• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

If KH3 is successful financially could Disney look to a show on the Disney + streaming service?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

mriku90

Awards
Okay so I've been noticing on Twitter as well as at my own midnight launch that this game is going to sell very well. The lines were ridiculously long, and the people at Gamestop I went to said it was bigger then Smash Bros launch.

I really hope the success of this game makes Disney finally wake up to the true gem they have here.

What would you like Disney to do with the KH property once KH3 becomes successful?

I personally would love merchandise at the parks and a show on the Disney + service coming this year.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Seth Kearsley is actually attemtoing another pitch at the tv show. KH3's success could help raise its chances of actually being greenlit

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Seth Kearsley is actually attempting another pitch at the tv show. KH3's success could help raise its chances of actually being greenlit

Screw that, I want a Kingdom Hearts series into an anime adaptation approved by Disney+. The Xehanort Saga can be re-created as various series with supervision by Nomura.

I'm no longer interested in Seth Kearsley's idea anymore only because it's outdated.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I can't imagine the mess that KINGDOM HEARTS will be as being limited to tell a story in 22 minute long episodes.

D

Deleted member 246005

Okay so I've been noticing on Twitter as well as at my own midnight launch that this game is going to sell very well. The lines were ridiculously long, and the people at Gamestop I went to said it was bigger then Smash Bros launch.

I really hope the success of this game makes Disney finally wake up to the true gem they have here.

What would you like Disney to do with the KH property once KH3 becomes successful?

I personally would love merchandise at the parks and a show on the Disney + service coming this year.

An animated series would be cool as KH lends itself to an episodic format pretty well.

I don't know if I'd want a straight retelling of the games as I could just play those. Or binge it on youtube if I'm feeling bored so new content would be preferable.

I don't mind if being a western animated series but it's more likely to be an anime.

bagcifreak

If they do a show I want it to have its own plot. We have the games, mangas and novels. I don't think retelling the story again will serve any purpose. The show should just be about Sora and his friends going on an adventure and visiting Disney worlds. There could be a new enemy and stuff and the whole show could be a sub-plot of the overall KH story but I don't think it's a good idea making a (tv) show with an important story.

Onion Knight

I don't care what the Kingdom Hearts show is gonna be like as long as it uses Tetsuya Nomura's art style. I just want to see his glorious artwork animated.

Pokie

I can't imagine the mess that KINGDOM HEARTS will be as being limited to tell a story in 22 minute long episodes.

If they just do the first game, that should be simple enough. Unpopular? opinion but Kingdom Hearts doesn't get convoluted till the middle of KH2.

Neo_

Awards
In theory it should work, but to extend on what Alpha said, I think the entire thing is an outdated concept; it would be marketed towards kids because it has Donald Duck and Goofy, but the plot is far too convoluted for kids to comprehend. They missed their shot at doing this in the early 2000s, when the story was simple and clean.

As bagci said, the easiest way I think it would work would be to just use the same graphics as the cutscenes, and do short, inconsequential tales that are engaging but don't alter the entire timeline: do that episode where they go back to Galaxy Toys and fight Zurg, but the only problem is that you're taking away from stuff that could be in future games, so I don't think it's inherently obvious they should do a KH TV show; again, they missed that in the early-2000s with a nice little Disney Channel cartoon.

Last edited:
Back