• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Ideas for the next childhood slasher

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sonofjafar

Awards
Recently, the trailer for The Mean One, a slasher parody of the Grinch from the creators of Blood and Honey, has come out and I ask this simple question: is this gonna be a thing? Turni my childhood icons from the public domain into psychotic monsters. If so, we gotta get in on this. Without further ado, I leave the floor open for ideas. I’ll start us off with an unexpected one that might work with the right copyright loopholes. Picture this: the children of a film disturber from the silent era known as Charles Mantz discover some old film reels that featured old cartoons starring a “lucky rabbit”. However, as the cartoon ends this cartoon rabbit point at the leads and says “you stole his creation, now I’ll steal yours.” The cartoon rabbit leaps off the screen, jump scaring the audience and we get the title. “Rabbit’s Foot”

vaderskywalker

Awards
Recently, the trailer for The Mean One, a slasher parody of the Grinch from the creators of Blood and Honey, has come out and I ask this simple question: is this gonna be a thing? Turni my childhood icons from the public domain into psychotic monsters. If so, we gotta get in on this. Without further ado, I leave the floor open for ideas. I’ll start us off with an unexpected one that might work with the right copyright loopholes. Picture this: the children of a film disturber from the silent era known as Charles Mantz discover some old film reels that featured old cartoons starring a “lucky rabbit”. However, as the cartoon ends this cartoon rabbit point at the leads and says “you stole his creation, now I’ll steal yours.” The cartoon rabbit leaps off the screen, jump scaring the audience and we get the title. “Rabbit’s Foot”
Why does this keep happening, they did it with Superman, there doing it with Winnie the Pooh, and I'm just now, finding out there doing it with The Grinch too? why are our childhood icons being turned into horror movies? have they run out of ideas for horror movies?

KudoTsurugi

Awards
I mean, Warner Bros actually did this with one of their Hanna Barbera properties a little while back, The Banana Splits. I’m not saying I like it, but it’s not unheard of.

Plus, once something is in the public domain, anyone can run with it. It’s how we can have Jungle Book and Tarzan adaptations that aren’t made by Disney.

Sonofjafar

Awards
Why does this keep happening, they did it with Superman, there doing it with Winnie the Pooh, and I'm just now, finding out there doing it with The Grinch too? why are our childhood icons being turned into horror movies? have they run out of ideas for horror movies?
When was Superman in a slasher movie? I’be seen a few psychotic Superman clones but never the real one?

KudoTsurugi

Awards
When was Superman in a slasher movie? I’be seen a few psychotic Superman clones but never the real one?
Not sure if they’re referencing Injustice or Brightburn. Don’t think that second one was a slasher movie but it did have the premise of “What if Superman was the monster?”

Sonofjafar

Awards
So is anyone else gonna give any ideas to add to this blooming genre of horror? cuz that was kind of the point if this thread. No pressure or anything. just asking

vaderskywalker

Awards
Not sure if they’re referencing Injustice or Brightburn. Don’t think that second one was a slasher movie but it did have the premise of “What if Superman was the monster?”
Yes, it was Brightburn I was referencing, and how was it not a slasher movie?

Last edited:

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Yes, it was Brightburn I was referencing, and how was it not a slasher movie?
Because in most slasher movies, to my knowledge, there is usually a way to survive against the slasher and live another day.
Brightburn seems more like a Eldritch horror twist on the Superman origin story with an unstoppable monster as our antagonist. Feels more in the realm of cosmic horror since the evil threat comes from space.

vaderskywalker

Awards
Because in most slasher movies, to my knowledge, there is usually a way to survive against the slasher and live another day.
Brightburn seems more like a Eldritch horror twist on the Superman origin story with an unstoppable monster as our antagonist. Feels more in the realm of cosmic horror since the evil threat comes from space.
Huh, I did not know that there are different levels of horror in media, I mean, yeah, pg-13 horror is different from R-rated horror, but I didn't know it could be scaled that way, fair enough, but that raises a question for me, just out of curiosity, how would you describe the horror in DOOM, considering your supposed to be the monster in the games? (except for 3)

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Clifford the Big Red Dog. The red is the blood of his victims.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I believe they're also doing one for Bambi.

vaderskywalker

Awards
I believe they're also doing one for Bambi.
I know, I found out immediately after the first post I made on this, I just didn't see any point in adding it, but my point still stands, why are they doing this to our childhoods, has Hollywood really run out of ideas for horror movies?

Back