• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ideas for a possible Final Mix (please share your own)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Zreig

The two prime issues that people have with the game so far is the world design and the lack of strategic depth in the gameplay. I don't have much to say as to how to fix the prior, but as to the gameplay, I have a few decent ideas.

1. Make spells more unique

Half the spells in the game do pretty much the exact same thing, that being fire, blizzard, and water. They're all homing projectiles. Sure, blizzard freezes enemies and water creates a shockwave when you cast it and when it hits, but they're still too similar.

My solution: keep fire as it is, make blizzard behave like it did in the first game, creating a snowflake pattern, and make water simply create a swirl of water around Sora that traps enemies like KH2 fire, once water ends it creates a big burst. If you keep using water it won't burst until after you stop, just like reflect.

2. Make attractions harder to get

Attraction Flow is currently the most busted thing in the game, you hit one enemy once and then you get to kill everything in the room. There is no strategy to using it.

My solution: make the enemy that holds the attraction more powerful, they'll hit harder and move faster and have more health on top of that, and you also have to KILL the enemy in order to get the attraction, they'll also actively avoid Sora. Attractions themselves should be shortened in length.

3. Links are useless AND overpowered

Links are just as effective at wiping out enemies as attractions, but they coat full MP to use, making them useless in the face of attractions.

My solution: they don't need full MP, but they still take ALL your MP. Every action you make using the link should drain from the focus meter, with the finisher taking the most.

4. Miscellaneous

Not being able to use doubleflight immediately after jumping, also not being able to spin around, moving the stick around in a circle makes Sora stutter in place. Combo modifiers being tied to the same button while also having one performable in the air and on the ground with the other not.

My solution: fix the two mentioned movement issues. I forget the names of the two modifiers, but put the rising one on circle and the one that sends enemies downward on square.

Addendum: Forms/Transformations

What I'd change: first, they're no longer situation commands, instead, they act just like command styles in BBS. You'll have a meter on the command menu that fills with every attack, once it's filled you automatically use the transformation of the keyblade equipped. Each keyblade has its own meter, said meter drains over time while you use it but stays charged while switched out with another keyblade, just like the forms themselves.

Addendum 2: Situation Commands

Situation spells should only give you the version of the spell that's two levels above the version used to get it.
Blizzard -> Blizzaga
Aerora -> Aeroza

This would also change the number of spell levels, -za would be 4th tier and -ja or -gun would be 5th tier.
Firaga -> Firaja

This would also create a better drawback to using higher level spells, as you're able to use every level of a spell in this game. You're only be able to normally use magic up to tier 3, the higher the spell level the more MP is used. You would have to strategize which spells you put in your quick menu while also thinking about the level of the spells you put in, as it would determine what situation spells you get in combat.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
You might want to experiment with magic in different forms. Magic changes depending on the form you are in, which sort of covers your first idea.

Zreig

You might want to experiment with magic in different forms. Magic changes depending on the form you are in, which sort of covers your first idea.

Forgot to mention that one, but it doesn't conflict with my ideas.

Basically, forms would still modify all magic into specific variations, this would act a a nerf to forms as it would make them less versatile compared to base Sora, similar to how drive forms were when compared to base Sora after you've gotten all the growth abilities.

Zreig

I also have another idea that I forgot to add concerning forms, I'll add it to my original post.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I would dig the changes to Attraction Flow. It is the biggest issue imo. I don't mind links the way there since they also fully heal Sora I guess? It gives them some more versatility, but I won't deny I just use them cuz they are pretty and fun lol. I guess they could be more useful?

As for level design, I assume you mean the original worlds? Cuz the Disney ones are amazing. I would love the original worlds getting expanded at least a bit in a Final Mix DLC, I mean they did add the Cavern of Remembrance to 2, and a whole playable Dark World in BBS. So it's possible, but I won't hold my breath.

