• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

idk what i wanna do with this

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
3oLStJU.png

well sorta. i know i wanna add a bag/backpack of some sort and have her sitting on a bench/log. IDEARS GUYS??????????

--------------------------------------------------------

IT'S OK GUYS I FINISHED THE SKETCH

e14Ckdc.png

Decided to turn it into Lara Croft fanart 8D

Last edited:

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
teach me how to draw like this where do i start :(

as for your question, i really like the character. i do think she'd look pretty rad sitting around in some type of urban environment.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
Basic skeleton outline first. Always. Gotta build from the basic foundation. Once you create the basic skeleton outline, you add an "outline" for the body to create your figures. Your figures will probably look like shit for the first while, but that's ok. Mine did and they still do. You just gotta think of and try and draw as many figures as possible. Even if they look like trash, you draw them. Study from photos, people irl or other artists to see how someone looks in certain positions so you can work on the poses that you aren't good at. Drawing from the imagination works only if you've created a library of memory references for you to fall back on which you need to create using photos and people. Even when you get better, you'll still always use references.

What I did for mine:
- http://i.imgur.com/Tc6t4Y7.png

My basic skeleton are the circles and the red is sorta how I wanted the pose to look like. Think loosely. They aren't supposed to be perfect. Sometimes a certain pose will become a finished piece (this was like, the 4th figure I was practicing) but most of them won't. Also, if you're taking a skeleton and finishing it up, remember that you don't have to overlay the lineart perfectly on the sketch. The sketch will have flaws. It's just a general guide line. I changed a lot of things from the sketch in the lineart.

The bodies that you draw, the clothes and faces that you add; those will get better the more you draw. But you should always start with some sort of foundation. Especially if you don't know what to draw, it'll help you jump start some ideas.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
The leaning trees remind me of fists (in a weird way). I opened the finished one in another tab to get a better look at it, would it be ok to use your lineart for a community "color in" event? I remember you doing something similar a while back, great way to introduce some tutorials and see everyone's finished products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back