• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

If the Master of Masters ends up as a new character, do you think he needs his own game or movie like X Back Cover?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

EighteenEighty

Awards
Think about it, it will finally reveal the contents of his past.
  1. How did the boy call himself the Master of Masters since according to Luxu MoM doesn't have a master of his own?
  2. MoM training the Foretellers and their original names?
  3. The First Keyblade War?
  4. How did the X-Blade shattered into 20 pieces?
  5. Origins of the 13 Willful Darknesses?
  6. How did the 13 Willful Darknesses killed MoM's family and friends?
  7. How does the Realm of Unreality connected to MoM's past?

Kokoko253

Awards
I think 2 will be revealed through flashbacks in the game where we fight the Foretellers, maybe KH 4 or 5.
Didn't 4 happen during the x era? How come we have almost no info on that? If it has something to do with the Foreltellers, we might see it in flashbacks in the game centered around them.
I think unreality is not connected to MoM's past. In his conversation with a Darkness, it seemed like it was a new discovery for him.

1, 3, 5 and 6 can easily be answered in a new multiplayer game. But please, not mobile this time, make it into a FFXIV style MMORPG. You can take on the role of one of MoM's friends when he was a boy, go on adventures, fight Darkness, etc.

cakito123

Awards
There are a lot of things I don't like in dark seeker saga, but I really like that you can construct xehanort's timeline piece by piece through the saga. Almost as if he is the true protagonist behind it all - but he is always dangerous and evil so that's a justification for him to be boss-able and not be a playable character.

So I don't think I'd like a game that reveals everything from the MoM at once in a nice little box. I'd prefer the series to stick to the formula of learning important pieces of lore from the villain by playing through the WHOLE saga

EighteenEighty

Awards
Didn't 4 happen during the x era? How come we have almost no info on that? If it has something to do with the Foreltellers, we might see it in flashbacks in the game centered around them.
The Keyblade War of the Foretellers is not about the x-blade. The shattering of the X-Blade happened in MoM's past. MoM said that the Keyblade War is still ongoing since his childhood but according to him, there's a possibility that the war of the Foretellers might finally end the Keyblade War. But in reality, it didn't.

So now we have:

1. The Keyblade War that shattered the X-Blade.

2. The MoM's Keyblade War = The eternal war against light and darkness.

3. The Foreteller's Keyblade War destroyed the world.

4. The mini Keyblade War in BbS between TAV and MX.

5. The Keyblade War in KH3.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Not every character deserves a game. I know KH's storytelling basically makes it seem like you need to have your own game to get a storyline/screentime, but it shouldn't be this way.

If The Master of Masters is the next main villain, they should just find better ways of building him up during the course of the game (KH3D2 or KH4). I think it will be a nice change of pace for KH to rework the formula and have a villain that doesn't stay hidden/offscreen for the majority of the game until the ending. It worked for Ansem because he was the surprise "true villain", but Xemnas was pretty much an after thought until the end of the game (and the Hollow Bastion fight). The main villain should be present/felt in some way throughout the game to build up to the climax. KH has yet to achieve that successfully (maybe Marluxia in KHCoM, Xion/Riku in Days or the Norts in 3D).

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
Not really. KH used to leave a lot to interpretation, imagination and implication.

That sense of dwelling on the threshold of knowledge but not really getting there instilled this awesome sense of liminalily that has disappeared since everything became overexplained and didactic.

Knowing everything about MoM would make him even more boring than he is now.

EighteenEighty

Awards
Not every character deserves a game. I know KH's storytelling basically makes it seem like you need to have your own game to get a storyline/screentime, but it shouldn't be this way.

If The Master of Masters is the next main villain, they should just find better ways of building him up during the course of the game (KH3D2 or KH4). I think it will be a nice change of pace for KH to rework the formula and have a villain that doesn't stay hidden/offscreen for the majority of the game until the ending. It worked for Ansem because he was the surprise "true villain", but Xemnas was pretty much an after thought until the end of the game (and the Hollow Bastion fight). The main villain should be present/felt in some way throughout the game to build up to the climax. KH has yet to achieve that successfully (maybe Marluxia in KHCoM, Xion/Riku in Days or the Norts in 3D).
Well, Xehanort had his own game so why not MoM?

cakito123

Awards

Mostly agree, just wanted to add that Xemnas in KH2 and Xehanort in BBS did appeared through all its respective games quite a lot. Thats why fighting their boss battles at the end was so emocional and good.
Thats not an argument, xehanort having a game right now is just really... bad. His story is over, we know how he dies and how he borns, and know that him and eraqus is really really friends and all that happens in their relationship.

Honestly I don't know if that's only my PoV, but Dark Road doesn't seem the type of game you could put side by side with any game we had so far. It just doesn't tell much story we didn't know. I thought we'd have a in depth story around Scala ad caelum, but nah...

Dark road reaaally feels more like a mini story created only to touch on new beats of the story that actually matters only for the next saga. Xehanort is done here although he is the protagonist, and knowing all about him sound redundant because the whole Dark seeker saga was about understanding Xehanort. We know all that matters about him already.