Zreig

I would dig the changes to Attraction Flow. It is the biggest issue imo. I don't mind links the way there since they also fully heal Sora I guess? It gives them some more versatility, but I won't deny I just use them cuz they are pretty and fun lol. I guess they could be more useful?

As for level design, I assume you mean the original worlds? Cuz the Disney ones are amazing. I would love the original worlds getting expanded at least a bit in a Final Mix DLC, I mean they did add the Cavern of Remembrance to 2, and a whole playable Dark World in BBS. So it's possible, but I won't hold my breath.

When refering to world design, I'm talking about both the world's story and the world itself. San Fransokyo is the worst world for me, most of that world is just cutscenes and it barely makes you explore the city. Same thing with the Hundred Acre Wood, a world I finished in less than 12 minutes.

But yeah Twilight Town is a huge disappointment.

Awards
I think Transformations being automatic like Command Styles is a bad idea.

I personally don’t like always using Transformations. Sometimes I just like classically bashing enemies normally. Having no control over this would take away players’ freedom of control.

—Anyway

- I wouldn’t really change anything with the battle system besides adding things to it. Although, I do agree that Attraction Flows should be more of a challenge to obtain.

- I would like to see more abilities added, because compared to KH2, it doesn’t seem like there are much.

- A new Link or 2. Jack Skellington would be my top choice. And I would love to see WALL-E as one.

- Either some type of Coliseum or more Battlegates added. Not being able to rebattle bosses in this game is very disappointing. Especially since you could in DDD and 0.2.

- An ACTUAL Secret Boss. I wouldn’t really consider Dark Inferno to be a Secret Boss. More like a Bonus Boss.

- New Keyblades+Forms. Duh.

- Extra missions added to the worlds with new bosses (maybe they could even be classic KH bosses)

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
If Disney world expansions are a thing, I'd like the Snuggly Duckling to be explorable. It was a nice easter egg in the forest.

Awards
Welp... I would really love to see they using the secret movie as a new part of this game... And I think it will happen

Zreig

I think Transformations being automatic like Command Styles is a bad idea.

I personally don’t like always using Transformations. Sometimes I just like classically bashing enemies normally. Having no control over this would take away players’ freedom of control.

—Anyway

- I wouldn’t really change anything with the battle system besides adding things to it. Although, I do agree that Attraction Flows should be more of a challenge to obtain.

- I would like to see more abilities added, because compared to KH2, it doesn’t seem like there are much.

- A new Link or 2. Jack Skellington would be my top choice. And I would love to see WALL-E as one.

- Either some type of Coliseum or more Battlegates added. Not being able to rebattle bosses in this game is very disappointing. Especially since you could in DDD and 0.2.

- An ACTUAL Secret Boss. I wouldn’t really consider Dark Inferno to be a Secret Boss. More like a Bonus Boss.

- New Keyblades+Forms. Duh.

- Extra missions added to the worlds with new bosses (maybe they could even be classic KH bosses)

Wall-E PLUS Eve would be great.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Forms as Situation Commands is way better than command styles. You want it? Activate it. You don't want it? Don't activate it. It works in the same respect as Situation Commands but you have control over it. I don't see how that's a problem for you.

Magic - use forms. Magic is tied to Sora's keyblade style. If you prefer your magic to behave differently then figure out which form changes give you magic you prefer and stick with that. Hyper hammer surrounds you with a wall of that element, dual arrow guns shoots small elemental arrows, drill claw shoots a bullet projectile of that element, to name a few. Also, Fire+Fire =/= Firaga. Fire+Fire = Fira. Fira+Fira =/= Firaza, ETC. If you could cast -ZA level spells at the beginning then you'd be extremely op (not counting DLC keyblades and the fact that you're already pretty op to begin with). Lastly, Fire and Blizzard are both projectiles, but Water puts a shield around Sora that then lobs to the enemy (look up difference between lobbing something and throwing something), Aero puts up a windstream underneath the enemy similar to BBS, and Lightning drops bolts from the sky. Two of 5 spells are similar.

