• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ienzo's aging

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
So it's quite obvious that little 10-year-old (about) Ienzo's Nobody Zexion does not look like he's a little kid, but somewhere around the age of Terra and Aqua. Only 1 year passes between the events of BBS and when the Apprentices turned into Nobodies, and I don't think Ienzo could have had THAT much of a growth spurt. And seeing as Nobodies don't age, you can't say Zexion aged between his creation and the times that we saw him.
Only Xemnas is confirmed to have been made a year after BBS. The others -could have- taken longer.

So here's my theory: Zexion has the power of illusions, correct? Well, what if, after being created, he didn't want to feel like, and appear as, a little kid (especially when compared to the other members) so his appearance is actually an illusion.He APPEARS to be older, but in fact, Zexion's true form body might actually be that of young Ienzo.

Your thoughts?
There's no hints in the canon to anything like that, so, I'm inclined to not really accept it much.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
RG is taken over a year later though by Maleficent... They must have changed by then.
No, she didn't. Leon merely thought that she did. At the end of KH1, he more or less acknowledges that he was mistaken.
Not to mention, there is far more evidence saying she didn't than there is that she did.

Absolute

He's the one with the biggest discrepancy with age between his somebody and nobody, so its somewhat coincidental that he's also the one with the power of illusion and can look like other people. Maybe there is no real answer but that's the best we are going to get.

However, Braig was shown to have the same powers as his nobody before turning to darkness, so what if Ienzo also had illusion powers before he turned into a nobody?

TheBucket

Mount Vernon, Indiana, United States, North Americ
Website
www.youtube.com
No, she didn't. Leon merely thought that she did. At the end of KH1, he more or less acknowledges that he was mistaken.
Not to mention, there is far more evidence saying she didn't than there is that she did.

I would like to see the quotes for this, because the only thing Leon said about Hollow Bastion was that it was "a lot worse than [they] thought." Nothing about the years. And he did say "about 9 years ago," so yeah, give or take one or two, but not enough for Ienzo to age THAT much.

αsiя

space coke

So all this time we all have been misinformed by what Leon said in the game.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Why, hello plot hole! Didn't notice you there collecting dust in a corner. Nomura forgot about you again? Aw, poor thing. It sucks when Nomura makes retcons and then doesn't connect the dots.

Snertz

Walking the lanes between the realm of light and r
That's an interesting statement. I had always wondered about the age difference in all of this. The thing is, you see Braig, Even, Aeleus, and Dilan and you can tell there is not much difference from them and their nobodies. So for sure, they were right behind Xehanort. But only a year? After Aeleus, next in line is Ienzo. So how much aging could one year possibly do? I'm guessing what others are guessing and saying it's part of his illusion power. Making it seem he's older. Not just in appearance, but in voice as well.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
I would like to see the quotes for this, because the only thing Leon said about Hollow Bastion was that it was "a lot worse than [they] thought." Nothing about the years. And he did say "about 9 years ago," so yeah, give or take one or two, but not enough for Ienzo to age THAT much.
Leon associated the Heartless Invasion with Maleficent taking over, yes?
That happened Nine Years Ago. It was said that, during the invasion, Ansem disappeared, so they assumed he was done in by whatever started the invasion. Now, knowing that Maleficent NOW resides in HB, and commands the Heartless, Leon put two and two together, so to speak, and blamed her.

Then, at the end of the game when it is revealed that "Ansem" was really the one behind it, as he was behind the Heartless, Leon reassessed it. He says that, originally, he thought that Ansem had died protecting his people, but, in reality Ansem was the one "who brought them there" (The Heartless). Therefore, if he now realizes that "Ansem" was behind the Heartless Invasion, then that means that Maleficent -didn't- take over then. Basically, by the end of the game, everyone realizes that the Heartless was really "Ansem"'s doing, and not Maleficent.

Now combine that knowledge with the following facts:
-Xemnas was the one who banished Ansem.
-Xemnas made the Chamber of Repose after banishing Ansem and was said to visit there frequently
-Xemnas reinstated the MCP in Space Paranoids.

It becomes clear that Maleficent didn't take over nine years ago.

Plot Hole adverted. La-di-da.

Awards
Only Xemnas is confirmed to have been made a year after BBS.

When asked what age Xemnas is, Nomura said he looks to be about 30.
That puts Terra at 29.

Honestly, Xemnas looks at least a good five years older than Terra, if not more. However, it's not infeasible to say that Terra is 29. Look at Leon, he's 25, and Terra definitely looks to be around his age range.

Even so, the others didn't take any longer. The "20 Mysteries" section of the Ultimania reaffirms this:

Q9: Where did the Organization’s coat and mark come from?
A: Xemnas remembering his human years.

