• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

If CoM wasn't released, would KH2 be out now?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
No, KHII wouldn't be out now.

First, KHII was in development before CoM was even thought of.

And secondly, CoM wasn't made by Square Enix. It was made by Jupiter and distributed by Square Enix.

Nothing I know of is pushing it back. [Unlike the DoC > FFXII >.<]

dual_wielder

Pourquoi ?crivez un?
Website
www.myspace.com
wtf? Johnny did you even do research, CoM WAS made by S-E. and yes KH2 started to develop before CoM so if they didn't make CoM it would have probabaly been out before Winter 2005, or we are playing it right now. also it wasn't made by jupiter! details on the back of CoM box

(C) Disney. Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas (C) Touchstones Pictures. Developed by SQUARE ENIX. Characters from FINAL FANTASY video games series: (C) 1990, 1997, 1999, 2001, 2002, 2004 SQUARE ENIX Co., LTD. All Rights Reserved. NINTENDO, GAME BOY, GAME BOY ADVANCE AND THE SEAL OF QUALITY ICON ARE TRADEMARKS OF NINTENDO.

(C) = copyright it was developed by S-E and not Jupiter and disturbuted by S-E aswell. it even says in french if you want me to write it out for ya,

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Check the title screen.

"Developed by SQUARE ENIX / Jupiter".

Although Jupiter made the game. Nomura and co. only designed the game.

However I think SE may own Jupiter.

And because CoM was only thought of after KHII was in development, it's not responsible. Why? Because there are several things that go into making a game. There is post-production where the story is written, scripted and storyboarded. And the gameplay elements are designed. Then the game is actually made. And seeing as how they started from scratch with a totally new graphics engine, it's going to take a bit longer. Then they have to do the voice acting and sound and composition.

Even without CoM, KHII would not be out now.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
dual_wielder said:
Jupiter is another part of S-E, it think or they own it, so really saying Jupiter is saying S-E
No. Jupiter is it's own company. But Square Enix own it.

Same deal goes for Melbourne House and Atari. Melbourne House made Transformers [Armada] but Atari owns Melbourne House. So Atari distributes it.

Chihiro

&#9734; birth by sleep;
OMG, for the millionth time, it doesn't matter whether or not your played CoM to play Kingdom Hearts II...it was just a sequel to the original to see what happens after you beat the game between that gap of one year (KH2 takes place a year after KH). It has been stated that you don't need to play the game in order to undestand what's going on in Kingdom Hearts 2, but I do recommend that you play it since some of the scans and quotes that are out right now, would make more sense.

Da-Pimp-OJ

I think Kingdom Hearts 2 would come out but, the game would be hard to understand since the facts from KH COM wasn't created.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
KH2 was in production way before COM and COM was not planned until kids were bragging about the fact that they wanted KH on their handheld. So it went to the GBA... thats all...

TTBK2

Awards
Yeah, that explains why they made it so that you go through your memories. They wanted to make it so people who didn't play KH could play it on the GBA but with a few twists. But they didn't make it for money. They made KH:FM for money and to shut their japanese fans up. But they had to make CoM otherwise when you get in KH2 and see a bunch of Unknowns running around you're not like"WTF?!!!!"

New2Ya

I'm lost...
TTBK2 said:
Yeah, that explains why they made it so that you go through your memories. They wanted to make it so people who didn't play KH could play it on the GBA but with a few twists. But they didn't make it for money. They made KH:FM for money and to shut their japanese fans up. But they had to make CoM otherwise when you get in KH2 and see a bunch of Unknowns running around you're not like"WTF?!!!!"
Not really. Nomura clearly stated that you wont have to play COM to understand KH2.

Everything will be explained in KH2...

And for FM only for money, true, but its also tradition. You may not know, but FF always had the International version. Meaning extras (music, characters, scenes, monsters, bosses, bonus cd, whatever)

*2*Tosty

nomura said that you didn't need to play com to play kh2, but i would think the opposite. I mean wouldn't it be hard not to link kh2 to COM since COM was something VERY big in sora's story and it's also where the organization comes into action. Surely axel or namine will say somethin about COM, and those who didn't play it might say WTF?.
Also it is highly recommended to play COM to know manyof the characters from COM in KH2 and if you just love Kingdom Hearts like most of us.

If what i said doesn't make sense just say it and i'll reexplain.

beastin4kh2

*2*Tosty said:
nomura said that you didn't need to play com to play kh2, but i would think the opposite. I mean wouldn't it be hard not to link kh2 to COM since COM was something VERY big in sora's story and it's also where the organization comes into action. Surely axel or namine will say somethin about COM, and those who didn't play it might say WTF?.
Also it is highly recommended to play COM to know manyof the characters from COM in KH2 and if you just love Kingdom Hearts like most of us.

If what i said doesn't make sense just say it and i'll reexplain.

i totally agre with you....except for the part that says it is highly recomended to play COM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back