Links are meant to be a hit to your MP for a floor wiping move, otherwise using them would be as OP as Attractions.

Attractions should be harder to get, but you can also remedy that a bit by not using any Attraction modifiers in your ability list. If you just turn on every ability you get then of course you're gonna have stacks and stacks of attraction flows because you made them more frequent and increased the amount of time they stay listed in your situation queue AND lengthened their use time. You can also remedy this by quickly pressing either Triangle to activate the finisher (which doesn't kill as many enemies as you'd expect when done instantly) or press L1 to cancel the attraction flow and make it go away.

I would focus more on other aspects of content for Final Mix. Harder enemies, more enemies at a time, new abilities, new minigames, new bosses.

Awards
1:More original keyblades

2:Cavern of remembrance-like dungeon for twilight town.

3:Mirage arena

Those are the ones I definitely want.

Zreig

Forms as Situation Commands is way better than command styles. You want it? Activate it. You don't want it? Don't activate it. It works in the same respect as Situation Commands but you have control over it. I don't see how that's a problem for you.

Magic - use forms. Magic is tied to Sora's keyblade style. If you prefer your magic to behave differently then figure out which form changes give you magic you prefer and stick with that. Hyper hammer surrounds you with a wall of that element, dual arrow guns shoots small elemental arrows, drill claw shoots a bullet projectile of that element, to name a few. Also, Fire+Fire =/= Firaga. Fire+Fire = Fira. Fira+Fira =/= Firaza, ETC. If you could cast -ZA level spells at the beginning then you'd be extremely op (not counting DLC keyblades and the fact that you're already pretty op to begin with). Lastly, Fire and Blizzard are both projectiles, but Water puts a shield around Sora that then lobs to the enemy (look up difference between lobbing something and throwing something), Aero puts up a windstream underneath the enemy similar to BBS, and Lightning drops bolts from the sky. Two of 5 spells are similar.

Links are meant to be a hit to your MP for a floor wiping move, otherwise using them would be as OP as Attractions.

Attractions should be harder to get, but you can also remedy that a bit by not using any Attraction modifiers in your ability list. If you just turn on every ability you get then of course you're gonna have stacks and stacks of attraction flows because you made them more frequent and increased the amount of time they stay listed in your situation queue AND lengthened their use time. You can also remedy this by quickly pressing either Triangle to activate the finisher (which doesn't kill as many enemies as you'd expect when done instantly) or press L1 to cancel the attraction flow and make it go away.

I would focus more on other aspects of content for Final Mix. Harder enemies, more enemies at a time, new abilities, new minigames, new bosses.

Forms acting more like command styles is really just a way to free up space on the amount of situation commands you get.

When I mentioned magic, I said half of them were the same, I didn't mention aero at all because it was already unique. But water does essentially act just like fire and blizzard, the unique traits is does have simply aren't enough to make it stand out, especially since I and many other people didn't notice it did damage around Sora when it's cast for a good chunk of the game.

No, magic behaving differently with forms isn't enough, it makes magic essentially useless in some forms too. The forms that give AOE magic like Hyper Hammer don't do it like KH2, the spells push enemies back instead of keeping them in. And again, spells being converted into one single form with each transformation should be something that acts like a downside to form.

Also, I never turned on any abilities relating to attraction flows, but I still got a diddlyton of them throughout the game. And then I wouldn't notice I had them and would use them accidentally, immediately concelling them.

