• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Idea dump

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Endgame

:D
I'm just gonna leave this here.

Setting: Modern
Theme: Lightning bolt action. No, wait, that's metal gear rising.

So basically, we've all got this idea of ninjas. They fly through the air, flip off walls, throw shuriken, and basically be badass. Truth is, none of that stuff ever really happened. Well, not to the extent hollywood've have you believe. Real, historical ninjas, are much more likely to have been influential and manipulative people living within japanese society. The myths we know of ninjas are perhaps the best proof they were damn good at what they did: When people think a crooked cop died because a black-clad assassin jumped over a wall and threw a lightning-infused shuriken in his neck instead of a more realistic explanation, there's a good chance someone's gone to a hell of an effort to make them believe that. Sure, they had swords, sure, they had throwing stars, but chances are such tools were merely a last resort.

So I figured it'd be kinda cool to have an RP about real ninjitsu: Some kinda plot tied up in japanese history, in the modern age, featuring the descendant(s) of past ninja clans. But in a way that it involves a lot of stealing and assasinating on the part of the good guys, and it's still morally justifiable. And it's up to the participants to use their ninja skills (In this case, intellect, psychology, misdirection, illusion...) to accomplish the heist and slice. Kind of a sandbox kinda deal, whoever picks this up comes up with an elaborate scenario, gives the team goals, obstacles, ect. Perhaps a little unrealistic, perhaps even an analogue of hollywood ninjitsu, playing up their mental abilities rather then physical. Up to you.

Butyeah. Whoever wants to pick this up, take it, do whatever you want with it. I don't really get into RPing anymore, but it'd be an absolute pleasure to drop in every now and again and see what's been done with this.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I'm not even going to bother reading the post and just say

YAY ENDGAME IS BAAAAAAACK

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Dammit. I liked the idea too. I always like modern reimaginings of feudal/medieval/ancient stuffs.

Endgame

:D
So snag it. You'd do the best at it anyway. Even if the ninjas all had norse names for some inexplicable reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back