• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

If Melody of Memory got a sequel or DLC what new tracks would you like to see included?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SweetYetSalty

Awards
]

His sorcerer form fights in Re:Coded.
Well that's what I get for not actually playing ReCoded. Had no idea they reused that song, nobody ever talk about it unless it's Ruler of the Sky talk.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Well that's what I get for not actually playing ReCoded. Had no idea they reused that song, nobody ever talk about it unless it's Ruler of the Sky talk.
HAND definitely took a few shortcuts and reused boss tracks from Days. Probably why Genie Jafar, Hades, and Dragon Maleficent all had V&V.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I associate “The Deep End” with Ursula more than other bosses because it’s the first time the track appears.

But I suppose one thing they could do is have you fight Disney villains to their general world battle themes (or any of the new versions there have been of them over time). Oogie to “Spooks in Halloween Town,” Jafar to “Arabian Daydream,” Maleficent to “The Rustling Forest,” Hades to “What Lies Beneath,” Ursula to “Adventure in Atlantica,” and Hook to “Pirate’s Gigue.”

Zackarix

Awards
If we're going to discuss the maximum number of hypothetical boss battles the best place to start would be to have a list of all the boss themes that includes things like which games they debuted in and what characters they were used for. This wiki page seems like a good place to start.

Wait a second that list has made me realize that Xehanort has a character theme that didn't make it into MoM. That's a glaring omission, where's his memory dive?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I associate “The Deep End” with Ursula more than other bosses because it’s the first time the track appears.

But I suppose one thing they could do is have you fight Disney villains to their general world battle themes (or any of the new versions there have been of them over time). Oogie to “Spooks in Halloween Town,” Jafar to “Arabian Daydream,” Maleficent to “The Rustling Forest,” Hades to “What Lies Beneath,” Ursula to “Adventure in Atlantica,” and Hook to “Pirate’s Gigue.”
Think that really only works for He's a Pirate, as the song was literally used for the final duel in the film.

Last edited:

Zackarix

Awards
A (incomplete, I'm using the wiki for reference so if it's not up to date neither am I) list of boss themes and what they're used for, organized by the game they were introduced in:

