• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

If keyblade transformations existed prior to III...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Soldier

Awards
Ahoy hoy,

We all love keyblade transformations right? they give Sora an edge in combat with a unique repetoire of weapons that differ greatly from his iconic key shaped broadsword. While KH 3 introduced a nice array of keyblades, it is noticeable that some of them are reskins (I'm looking at you classic note!) of ones you get in the regular adventure, but are still varied in combat to still be seperate on their own. But this got me thinking, what if keyblade transformation was a thing since KH 1? granted it would result in a very different kingdom hearts series/fanbase than we're used to, and might tax the poor ps2's harddrive with all of the extra content, but i'm thinking figuratively here. Let's say that Kingdom hearts was released on the PS4 initially, with keyblade transformations for every one of the previous keys in the series. What do you think they would be like? fighting style, shotlock, finisher?
I'll start
One of the first ones we need to address is the Lady Luck. This wonderful keyblade from wonderland has always eluded many players, but does illustrate the world's aestetic quite fittingly. I could see it shapeshifting into a deck of cards, allowing the wielder a moveset not unlike Luxord's cards. The finisher could be given a name with a double meaning, like "Royal flush" where the user sends out a swirling maelstrom of cards to slice the enemy with the razor sharp edges. For a shotlock I could see it being a rapid fire low damage output attack with a spreadshot.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I could imagine that the Metal Chocobo would give you a chocobo mount for a short time, not unlike a summon, that could heal you, make you fly, or shoot meteors across the battlefield. Its finisher would just be a chocobo rush or something, I dunno.

The lionheart would give you large lion claws that you could use for close-combat, with the finisher being a giant metal lion that would briefly rush a group of enemies and shoot fire.

The spellbinder would give Sora a lexicon not unlike Zexions that gave you a host of advanced magic, with the finisher trapping enemies in a book and banishing them. The keyblade itself would probably give you mp Hastega.

Jungle King would give you a slingshot and put you in a first-person-shooter mode where you fling projectiles at enemies. The slingshot would transform into a large vine whip that you could use to either whip enemies from far away or draw them in and finish them off with the whip transforming into a wooden sword. The finisher would have you map out a short distance where you would summon a vine slide and whip around your chosen path, smacking enemies like splash run.

Your lady luck idea is exactly what I was thinking, not gonna change it. Maybe the final move does a game of cards with an 80% chance of eradicating a tough enemy.

Oathkeeper will be cool: the blade transforms into a large pair of wings that grip onto your arms while the handle transforms into a giant bow and arrow. The bow, since it is attacking from a high point, will be in a first-person mode, and will shoot arrows of light that can either mark enemies for increased damage by party members or detonate after being planted. The finisher is an attack that summons 1,000 arrows in a small circle, cleansing that area of darkness.

Oblivion will be very different in approach. The oblivion will come in two different forms: the first formchange will have Sora coat himself in a black armor and become a heavy character. The jewel on the hilt of the keyblade will be on the forehead of his armor, and Sora will lose jumping while gaining increased defense, a greatly increased attack stat, and the ability to guard attacks and give huge reprisals by rushing enemies. The second form will have a great cinematic where darkness will seep from the armor and smash it, giving Sora less defense while severely increasing his attack stat. Since you don't gain oblivion until after Sora's sacrifice, Sora's transformation will greatly resemble anti-form, being the first sign of Sora struggling with darkness. Sora will also have a glowing red greatsword in this transformation that can slam enemies into the earth, as well as an anti-glide. His finisher will consist of Sora creating a burst of darkness in a ring, followed by him breaking out of his anti-form with a massive burst of light.

Whoo, that one was fun! Anyways, more keyblades!

One-winged angel will have Sora take on a unique form that gives him clothing resembling Shogunite armor. The keyblade's blade extends out to a flaming katana, which Sora can wield to deal fire damage from far across the field. The finisher is called one-winged angel and is similar to Sephiroth's most powerful attack, but not quite as devastating.

Diamond dust will have two forms. The first will give Sora icy gloves that he can use to shoot icicles at far-away enemies. The cool thing about this form is that Sora will increase the damage of his icicles if he uses an aero spell and he cannot use fire spells when in this form. The second form will give Sora a large icy flail that he can wield to smack enemies with mighty force. The finisher sends an icy storm across the field that freezes enemies.

