• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

If CoM's Gameplay was like that of KHI, would you Like it More?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
I think the card system was pretty unique at the time and it brought a bit more strategy to the game and I think it was good to have it at the time that it was invented. I really didn't like it that much, but I can appreciate what SE was going for at the time.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I think the card system was pretty unique at the time and it brought a bit more strategy to the game and I think it was good to have it at the time that it was invented. I really didn't like it that much, but I can appreciate what SE was going for at the time.

Tbh CoM's system still has more strategy than most titles. Though there are some sleights that can break it.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
That wouldn't be very fun. The arenas are squares. My favorite thing about KH1 was the areas that you were able to fight in. You could take cover, get leverage, higher ground, and there were a few environmental hazards. Applying that style to COM would be no fun at all. COM needed it's own challenge.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Tbh CoM's system still has more strategy than most titles. Though there are some sleights that can break it.

I guess, for me, I'm more of a hack-and-slash gamer, but I love RPG elements. It's a weird street that I live on in that sense. xD But yes, I completely agree. I did find ways around it after a good while. It took a long time for me to find that route, however. Lol

kh13

Yes. I think the only reason I didn't like the game play was that you had to use cards. But I did like it at the same time cause you had to really think about strategy for the game play when making your deck.

MyNameisAnsem

I never really hated CoM's system (at least not the PS2 version. I hated the GBA version. Those Large Armors...), but I would probably like it even more if it were more like the first game.

BlueKey777

Banned
I think the major deterrent for me was the horrible maps and the whole using cards to open doors... If they kept the maps similar to KH1 I would have enjoyed the game more.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I guess, for me, I'm more of a hack-and-slash gamer, but I love RPG elements. It's a weird street that I live on in that sense. xD But yes, I completely agree. I did find ways around it after a good while. It took a long time for me to find that route, however. Lol

I'm on that street to man. xD

I think the major deterrent for me was the horrible maps and the whole using cards to open doors... If they kept the maps similar to KH1 I would have enjoyed the game more.
That'd be a hard task to do when CoM was originally a GBA game and it'd take longer to recreate those maps for the remake.

KHRULER

Awards
I'd actually like it less if it was like KHI gameplay.It'd kinda just feel exactly like the first one except you're in a castle visiting your own memories with "Namine drama" along the way.

Sorry, I'll only tell you that I live in Kentucky~
I tried playing the game several times but I just didn't have fun playing it. That makes me sad since it looks like it has a fantastic story from watching it on Youtube (Since I didn't play it I had to watch it to keep up with the story). I'm the kind of person who just starts panicking when I get in a tight spot so I ended up fumbling the cards throughout battles and just not being able to react or decide fast enough. Personally I think a different battle system would have worked better, but not an action system like in KH1. They could have even kept the whole card theme, just may be had a different way of executing it. I was first thinking an Active Time Battle system but I'm not sure that would fit Kingdom Hearts.

I completely agree. I would have a different look on the game if it weren't for the card system. I have never played a real card game in my life and it was just so difficult for me. Now if it had been like the regular button masher then it would have been one of my favorites. But because of that, the game just...it was just really hard for me. I did however enjoy Riku's part of the story. The preset card deck was more easy for me to work and to be honest all I did was mash X! XD I really hope that we don't have to deal with the card game again. :)

BlueKey777

Banned
I completely agree. I would have a different look on the game if it weren't for the card system. I have never played a real card game in my life and it was just so difficult for me. Now if it had been like the regular button masher then it would have been one of my favorites. But because of that, the game just...it was just really hard for me. I did however enjoy Riku's part of the story. The preset card deck was more easy for me to work and to be honest all I did was mash X! XD I really hope that we don't have to deal with the card game again. :)
I would not have minded the awkward maps if they just didn't have the card system. I understand they were trying to bring out something new to the gameplay but sometimes its better to stick with what you know... At least this system will never return again :)

Sorry, I'll only tell you that I live in Kentucky~
I would not have minded the awkward maps if they just didn't have the card system. I understand they were trying to bring out something new to the gameplay but sometimes its better to stick with what you know... At least this system will never return again :)

Forgot about the maps too! They were a pain. Always switching...uhghg! I will most likely never play that game again. XD

Gram

Banned
Awards
I'd actually like it less if it was like KHI gameplay.It'd kinda just feel exactly like the first one except you're in a castle visiting your own memories with "Namine drama" along the way.

Can understand that. If anything it'd likely have been less enjoyable than KH1 cause of CO's layout with the blocky rooms.

limit

I still have some childhood trauma from playing GBA CoM. I was a total idiot with planning and decided the best way to play was get as many high cards as possible into your deck and go crazy on the attack button. If I couldn't win a fight, I just grinded until I could fit even more cards in, and it actually worked a lot of times.

Now, when I went to play Re:CoM I was REALLY discouraged, but after actually learning the system it's now my favorite KH game (I think). To this day I haven't passed Axel II on the original and I'm hesitant to play it, but Re:CoM made me LOVE the card system, especially with Riku.

bilko90

I think that whilst I understand they needed to make a different game mechanic for the GBA game version I was disappointed when I found out they were still gonna use it for ReCOM. story-wise it seemed like a good game and I skipped it the first time so when I played KHII I had no idea what happened to the other organisation members. I have no problem with the room cards and stuff because that would've kept it different from KHI, but I would've been more likely to play it if the combat mechanics were more like the first game. As it happened I ended up watching a play-through on youtube to learn exactly what happened rather than playing the game

MegaCore5

Awards
I would probably rank it lower actually. I really did enjoy the card system implemented in CoM and if it just kept the same battle setup from the previous game it would feel like more of a ripoff.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I wouldn't like it more at all. The card system is what made the game so unique and interesting. While I did like KH1's battle mechanics better, I like that CoM successfully pulled off something different.

MegaCore5

Awards
I wouldn't like it more at all. The card system is what made the game so unique and interesting. While I did like KH1's battle mechanics better, I like that CoM successfully pulled off something different.
It wasn't that successful though... it was pretty annoying to everyone or at least it was to me. I thought the idea to strategize your deck was neat but the grinding in this game took forever since you could run out of cards to open up Maps with heartless.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
It wasn't that successful though... it was pretty annoying to everyone or at least it was to me. I thought the idea to strategize your deck was neat but the grinding in this game took forever since you could run out of cards to open up Maps with heartless.

It may have been the fact that /i had a higher tolerance level as a kid, I don't know. But even once we got Re:CoM I enjoyed it quite a bit. I even grinded yo max level on GBA and PS2 for no good reason whatsoever (although if I would've known I'd have an HD version with trophies for that ridiculousness, then I would have waited)

MegaCore5

Awards
It may have been the fact that /i had a higher tolerance level as a kid, I don't know. But even once we got Re:CoM I enjoyed it quite a bit. I even grinded yo max level on GBA and PS2 for no good reason whatsoever (although if I would've known I'd have an HD version with trophies for that ridiculousness, then I would have waited)
there were parts in this game where I died just by grinding because I was not a very good strategist when he came to deck making. My deck consisting of a few hears and other attacks that I was always get my cards broken by other enemies. I guess why it has to do with quick reaction timing too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back