Kingdom Hearts 1:
  • Destiny's Force: Darkside, Opposite Armor, Genie Jafar, Parasite Cage, Oogie's Manor, Phantom, and Behemoth in KH1. Darkside and Dark Follower in Days. Ice Colossus and Hades in BbS. Neo Darkside in Coded. Darkside in 0.2. This theme is most heavily associated with Darkside fights
  • Shrouding Dark Cloud: Guard Armor, Trickmaster, Cloud, Pot Centipede, Parasite Cage, and AntiSora in KH1. Veil Lizard, Antlion, and Xion (First Form) in Days. A bunch of Mirage Arena battles and Zack in BbS. All the bosses in the original Coded, but only Guard armor in the remake. Tyranto Rex in DDD
  • Squirming Evil: Cerberus, Hades, Clayton and the Stealth Sneak, Jafar, Ursula and Flotsam and Jetsam, Oogie Boogie, Captain Hook, and Maleficent
  • The Deep End: Rock Titan, Ice Titan, Kurt Zisa, Giant Ursula, Dragon Maleficent, and Ansem
  • Forze del Male: Riku and Ansem in KH1. Dark Riku in KH3
  • Guardando nel buio: World of Chaos in KH1. Sora's Heartless in Coded
  • One-Winged Angel: Sephiroth in KH1 and KH2
  • Night on Bald Mountain: Chernabog in KH1 and DDD
  • Disappeared: Xemnas in KH1 and KH2
Chain of Memories:
  • Struggle Away: Guard Armor, Trickmaster, Parasite Cage, and Darkside
  • The Fight for my Friends: Hades, Genie Jafar, Ursula, Oogie Boogie, Captain Hook, and Dragon Maleficent in CoM. Ruler of the Sky in Days
  • Face It!: Cloud and Ursula
  • The Force in You: Riku Replica
  • Graceful Assassin: Marluxia
  • Scythe of Petals: Marluxia
  • Lord of the Castle: Marluxia
Kingdom Hearts II:
  • The 13th Struggle: Axel, Larxene, Vexen, Lexaeus, and Zexion in CoM. Axel, Mysterious Man, and Luxord in KH2
  • Tension Rising: Twilight Thorn, Beast, and Demyx
  • Desire for All That Is Lost: Dark Thorn, Hydra, Pete, Volcanic Lord and Blizzard Lord
  • Dance to the Death: Possessor/Thresholder, Shadow Stalker, Prison Keeper and Lock, Shock, and Barrel
  • Vim and Vigor: Shan-Yu, Cerberus, Barbossa, and Hades in KH2. Infernal Engine, Leechgrave, and Xion in Days. Magic Mirror, Experiment 221, and Peter Pan in BbS. Genie Jafar and Dragon Maleficent in Coded. Raging Vulture and Catastrochorus in KH3
  • Rowdy Rumble: Pete, Lock, Shock, and Barrel, Shenzi, Banzai, and Ed in KH2. Pete and Xigbar in Days. Lucifer in BbS. Pete in Coded. Beagle Boys and Pete in DDD. Chaos Carriage in KH3. Seems to be heavily associated with Pete
  • The Encounter: Hades, Genie Jafar, Oogie Boogie, Scar, Sark and the MCP in KH2. Maleficent, Captain Hook, Gantu, and Ice Colossus in BbS. Julius in DDD. Rock troll and Metal Troll in KH3
  • Sinister Shadows: Grim Reaper, Sark, and 1000 Heartless in KH2. Darkubes and 1000 Heartless in KH3
  • The 13th Dilemma: Demyx, Xaldin, Xigbar, and Saix in KH2. Xigbar in KH3
  • A Fight to the Death: Xemnas in KH2. Saix and Xion in KH3
  • Darkness of the Unknown: Xemnas
  • The 13th Reflection: Vexen, Lexaeus, Zexion, Larxene, and Marluxia's Absent Silhouettes
  • The Other Promise: Roxas
  • Rage Awakened: Lingering Will in KH2. Terra-Xehanort in BbS
358/2 Days:
  • Critical Drive: Saix
  • Fight and Away: Dustflier, Xion, Crimson Pranksters, and Ruler of the Sky in Days. Cerberus, Rock Titan, Behemoth, Ice Titan, and Jafar in Coded
  • Vector to the Heavens: Xion
  • Another Side -Battle Ver.-: Riku
Birth by Sleep:
  • Extreme Encounters: Zack and Cursed Coach
  • Unforgettable: Mad Treant, Trinity Armor, Iron Imprisoners, and Mimic Master in BbS. Lump of Horror in KH3
  • The Tumbling: Wheel Master, Symphony Master, and Metamorphosis
  • Enter the Darkness: Vanitas
  • Black Powder: Braig, Master Xehanort and Vanitas
  • Unbreakable Chains: Vanitas
  • Dismiss: Terra-Xehanort
  • The Key: Ventus-Vanitas
  • Enter the Void: Vanitas Remnant
  • Dark Impetus: Unknown
  • Hunter of the Dark: Dark Hide in BbS. Demon Tower in 0.2 and KH3
  • Master, Tell Me the Truth: Armor of Eraqus
  • Forze dell'Oscurita: No Heart
Dream Drop Distance:
  • UNTAMABLE: Hockomonkey, Wargoyle, Char Clawbster, and Holey Moley
  • Rinzler Recompiled: Rinzler
  • Gigabyte Mantis: Commantis
  • Ice-hot Lobster: Chill Clawbster and Char Clawbster
  • L'Oscurità dell'Ignoto: Xemnas
  • The Dread of Night: Anti Black Coat
  • L'Eminenza Oscura I & II: Ansem
  • L'Impeto Oscuro: Young Xehanort
  • The Eye of Darkness: Armored Ventus Nightmare
  • L'Apprenti Sorcier: Spellican
That's all for now. The wiki pages for the KH3 soundtrack are incomplete. Regardless, I hope this helps in boss battle discussion.

Last edited:

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
  • Face It!: Cloud and Ursula
I knew there was a theme that was (mostly) specific to Ursula in CoM, but couldn't remember which one it was. I think I'd prefer that over "An Adventure in Atlantica," as far as the list in my last post goes.

I can't remember, but what is the music that plays while you briefly fight her in 3D's tutorial? Was it "Night of Fate"?