One year after BbS, Xehanort as well as five other apprentices toss aside their hearts. Then the Nobody Xemnas was born, and the Organization which he creates take a lot of things from his memories as a human. But as Xemnas had two people who he was, Terra and Master Xehanort, he takes from both of their memories.

You can certainly make a case for Xemnas, as I've pointed out. And, hell, I'll give Xigbar the benefit of the doubt too (all that really seems to change age-wise is the addition of gray streaks). But Zexion, no way. He grows too much. I'd call it a plot hole.

Wintertide

Sp00ky GuRl
Awards
He looks to be around the age of 7. I'm guessing when he became a nobody he was 17.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
The "20 Mysteries" section of the Ultimania reaffirms this:
I don't know. I find that part of the Ultimania a little tricky, since it isn't something written by Nomura, or through an interview with him. It's a guidebook, after all, and they can make mistakes. I can't see Nomura knowingly making Ienzo look THAT young, if he truly gave up his heart straight away a year after.

Ronzer

Well, you could say the same for Braig. He looked about 20 when he was a somebody, but his nobody looks about 40. Maybe nobodies do age, or Nomura just screwed up.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Well, you could say the same for Braig. He looked about 20 when he was a somebody, but his nobody looks about 40. Maybe nobodies do age, or Nomura just screwed up.
I really disagree. By the end of the game, when he has the scars, ears and eyes, the only difference between him and Xigbar is that single streak of grey in his hair. And its length of course. There wasn't -that- big of a difference.

Awards
I don't know. I find that part of the Ultimania a little tricky, since it isn't something written by Nomura, or through an interview with him. It's a guidebook, after all, and they can make mistakes. I can't see Nomura knowingly making Ienzo look THAT young, if he truly gave up his heart straight away a year after.

I don't know what's not to trust. Just because it isn't a direct interview doesn't mean the information isn't directly from the horses' mouth. I mean, if you're throwing out the validity of the "20 mysteries" then a lot goes out with it, including, for example, the idea that Roxas fainted because he came close to both of his "original selves." I don't think they would have put such facts in based on speculation alone.

Even Nomura said that the age difference between Braig and Xigbar is more of an "optical illusion."

Ronzer

I really disagree. By the end of the game, when he has the scars, ears and eyes, the only difference between him and Xigbar is that single streak of grey in his hair. And its length of course. There wasn't -that- big of a difference.

Really, take a look a the pictures then try and say that again.

Braig_Scar_Patch.jpg

xigbar2.jpg

KOIKOIBA

Where does it exacly said they turned into nobodies a year after BBS? I know BBS take place 10 years before KH and it was said that the heartless invade RG ABOUT 9 years before KH, but I think the time of the invasion is debatable. I mean think about the "Secret Ansem Report 1": "One of my own apprentices, Xehanort, has volunteered to be a subject. The young man has served me ever since I nursed him back from death's door some years ago."

So it has to be past some time, after they found Xehanort and the Invasion of the Heartless. I guess the 9 years is not really active, since it was state at a time, where the plot was just create that far for this one game (KH). I know it's really nonsequential from the creators but I guess they could not place BBS deeper in the past, because Sora & Riku would to be young then, to intergrate them in the game easily. Want I want to say is that you have to live with it, that Ienzo had time to grown up before he became a Nobody, untill we really get an updated explaination from Nomura himself.

Last edited:

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
Where does it exacly said they turned into nobodies a year after BBS? I know BBS take place 10 years before KH and it was said that the heartless invade RG ABOUT 9 years before KH, but I think the time of the invasion is debatable. I mean think about the "Secret Ansem Report 1": "One of my own apprentices, Xehanort, has volunteered to be a subject. The young man has served me ever since I nursed him back from death's door some years ago."

So it has to be past some time, after they found Xehanort and the Invasion of the Heartless. I guess the 9 years is not really active, since it was state at a time, where the plot was just create that far for this one game (KH). I know it's really nonsequential from the creators but I guess they could not place BBS deeper in the past, because Sora & Riku would to be young then, to intergrate them in the game easily. Want I want to say is that you have to live with it, that Ienzo had time to grown up before he became a Nobody, untill we really get an updated explaination from Nomura himself.

As Grass pointed out last page, from the "20 Mysteries Answered" Ultimania:
Q9: Where did the Organization’s coat and mark come from?
A: Xemnas remembering his human years.

One year after BbS, Xehanort as well as five other apprentices toss aside their hearts. Then the Nobody Xemnas was born, and the Organization which he creates take a lot of things from his memories as a human. But as Xemnas had two people who he was, Terra and Master Xehanort, he takes from both of their memories.

BBS took place 10 years ago. 1 year after BBS would be 9 years ago. Ta-da.

KOIKOIBA

Well, if it's from the current Ultimania, then it's indeed active. Then it is also just another plothole of many, unless Ansem is senile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back