A game about MoM that reveals everyhting would only kill the mystery in one story and game. Sounds boring.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Xehanort got his own game because honestly it makes sense. He's had his fingers on basically everything we've seen in the KH series so far (even No Name that appeared in the KHUX era). Also, the game isn't so much about him, but more so about introducing new ideas/details for the future of the series. It can be assumed (or should I say that I assume) that Xehanort was manipulated/lead by Luxu to the Keyblade War in KH3. That means his whole life was probably carefully guided by Luxu - which we will probably find out later in the series how or why the events of Dark Road are relevant to future entries.

It wouldn't make sense to give the MoM a full game now. For starters, it's weird to play as the main villain... before he is properly introduced into the main series. Also, it will give away any mystery about the MoM. Xehanort's story was done. Why reveal everything about the MoM before he event meets Sora?
Mostly agree, just wanted to add that Xemnas in KH2 and Xehanort in BBS did appeared through all its respective games quite a lot. Thats why fighting their boss battles at the end was so emocional and good.

Thats not an argument, xehanort having a game right now is just really... bad. His story is over, we know how he dies and how he borns, and know that him and eraqus is really really friends and all that happens in their relationship.

Honestly I don't know if that's only my PoV, but Dark Road doesn't seem the type of game you could put side by side with any game we had so far. It just doesn't tell much story we didn't know. I thought we'd have a in depth story around Scala ad caelum, but nah...

Dark road reaaally feels more like a mini story created only to touch on new beats of the story that actually matters only for the next saga. Xehanort is done here although he is the protagonist, and knowing all about him sound redundant because the whole Dark seeker saga was about understanding Xehanort. We know all that matters about him already.

A game about MoM that reveals everyhting would only kill the mystery in one story and game. Sounds boring.
Xemnas... not so much. Xehanort did appear frequently... however, neither were really active antagonists. Xemnas was definitely not active because we weren't even sure what his goal was until halfway through the game AND after his goal was revealed, he didn't really do anything about it. He just left Sora to go back to Disney worlds (no storyline reason why) until Twilight Town is unlocked and the main story continues. Xehanort had Vanitas doing his work, but he could have done more to influence Terra. We could have seen him setting up events in the Disney worlds to have Terra fall for the darkness, instead of just the Disney worlds coincidentally having moments that have Terra turn to darkness.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Honestly after Dark Road ends I want a long break from prequel titles in this series for awhile. I'm tired of Kingdom Hearts being so heavily tied down by these ancient storylines that happened in the past and trying to connect it. I want some present-day KH stories that are happening now. Create some new villains of today.

On paper a MoM backstory sounds fun given his charismatic character. But what we'll likely get is a MoM backstory game where it's revealed he was associated with someone who goes on to inspire MoM to do his thing, and set himself up as KH5/6's future boss with a plan that predates Union X. Ventus or someone who looks like him will show up along with Xigbar/Luxu under a different name and face and we'll learn he's even older then the Master of Masters and has some kind of memory loss of this time period. Also somewhere in there will be the "13 Morally Greys of Darkness vs the 7 Paopu Crowns of Light." complete with a new X-Blade or True Dandelion counterpart to keep you guessing how it'll come into play.

As much as I love the Master of Masters at this point I'm hesitant on character backstories now. Learning more about Xehanort was both a blessing and a curse.

cakito123

Awards
Xemnas... not so much. Xehanort did appear frequently... however, neither were really active antagonists. Xemnas was definitely not active because we weren't even sure what his goal was until halfway through the game AND after his goal was revealed, he didn't really do anything about it. He just left Sora to go back to Disney worlds (no storyline reason why) until Twilight Town is unlocked and the main story continues. Xehanort had Vanitas doing his work, but he could have done more to influence Terra. We could have seen him setting up events in the Disney worlds to have Terra fall for the darkness, instead of just the Disney worlds coincidentally having moments that have Terra turn to darkness.

I see your point.
Neither stories from the games puts them as a menacing face for the protagonists, but my point is they at least appear all the time and are exposed to us players a lot, which is the build up for the end. Between worlds on their giant chairs talking dark gibberish so the player can at least feel something is coming, with random appearances of Org XIII's in disney worlds...
Xehanort also didn't really was active in BBS until the last battle, but I remember playing through the game with the 3 characters and really understanding that the center and focus of the story is around Xehanort's evil shenanigans, you can feel he is powerful and that he is planning something, so when you get to the end you can actually feel the pay-off that the story was going for throughough TAV's journeys.

That's really different from KH3's xehanort, where we only see him in the end of the game and when it is supposed to be a pay off from a build up, it feels more like starting a build up in the end - which is bad, and that's why the supposed pay off didn't really hit hard as it could for many people...