Three Wishes will turn Sora's keyblade into a large scimitar that he can use to break enemy defenses. For example, the scimitar will either cut the coat off of a large body or fat bandit to break their defense or will cut the shield of the defender clear in half. Unfortunately, while he has this scimitar, his ability to jump will be removed, while the chance of him getting knocked into the air will also be nullified. The finisher will have Sora coat a small section of the field in a purple fog, confusing and trapping the enemies in it, with Sora slicing the fog five or six times to kill the enemies trapped.

I originally wanted to make the pumpkinhead a keyblade that gave you a power that would put enemies to sleep and give them nightmares, but then I realized that the weapon would become repetitive and practically useless against enemies. Maybe this one would also be a scary looking flail? And the finisher could be a bunch of ghosts swimming around and homing in on enemies?

Crabclaw would give you a diving ability like Ariel's KHIII summon. The keyblade would give you a mermaid tail and cover the field in a shallow ocean where you can dive and attack enemies. The finisher would transform the keyblade into a trident where you would coat the ocean in electricity, dealing massive damage to the enemies below.

Fairy harp would give you a massive magic boost and a pipe flute that would attack enemies, much like a bard from the final fantasy games. I think. Tbh, no good ideas about this one.

Olympia would give you giant hercules fists. Think God of War III's Nemian Gloves (or whatever they were called). The finisher would be like Hercules' finisher during his fight, where you create a large circle of light that damages enemies in its radius.

Divine Rose would give you two different forms. The first would be an elegant rapier with a red and green handle that would have a parry feature, allowing you to perform a finisher on an enemy by successfully parrying their blow. The second form would turn your rapier into an ornate, vibrant greatsword that drags on the ground as you walk with it, taking away your jump but coating any area you walk through in a thin layer of ensnaring vines. The finisher would trap various enemies around the field in vines and give them a death counter as an animation of a rose losing its petals appears in the right corner of your screen. When the last petal falls, these enemies will also perish.

I really don't like the wishing star, but I guess I can come up with something for it? The wishing star will give you the blue fairy's wings and turn your keyblade into a large slingshot, allowing you to rocket large boulders into the enemy from afar. The finisher will summon a giant wooden boat made out of light to crash into the field for area-of-effect damage.

And, finally, Ultima Weapon. The ultima weapon will give Sora a pair of golden blades and transform his clothing into a radiant, golden chainmail with a crown. Sora will be extremely agile in this form, with his attacks hitting like a truck. Sora will also be able to fly across the field, with his dodge roll being replaced with a teleport that brings him to the nearest enemy. Sora's finisher will have him summon a large crown underneath him that will be pierced with 1,000's of blades of light.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Circle of Life from Pridelands keyblade would give Sora claw like gauntlets. With the finisher being Sora turning into his Lion proto form and lunging at his opponents, creating a shockwave in the process. If they ever use Pridelands in the future hopefully that keyblade is something like that

Soldier

Awards
Great work grono, love the ideas. few things:
I could see the pumpkinhead transforming into a cage filled with bats (like the bat that makes up the teeth) that Sora can release on the heartless in large swarms. It could be similar to the Ever After keyblade, releasing a bat every time you dodge roll that can unleash a sonic scream when you attack. The finisher can have the cage go out of control, releasing a wave like swarm to sweep through the foes and dealing damage until they fly back inside the cage and the keyblade returns to normal.

Maybe the wishing star becomes a ****oo clock similar to the ones gepetto makes. The attack could involve the bird being shot out of the door to peck enemies relentlessly. The finisher could have the bird extend it's attack range with Sora performing a 360 spin that can bring enemies close, then end it off with the shooting of gears.

for the final fantasy keyblades in KH 2, I've got a few ideas.
The sleeping lion transforms into a gunblade similar to Leons, with a few key differences. being a gunblade in a game that tries to limit violence, it can only shoot fireballs instead of bullets. The finisher can be a recreation of blasting zone, with a few flairs exclusive to sora.

Fenrir can be either a buster sword or a motorcycle. If a motorcycle I can see it acting similar to the Icycle from final fantasy 13. if a buster sword, it can give Sora cloud's omnislash.

Guardian soul can give sora a large broadsword that can sweep foes away with wide slashes.

Back