• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

If CoM's Gameplay was like that of KHI, would you Like it More?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
I liked the CoM gameplay and am happy they didn't keep it the same as KH1. I especially liked all of the different sleights you could learn. I just found that going through square room after square room instead of a more open area caused it to feel repetitive and I can only play CoM/Re:CoM for about an hour at a time (whereas I can play all of the others for a few hours at a time).

It may have been the fact that /i had a higher tolerance level as a kid, I don't know. But even once we got Re:CoM I enjoyed it quite a bit. I even grinded yo max level on GBA and PS2 for no good reason whatsoever (although if I would've known I'd have an HD version with trophies for that ridiculousness, then I would have waited)

You got to max level on both? Have you done it for 1.5 yet? And does the GBA version go to level 99? Questions, questions. :D

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
You got to max level on both? Have you done it for 1.5 yet? And does the GBA version go to level 99? Questions, questions. :D

Yep, I maxed out on both! On Re:CoM, I may have only maxed out Riku, and had just been working on Sora... I kinda want to go check now, but I'm fairly certain I completed both on Ps2. On GBA, I know I did both though. And yep! GBA goes up to level 99!

For 1.5, I haven't touched Re:CoM yet. Not until I finish Final Mix all up!

rufusisaghost

I think it depends on the platform to me. While the card system was tricky, I think it was a lot easier to handle in the handheld version (which I actually liked better than the Remake). I think this is because you were in a controlled area, and didn't have to maneuver around as much. YOu just had what was in front of you and behind you. While the remake had way better graphics and voices which was awesome, I think the card system made it too complicated for me to want to deal with. You had a now 3D space to work in, all around you in every direction, trying to figure out where the enemy is as well as try to use your cards right. I would have enjoyed it a lot more if it were the regular fighting system for that instead of card based.
But for the original version, I actually like the card based better, and I like the game a lot. If I still had it I would probably play it all of the time.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Yep, I maxed out on both! On Re:CoM, I may have only maxed out Riku, and had just been working on Sora... I kinda want to go check now, but I'm fairly certain I completed both on Ps2. On GBA, I know I did both though. And yep! GBA goes up to level 99!

For 1.5, I haven't touched Re:CoM yet. Not until I finish Final Mix all up!

Wow congrats but as you pointed out it's too bad you did all of that (twice) for the games without trophies.

Anthony12KH

I would have sold my soul to COM if it had included KH1's gameplay. Keep everything about the cards, just give us an option to switch to KH1's controls. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back