I also felt the same with DDD - but I think they managed to make it better than KH3 in that sense - because Sora's last world in TWTNW can feel like a build up for something that is about to happen in the end - that being Riku saving Sora's ass from being norted. However the villain's random appearances through Disney worlds are really cheap and deliver basically anything .-. but at least there was SOME build up to the end, so it feels a little satisfying to get there.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I see your point.
Neither stories from the games puts them as a menacing face for the protagonists, but my point is they at least appear all the time and are exposed to us players a lot, which is the build up for the end. Between worlds on their giant chairs talking dark gibberish so the player can at least feel something is coming, with random appearances of Org XIII's in disney worlds...
Xehanort also didn't really was active in BBS until the last battle, but I remember playing through the game with the 3 characters and really understanding that the center and focus of the story is around Xehanort's evil shenanigans, you can feel he is powerful and that he is planning something, so when you get to the end you can actually feel the pay-off that the story was going for throughough TAV's journeys.

That's really different from KH3's xehanort, where we only see him in the end of the game and when it is supposed to be a pay off from a build up, it feels more like starting a build up in the end - which is bad, and that's why the supposed pay off didn't really hit hard as it could for many people...

I also felt the same with DDD - but I think they managed to make it better than KH3 in that sense - because Sora's last world in TWTNW can feel like a build up for something that is about to happen in the end - that being Riku saving Sora's ass from being norted. However the villain's random appearances through Disney worlds are really cheap and deliver basically anything .-. but at least there was SOME build up to the end, so it feels a little satisfying to get there.
I actually felt more satisfied in KH3 going to fight Xehanort than I did Xemnas in KH2. The sole reason why is that Xehanort in KH3 had the advantage of basically every game in the series leading up to this fight - in one way or another. This isn't commentary on KH3's plot/pacing because that was problematic. Rather, Xehanort in KH3 had it easier to be seen as the final villain since, well, he was the final villain that we've been waiting to beat with Sora since we discovered all the background stuff he's been doing. Xemnas suffered because he was an absolute mystery (barely referenced - not even by name - in CoM) and his game basically had him appear a handful of times at the start of the game, then vanish for a few hours with only brief/meaningless Organization member encounters, then reappear for the middle of the game for an epic moment, then vanish again for hours, then reappear for the end of the game (Twilight Town into TWTNW).

You're right about BbS Xehanort which I think worked for a side game. Xehanort wasn't established as THE main villain yet and at the time of BbS' release, we assumed that all the Norts were dead (and couldn't come back). Back in the BbS days (lol), I actually took BbS as Xehanort's backstory game, as well as fleshing out the keyblade's lore.

To circle back to this thread... it would be painfully repetitive to have another villain just pop in at the start of the game, vanish, have cutscenes babbling vague nonsense far away, then pop in again a few hours later, rinse and repeat until the final boss fight. I say Nomura, switch it up. DISNEY doesn't want to give you boss fights in worlds, then throw some Foretellers in there. I think that would be a creative way to re-use older worlds that many fans claim are "done to death". It would also help maintain MoM's presence in an active way throughout. I mean, like you said about them talking gibberish on giant chairs... I let Nomura get away with that with the Organization because seemingly everyone had their own agenda and/or it was to their benefit to not give all details to each other. But if you really think about it, why would partners in a group talk to each other so vaguely? The sole reason why is because it's a cutscene for the players to watch, but Nomura doesn't want to give away anything. I'm really hoping for a change in how the villain(s) are handled in future KH games.

The mystery worked for Xehanort and right now it works for the MoM, especially because we were hyped to KH3... but now that KH3 and ReMIND are done, it's time for the MoM to stop being so mysterious. I know part of the reason Xehanort was so mysterious was (realistically) that Nomura was making it up as he went on/didn't know where he wanted to go with the story, but had ideas that he wanted to introduce. I'm hoping that Nomura knows where he wants to go, that way the MoM can be handled properly and thus not need his own game or movie.

EighteenEighty

Awards
I see that some of you guys are in the minority but hear me out the reason why I started this post is that I have a feeling that it might happen in the future one day, maybe not before the release of KH4 maybe AFTER KH4, and before the release of KH5/6. Nomura sometimes likes to make things complicated by giving us more questions than answers, but sometimes most answers will get revealed anyway. I want MoM to reveal his identity in KH4, and we also don't even know if the guy is actually an ally or a villain, an established or a new character. The secret endings of KH always reveal a future title that might end in a plot and turn it into a spin-off game.

For example:
  • KH1 Secret ending shows us the events of KH358/2 Days where Roxas is fighting the Pureblood Heartless along with Riku.
  • KH2 Secret ending shows us the events of KHBBS where TVA faces Master Xehanort and Vanitas in the Keyblade Graveyard
  • KH3 Secret ending shows us the events of (possible spin-off game before KH4) where Sora and Riku traveled into a world where no voices can reach and will meet some new faces like Yozora and possibly MoM.

Now imagine a secret ending in KH4 where they possibly revealed a scene:
A young boy along with his friends faced these 13 shadows. The 13 shadows rejected their physical forms losing their sense of will ended up killing these young boys' friends. The young boy grew up wise and became a Master of his own trained his own 6 apprentices to use them as a pawn in order to destroy the 13 Darknesses that killed his allies.

I know some of you guys disagree with the idea of MoM revealing his origin in a form of a game/movie, but I actually don't mind if it happens as long it's not a mobile game.

Back