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
That's it! I've come up with a new recipeh! That's it! I've come up with a new recipeh! That's it! I've come up with a new recipeh! That's it! I've come up with a new recipeh! That's it! I've come up with a new recipeh! That's it! I've come up with a new recipeh! That's it! I've come up with a new recipeh! That's it! I've come up with a new recipeh! That's it! I've come up with a new recipeh! That's it! I've come up with a new recipeh! That's it! I've come up with a new recipeh! That's it! I've come up with a new recipeh! That's it! I've come up with a new recipeh! That's it! I've come up with a new recipeh! That's it! I've come up with a new recipeh! That's it! I've come up with a new recipeh! That's it! I've come up with a new recipeh! That's it! I've come up with a new recipeh! That's it! I've come up with a new recipeh! That's it! I've come up with a new recipeh! That's it! I've come up with a new recipeh! That's it! I've come up with a new recipeh! That's it! I've come up with a new recipeh! That's it! I've come up with a new recipeh! That's it! I've come up with a new recipeh! That's it! I've come up with a new recipeh! That's it! I've come up with a new recipeh! That's it! I've come up with a new recipeh! That's it! I've come up with a new recipeh! That's it! I've come up with a new recipeh!

Final Mix:

- Critical Mode

- Secret Boss battle with Luxu (No Name wielding Xigbar)

- More cutscene interaction between Organization members no. nine to twelve

Zreig

Yeah, putting a dungeon in Twilight Town would be a great way to expand it. They should put it in the Old Mansion while they're at it.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
- DLC Story Content-

The way the story was handled, a Riku scenario seems to be the obvious choice when it comes to this.

We should be able to explore a little of RoD before fighting against Demon Tide and after that have a playable Radiant Garden scenario. I also don't like how Saix doesn't have a World for himself, so he show up in that world not only it would be perfect but we would also be killing two birds with one stone. While he's in there we could have a flashback about him and Lea talking about saving "her", so that plot point didn't came from nowhere when he meets Axel.

A Kairi scenario would also be cool, but considering how she was treated during the whole saga that doesn't seem likely. We could explore more of her training with Lea (what they even did?!) and their final test could involve a second visit to one of the Worlds we already have like Twilight Town. Merlin is there afterall.

During that visit, Axel has flashbacks about the moments he shared with Roxas and Xion, who starts to get less hazy in his memory. And while we're at it, give us the rest of Twilight Town.

Last edited:

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Expanded Photo Mode. More gestures. More reactions/poses from NPCs. Being able to take pics with characters you currently cant. Riku being able to take selfies.. Maybe filters. In addition to the Sora controlled camera, have a meta photo mode so you can take pictures and screenshots of the flashy moves and battles you can do. More photo missions. Have group photos for every world.

Expanded Gummiphone. Being able to call other characters for little scenes or dialogues or small interactions. Have other characters be able to call you when you're out in the field with some banter. Just nice little characterization moments.

Wardrobe customization. SuperGroupies outfits. Toggleable hoods.

New environmental stuff to do or collect or interact with in every world.

More Attractions. More Links.

More stars in the Final World

More in field banter that isn't just reacting to the setting but Donald and Goofy (and others) just having conversations with you while you explore and battle.

Additional Respite scenes between characters. Have the ability to talk to characters before the final battle, ala KH2

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Expanded Photo Mode. More gestures. More reactions/poses from NPCs. Being able to take pics with characters you currently cant. Riku being able to take selfies.. Maybe filters. In addition to the Sora controlled camera, have a meta photo mode so you can take pictures and screenshots of the flashy moves and battles you can do. More photo missions. Have group photos for every world.

Expanded Gummiphone. Being able to call other characters for little scenes or dialogues or small interactions. Have other characters be able to call you when you're out in the field with some banter. Just nice little characterization moments.

Wardrobe customization. SuperGroupies outfits. Toggleable hoods.

New environmental stuff to do or collect or interact with in every world.

More Attractions. More Links.

More stars in the Final World

More in field banter that isn't just reacting to the setting but Donald and Goofy (and others) just having conversations with you while you explore and battle.

Additional Respite scenes between characters. Have the ability to talk to characters before the final battle, ala KH2

lol this reminds me of METAL GEAR SOLID and had a thought that Ienzo could be KH's Otacon, hahaha.

Back