Zackarix

Awards
I appreciate the fact that MoM doesn't rely too heavily on remixes (unlike certain other rhythm games) but I wouldn't mind having the remixes of Utada Hikaru's songs. The ending version of Sanctuary, the opening and Ray of Hope versions of Simple and Clean, and any other variations that are different enough to warrant new tracks. And Face my Fears is still a glaring omission.

Last edited:

TomReforged

Awards
Face my Fears
Simple and Clean ( Ray of Hope Remix)
Sora’s Sacrifice
Heart as One

It was disappointing they only did 4 as I was hoping we would get a boss stage for Vector to the Heavens and Lord of the Castle
Would love to see these! They could do so much with DLC. I'm surprised nothing has been shown yet.

Zackarix

Awards
Would love to see these! They could do so much with DLC. I'm surprised nothing has been shown yet.
There's a reason for that:
  • Nomura didn't want to have to add songs after the release through DLC so he asked that they could fit as many songs in as possible
As much as I'd like more MoM I'm really glad for this decision. DLC that's released at the same time or shortly after a game's release means that the content was developed at the same time as the base game and could have been part of it instead of being sold separately. And the DLC for Theatrhythm was 99 cents a track. Thanks to Nomura's intervention all the tracks that could have been DLC are in the base game instead.

MoM's success might have changed this, but if they did the DLC takes time to make. I'd say that the most likely scenario would be a bunch of KH3 tracks released around KH's 20th anniversary. But don't count on it, they could also just want to move on to their next project.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
There's a reason for that:

As much as I'd like more MoM I'm really glad for this decision. DLC that's released at the same time or shortly after a game's release means that the content was developed at the same time as the base game and could have been part of it instead of being sold separately. And the DLC for Theatrhythm was 99 cents a track. Thanks to Nomura's intervention all the tracks that could have been DLC are in the base game instead.

MoM's success might have changed this, but if they did the DLC takes time to make. I'd say that the most likely scenario would be a bunch of KH3 tracks released around KH's 20th anniversary. But don't count on it, they could also just want to move on to their next project.
Reminder: Nomura says a lot of shit.

Zackarix

Awards
Reminder: Nomura says a lot of shit.
I hope they do change their minds, that's why I made this thread, but if no DLC happens we can't say we weren't warned.

I have a theory regarding the lack of boss fights. It seems likely that having boss fights at all was a last minute edition to the game. After all, the story was a last minute edition and said story needed a final boss because this is a video game. If you're going to to have one boss fight you need more, but because this was a last minute feature they only had time to do the bare minimum. So they took the final bosses of the three numbered games and threw in Maleficent because she's the highest profile Disney boss. If the boss fights had been planned any earlier than last minute they probably would have at least had the final bosses of each game except maybe Coded.

This would explain why each boss fight has field battle version - those were the original plan before the story called for more. And if you look at the gameplay the boss fights are basically memory dives with the triangle special attack included.

Alexxio M.

Awards
Six things

1. all the songs that are missing minus the stuff from the Tarzan world because copyright
2. more boss battles
3. All the Kh UX songs
4. Remixes galore this includes the new smash remixes if there is any and fan remixes particularly project destati
5. Tewey songs and characters
6. new teams featuring the quadratum gang, Kairi with Axel and Pluto or Kairi with Naminé and Xion, the orginization and the Tewey gang

Alexxio M.

Awards
Six things

1. all the songs that are missing minus the stuff from the Tarzan world because copyright
2. more boss battles
3. All the Kh UX songs
4. Remixes galore this includes the new smash remixes if there is any and fan remixes particularly project destati
5. Tewey songs and characters
6. new teams featuring the quadratum gang, Kairi with Axel and Pluto or Kairi with Naminé and Xion, the orginization and the Tewey gang
Just thought of this
a small world would be funny

Sprouslex

Awards
I don't care so much about new tracks as I do about dome form of Critical Mode. This is the only game in the series I've beaten (or even played) on Proud difficulty, and it was easier than even Theatrhythm.

Zackarix

Awards
I don't care so much about new tracks as I do about dome form of Critical Mode. This is the only game in the series I've beaten (or even played) on Proud difficulty, and it was easier than even Theatrhythm.
This seems like an idea better suited to the non-music features thread.

But have you given performer mode a try?

Back