
Ansem SoD-Org coat (this costume used for another phase of the Riku & Roxas duel)
YX-Destiny Islands clothes

9. Better final battle between Roxas & Riku. Wow, Riku was a pushover. I get that Xion was meant to be the spiritual final boss of the game, but there still could've been more done with Riku. That was the fight the series had been hyping since the 1st game, it needed a bigger payoff & not be a super easy fight that felt like an afterthought following Xion.

10. Both splitscreen & online. I'm a stickler for local multiplayer. Square may want a Switch version for local handheld play like the original version too.

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Worse case scenario, they could just emulate it. Game doesn't look that bad in HD:

Obviously 2D elements like the HUD & menu would have to be updated, but that's about it.

That said, if they were to do a full-on remake:

1. Don't have Story & Mission modes share every mission. This is the biggest fundamental problem IMO. Every multiplayer mission has to first be cleared in story mode. This means that
A. Mission Mode has no exclusive/unique content &
B. Story Mode is padded longer than it should because it had to contain every mission in the game.

This was ridiculously shortsighted planning that made BOTH modes suffer. Story needed to be leaner & to the point. Multiplayer needed a wealth of new content for players to experience. Story goes on for what feels like forever & when it's over, there's nothing new to actually do in Mission.

What makes this even crazier is that Nomura said they originally planned a full 358 missions & a Pinocchio world but had to cut those because Story Mode was getting too big. Well then why not make all that Mission exclusive?! A whole new Disney world would be a hell of an incentive for players to keep playing.

Honestly, if anything, Days should've been structured like Crisis Core: chapter based main campaign with 300+ side missions that fill in tertiary plot details.

2. More Disney Bosses. Really, only Pete & Oogie's brats? Everybody jumps on KH3's case when Days was so much worse about it. Put in Hades, Add Hook, have the Queen of Hearts grow big from an Eat Me cookie. & most of all, have Gaston in it, make it that the reason Beast even listens to Xaldin to begin with is because they saved his life from Gaston's attack. If Pinocchio comes back, throw in Honest John or Monstro.

3. Do more with Disney characters/worlds. Peter Pan doesn't even appear in his own world for Pete's sake! The whole "org members keeping out of sight for continuity reasons" doesn't hold water when half the worlds in this game weren't even in KH2. What would it matter if Roxas & Pan met? Or him & Beast when Beast already knows of Xaldin? In fact, why did we never see Xaldin & Beast meet on-screen? Literally the main reason that world was included to begin with & they didn't show it!

Have this whole arc where Roxas finds Jafar's lamp in the Cave of Wonders & tries to wish for Axel's return (with this happening when Axel was persumed dead). Xigbar tries to manipulate Roxas into making wishes for his goals & Jafar tries to find ways to screw them both over & get wished free.

4. Rebalance characters. Magic heavy characters are screwed when they run out of spells, attack heavy characters don't have that problem. Also, how is it that Goofy & Vexen both have average defense when they're the ones with shields?

5. Make other characters besides Roxas playable in Story. It's weird that the game doesn't actually utilize its biggest gameplay hook in the story mode & only has you being 1 out of 19 playable characters. Let us be Xemnas & learn more about his schemes 1st hand or something.

6. Add Christmas Town. Because I have a weird desire to see Xigbar in an elf costume wielding candy cane arrowguns. & now you do too.

7. Unlockable alt costumes for everyone. By this point, we've seen every playable character except Demyx & Luxord in different duds & Nomura's probably has ideas for those 2 as well.
Xenmas-Dalmatian er, zebra suit
Xigbar-RG guard
Xaldin-RG guard
Vexen-lab coat
Lexaeus-RG guard
Zexion-lab coat
Saix-KH3 ending clothes
Axel-KH3 ending clothes
Demyx-???
Luxord-Limo driver
Marluxia-Daybreak clothes
Larxene-Daybreak clothes
Roxas-Twilight Town clothes
Xion-KH3 ending clothes
Sora-DDD
Riku-KH1
Goofy-Castle guard
Donald-Castle mage
Mickey-KH2

8. Kairi, TAV, Ansem SoD, & YX as playable. Because why not? More alts:
Kairi-KH2/KH3 clothes, pending on which is default
Terra-Armor
Aqua-Armor
Ven-Armor
Ansem SoD-Org coat (this costume used for another phase of the Riku & Roxas duel)
YX-Destiny Islands clothes

9. Better final battle between Roxas & Riku. Wow, Riku was a pushover. I get that Xion was meant to be the spiritual final boss of the game, but there still could've been more done with Riku. That was the fight the series had been hyping since the 1st game, it needed a bigger payoff & not be a super easy fight that felt like an afterthought following Xion.

10. Both splitscreen & online. I'm a stickler for local multiplayer. Square may want a Switch version for local handheld play like the original version too.
This is the length of many people's wishlist for KH3. So unfortunately expect it to not happen at all if they reDO Days.

Back