• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

If Emperor’s New Groove was in KH3, would it be TOO similar to Corona?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Perkilator

Awards
Just as the title says; I’ve been thinking about it recently and I’ve been wondering if they’re a bit too similar to each other. What’s your guys’ opinion on the matter?

SerDuncan

Hmmmmmm.... I don't really think so. I think Emperor's New Groove would actually be... one of the better Disney films in terms of original locations for translation into Kingdom Hearts. You've got tons of ancient South American culture to explore. Golden Temples, dense Jungles (that would look different from Deep Jungle, especially now), the small little village, and so much more. Yzma is a much more dynamic villain than Mother Gothel, and Kronk provides the perfect Pete to Yzma's Maleficent. In terms of similarities to Corona... I gotta be honest, and don't take this the wrong way XD, but I struggle to see what's that similar about them at all.

I'd love to see Emperor's New Groove, but if there's one that that KH3 showed me, it's that we're probably not going to be getting older Disney films anymore.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Tangled and Emperor's new Groove are night and day. Both environment, story and tone wise. Not sure why it's being compared to Corona of all things.

Besides even if there were similarities that shouldn't prevent it from being in a future title.

Perkilator

Awards
Tangled and Emperor's new Groove are night and day. Both environment, story and tone wise. Not sure why it's being compared to Corona of all things.

Besides even if there were similarities that shouldn't prevent it from being in a future title.
I was talking specifically if ENG was in KH3, but you’re definitely right.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I was talking specifically if ENG was in KH3, but you’re definitely right.

Oh sorry so didn't notice KH3 in the title.

I think it could have worked in the game. The Organization could have found some use with the animal potions.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
They aren't similar at all. The locations are vastly different both in architecture and topography, the stories are different, and the tone is VASTLY different. The only thing they might have in common with each other is...they both have royalty in them being taken somewhere for some purpose and a villain that the royal has known for most of their life?

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
They aren't similar at all. The locations are vastly different both in architecture and topography, the stories are different, and the tone is VASTLY different. The only thing they might have in common with each other is...they both have royalty in them being taken somewhere for some purpose and a villain that the royal has known for most of their life?
True, but then again it goes back to past interviews from Nomura and the development team they want to make the Disney worlds in KH3 different from one another regardless if that specific films environments and layouts are different from the other film when they become worlds which would likely explain why Emperor's New Groove Jungle Book and Wreck-It Ralph weren't included.

Think about it:
  • Olympus: Mountain/Temple level
  • Toy Box: Suburban/Toy level
  • Kingdom of Corona: Forest Greenery/Kingdom level
  • Monstropolis: Monster/Factory level
  • Arendelle: Snow/Ice Level
  • The Caribbean: Pirate/Tropics (Ocean, Jungle and Islands) level
  • San Fransokyo: Superhero/City level
  • 100 Acre Wood: Storybook/Garden level

Come to think of it I think that would explain why 100 Acre Wood was downsized to only Rabbit's House and Garden but not anywhere else as while yes the environments of Tangled and Winnie the Pooh are different from one another in terms of visuals (one being CG, the other being similar to a storybook) the one thing they shared in common is that they have areas with forest and greenery, that's just me from my observation, but of course it doesn't change much regarding why many of you felt 100 Acre Wood's world felt lackluster in the game.

Hopefully for the next KH games they aren't as restrictive and their decisions on deciding which worlds to put in will be a mixture of not just KH3 but also the previous KH games on how they choose worlds.

Last edited:

Recon

Art of War
Awards
“Pull the lever Gronk”

“Wrong lever!!”

Perkilator

Awards
Oh sorry so didn't notice KH3 in the title.

I think it could have worked in the game. The Organization could have found some use with the animal potions.
Wouldn’t it be hilarious if Demyx was the Seeker of Darkness for that world?

Starfang

I just mentioned an Emperor's New Groove world in another thread. Basically I figure it would be kind of like a mix between the Pride Lands from Kh2 (you have an animal party member and you and your party members are transformed into llamas or other animals at the beginning of the level) and Corona or Arendelle, wherein you don't actually FIGHT that world's Disney villain and instead you face off against a heartless representing them. I figure that whatever KH villain is manipulating Yzma and Kronk would eventually realize how dumb and incompetent they are and would leave them to their own devices with a heartless boss or something.

Back