• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

idea about a remake. (Fun discussion)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

vaderskywalker

Awards
What are your thoughts on a Kingdom Hearts remake? Not a remaster a straight up remake in the same vein as Spyro reignited trilogy or Crash Bandicoot or final fantasy 7 remake

Muke

whatever
Awards
I honestly don't think we need it right now. All of the games are great and still stand the test of time thanks to the KH art style. I also just kinda want to close the past saga, I'm over it. I'm looking forward to the Lost Masters Saga

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
This is sort of like the worlds topic, it keeps popping up. I'm all in for it, personally. All the levels could be improved just because of technical limitations being gone, but particularly Neverland. It would be interesting to see a Wonderland that's more like the film, although I've always liked the storybook vibe they gave the world. I'd like to see all those properties in the new graphics, too--TNBC in particular will look utterly gorgeous that way, no doubt.

D

Deleted member 246005

I'd be into it but I rather get something else like a Leon/Mickey spinoff.

Last edited by a moderator:

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Personally, no. I think the series is too modern for a remake and I think it would anger a lot of fans. Unless you are saying the remake and the old series can co-exist, then sure, I just think it's extremely unnecessary.

Sonofjafar

Awards
If it was just the first game with ff7 remake’s plot device where any deviations from the original would try to correct itself via some unseen force, that would be cool

Chie

Awards
Not a remaster a straight up remake in the same vein as Spyro reignited trilogy or Crash Bandicoot or final fantasy 7 remake
The first two of those are the PS1 game with an HD texture/sound pack, ff7r is a 100% brand new game.

Anyway, Nomura would never have an interest in this and people would just play this weird third party "remake" instead of the actual game, so...

AegisXIII

Awards
I would be in for a Kingdom Hearts remake. I think a lot of the plot points of the multiple entries could be integrated in Kh1 and KH2 storyline. Like castle oblivion could be integrated into KH1 in a simpler format (no cards and no disney revisit), Days into KH2 with flashbacks of Roxas that Sora received during his quest.
Also the worlds in kh1 feels like big rooms and could be expanded a bit (agrabah does not feel like a city).

Willow A113

Awards
I would be in for a Kingdom Hearts remake. I think a lot of the plot points of the multiple entries could be integrated in Kh1 and KH2 storyline. Like castle oblivion could be integrated into KH1 in a simpler format (no cards and no disney revisit), Days into KH2 with flashbacks of Roxas that Sora received during his quest.
Also the worlds in kh1 feels like big rooms and could be expanded a bit (agrabah does not feel like a city).
I actually always thought it would be cool if CoM was part of kh1 kinda like remind like a dlc almost. Mostly because I hate the card gameplay and more of kh1 would always be great. Plus, it'd be a bit like what we had in kh2 with multiple visits to the worlds.
One thing id like to add to that idea is that the player should not be able to skip worlds before playing the CoM part. Every world (including 100-Acre Woods) is required before unlocking it.
I'd honestly prefer if days was a full game. The movie didn't do it for me and flashbacks are even worse. I want the true, full experience. Although maybe it could be a bonus segment that you can enter from the main menu like remind. Just have everything from the ds version and I'll be happy.

AegisXIII

Awards
I actually always thought it would be cool if CoM was part of kh1 kinda like remind like a dlc almost. Mostly because I hate the card gameplay and more of kh1 would always be great. Plus, it'd be a bit like what we had in kh2 with multiple visits to the worlds.
One thing id like to add to that idea is that the player should not be able to skip worlds before playing the CoM part. Every world (including 100-Acre Woods) is required before unlocking it.
I'd honestly prefer if days was a full game. The movie didn't do it for me and flashbacks are even worse. I want the true, full experience. Although maybe it could be a bonus segment that you can enter from the main menu like remind. Just have everything from the ds version and I'll be happy.
Yes I am not a big fan of the card system either. And that's not because I don't like playing it, but more because I see everyone skipping this game because of it. That's a design flaw to have people watching cutscenes on youtube rather than playing a game. This need to be addressed at some point.

For days, I am not sure. The game has been known to be repetitive with the missions and all and it wouldn't fit well on a console I think. A shorter version of it could be more impactful and more epic. But then, how do you develop the friendship between the trio without showing their day to day life? Days is a tricky one for sure.

But I am convinced that with full remakes, the entire dark seeker saga could fit on 5 games rather than 10 if smaller entries are fused properly.

Chie

Awards
That's a design flaw to have people watching cutscenes on youtube rather than playing a game. This need to be addressed at some point.
This seems like a dangerous philosophy.

I recognize that it's seemingly too inconvenient for a lot of gamers, but I don't think it needs to be "fixed" to their standards. I know "gamers can't handle inconvenience" is vastly less possible to actually address than simply changing the games, but I don't think what makes CoM unique is a "design flaw". It's simply "what CoM is". What CoM is isn't very popular, but like all video games, it is a holistic work. If someone doesn't want to engage with the work called "CoM", then watching cutscenes on YouTube is just as good as playing an alternate, more palatable remake. Neither one is Chain of Memories.

