• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

If CoM wasn't released, would KH2 be out now?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

AForgottenMemory

Right, no KHII would not have been out any sooner whether they had decided to bring out COM or not.
The team working on KHII (within Square-enix before any of you start!) probably realised the sheer amount of time production on the game was going to take.
So to keep fans of KH interested as well as hopefully bringing in new people who previously only owned a GBA, they brought out COM. By including key characters from KHII it peaked everyone's interest in the game.
Thankyou and goodnight. Must anything really be added now?

Gaiash

Website
www.geocities.com
Jupiter MADE the game so the graphics, battle system and all the details that were needed to make the game were by them. However Square are the minds behind it; Square own the game, designed/created the characters, most likely wrote the story and I';m quite sure it was Square who made the movie scenes.

sinharvest_angel

.... simply a sequel, u dont even need to play it to know much about kh2, ahppy now, no need to get mad or irritated.. if u are

Dread

You got the answer.... My opinion is that if wouldnt been KH2 would still been released the same time.

sora_123

i think that nomura thought of a sequal for KH1 when he realesed final mix....i remember reading that FM was released after KH1 was released in the US, so yeah, it could be that nomura thought of a sequal after FM came out.

Sora_aroS

Johnny Stooge said:
Check the title screen.

"Developed by SQUARE ENIX / Jupiter".

Although Jupiter made the game. Nomura and co. only designed the game.

However I think SE may own Jupiter.

And because CoM was only thought of after KHII was in development, it's not responsible. Why? Because there are several things that go into making a game. There is post-production where the story is written, scripted and storyboarded. And the gameplay elements are designed. Then the game is actually made. And seeing as how they started from scratch with a totally new graphics engine, it's going to take a bit longer. Then they have to do the voice acting and sound and composition.

Even without CoM, KHII would not be out now.

DESIGNED..if they wasnt busy designing they would have been makin so yes i think it would be out by now...and if not out now,the it would be out in a week or so..it would be out by maybe september..or the last week of august

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Sora_aroS said:
DESIGNED..if they wasnt busy designing they would have been makin so yes i think it would be out by now...and if not out now,the it would be out in a week or so..it would be out by maybe september..or the last week of august
That's bullcrap and you know it.

Nomura knows how to handle his time. He's dealing with several projects as we speak. KHII would not be out now.

Even if the game itself was finished 100%, they'd still have burn the millions of copies expected to sell. Print off and make the covers. And set all the advertising and hype into place.

KHII is taking as long as it would without CoM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back