Of course the idea that any of these games would be remade is already just a hypothetical thought exercise, since again, Nomura would never do it. But even so.

Willow A113

Awards
Yes I am not a big fan of the card system either. And that's not because I don't like playing it, but more because I see everyone skipping this game because of it. That's a design flaw to have people watching cutscenes on youtube rather than playing a game. This need to be addressed at some point.

For days, I am not sure. The game has been known to be repetitive with the missions and all and it wouldn't fit well on a console I think. A shorter version of it could be more impactful and more epic. But then, how do you develop the friendship between the trio without showing their day to day life? Days is a tricky one for sure.

But I am convinced that with full remakes, the entire dark seeker saga could fit on 5 games rather than 10 if smaller entries are fused properly.
I am one of those youtube people 😶
For days, maybe the more repetitive, unimportant, unimpactful missions can be skipped. Lots of Union X levels weren't required so it'd be like that.

Kh1 and CoM can be fused. After the final scene of kh1 the first scene of CoM starts and you play that game as if kh1 never ended. Episode Riku can be played from the main menu.
Kh2 can be its own game with 358/2 Days being accessed through the main menu.
Coded is a tricky one. I think it makes the most sense for it to be accessed through the kh1 menu even tho it takes place after kh2. Maybe before you start Coded you'll get a short warning screen like "This game is best played after Kingdom Hearts 2. Are you sure you want to proceed?"
Bbs and 0.2 can be combined and the final and secret episodes of Aqua's story will not have to have any work into being unlocked and 0.2 can be merged into Blank Points. No menu is needed.
DDD can be its own game but the cutscenes that take place in the present time in 0.2 can be put into there.
Unchained/Union X and X Back Cover can be merged. Missing Link and Dark Road can be accessed from the main menu.
Kh3 and the main part of Remind can be combined. After defeating Xehanort, all the guardians decide to meet up at the beginning of the world Sora is the last one to leave and you take him to the place where the cutscene in which he decides to save Kairi happens, and the rest of the segment continues from there. The Luxu/Luxord convo, the MoM/Xehanort scene, and the Organization meetup can all be moved to different parts of the game. The limit cut and the secret episode can be accessed from the main menu.
MoM is fine as is.

Willow A113

Awards
This seems like a dangerous philosophy.

I recognize that it's seemingly too inconvenient for a lot of gamers, but I don't think it needs to be "fixed" to their standards. I know "gamers can't handle inconvenience" is vastly less possible to actually address than simply changing the games, but I don't think what makes CoM unique is a "design flaw". It's simply "what CoM is". What CoM is isn't very popular, but like all video games, it is a holistic work. If someone doesn't want to engage with the work called "CoM", then watching cutscenes on YouTube is just as good as playing an alternate, more palatable remake. Neither one is Chain of Memories.

Of course the idea that any of these games would be remade is already just a hypothetical thought exercise, since again, Nomura would never do it. But even so.
Maybe you could pick between the kh1 style of fighting and the CoM style of fighting. Make everyone happy.

Chie

Awards
That choice, too, would be part of the game, though. The inclusion of a choice is itself a decision made by the director, not a way for the director to avoid making a decision.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I wouldn't mind a scenario of a KH1 Remake that has CoM and a KH2 Remake with Days as sort of Reverse Rebirth options that appear at the main menu after you beat the first game.

AegisXIII

Awards
That choice, too, would be part of the game, though. The inclusion of a choice is itself a decision made by the director, not a way for the director to avoid making a decision.
I think it wouldn't work. Especially since these games require optimizations to bring the perfect amount of difficulty. Having a tactical system replaced by an action based one would require two games.
How about replacing the cards with commands from BBS/DDD? Because that's what cards were: precursors to commands deck.

D

Deleted member 246005

Someone pitched Kairi taking over as the playable character after Sora releases her from his heart. That's a fun hook for a potential remake.

I'd be more into story changes but there isn't much you need to fix in 1.

Granted you could just do a Kairi game and that would work as well.

Chie

Awards
Yeah, ideas like "how can we remix this into being a new work" are a lot more interesting than "how can we fix all those damn Flaws to make KH palatable to every Gamer".

Like I said, games are holistic works. If you remove the cards from CoM, you are removing the theme of "Sora's abilities have been restricted into this bizarre controlled system", which is what the story of the game was created in tandem with. CoM is a story about Sora falling deeper and deeper into a trap that he was already doomed to fall into from the beginning of the game, and Castle Oblivion in future games is always written with the idea that everyone in it follows arbitrary rules because it's impossible for them to understand its structure. That's what CoM is, as a work.

Similarly, Days is a story about the concept of daily life, about having a dehumanizing job, about having a daily routine that you follow because what else are you going to do? It's a game where Roxas' level gets cut in half for one mission because he's "having a bad day today" - not because of something particularly traumatic in the plot, or to make you completely powerless for effect like Sora with the wooden sword - but because he's having a normal bad day, the same as any of us do. And he still has to go into work and do his job anyway. Days is repetitive? Of course it is.

Reactions: Raz
Back