What's new

Welcome to Kingdom Hearts Insider

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Ask question

Ask Questions and Get Answers from Our Community

Ask a Mod

Ask Questions from your staff

Contact Staff

If you need additional information or have a concern please contact us.

• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Original ► I wrote a book on FFIX, and it's out in the wild!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ajexmi

Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.ajexmi.wordpress.com
Hey people,

I hope this isn't against the rules, but I just wanted to drop a vanity post to say that my book, Melodies of Life: A Final Fantasy IX Retrospect and Analysis, is out now in paperback and eBook editions (links at bottom of post).

Front Cover.jpg Back Cover.jpg

I thought I'd drop the contents breakdown here, so if you're interested in checking it out - just so you have an idea of what you might be in for:

Contents:

A Voice From the Past, Joining Yours and Mine...

Foreword

Introduction

The Party

Plot Summary

What it Means to be Alive

Authenticity & The Artificial

Either You Do, Or You Don't

The Iifa Tree & The Angels of Death

Identity & Autonomy

Raison D'être

Vivi: Golem Among Golems

The Genomes With Soul: Zidane, Kuja and Mikoto

Garnet x2 (or x3 or x4!)

A Knight's Duty

Lost & Forgotten

Music & Narrative

Echoes, Reflections and Foreshadowing

Not Alone

Melodies of Life

Something to Protect

The Storybook Motif & Nostalgia

Legend, Lore and Callbacks

Life's a Play, The World a Stage

Who's the Bad Guy?

Hierarchy & Rebellion

Decadent Jesters

The Will to Live vs. The Will to Power

Et Tu, Kuja?

Life Cycles & Internal and External Conflict

Gaia & Terra

Eternal Life/Strife

Existentialism: The Reality of Mortality

Love, Fealty & Self-Determination

Relationships

Why These Characters Work (And Work Together)

Romance

Personal Influence

Respect

Camaraderie

And So it Goes, On and On...

Afterword

A Few Things You May Know...

Acknowledgments

Thanks for indulging me, and I hope this of some interest! A lot of work went into it, and any feedback/criticism/reviews are welcome. I am going to take a nap now....

US link: https://www.amazon.com/Melodies-Lif...keywords=jamie+L+cruise&qid=1611656028&sr=8-2
UK link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08TS5DY7B/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1611577360&sr=8-2
DE link: https://www.amazon.de/dp/B08TW5GTM2/ref=sr_1_2?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&dchild=1&keywords=jamie+L.+Cruise&qid=1611656250&sr=8-2

2 quid is good

Reaction score
Awards
Hey people,

I hope this isn't against the rules, but I just wanted to drop a vanity post to say that my book, Melodies of Life: A Final Fantasy IX Retrospect and Analysis, is out now in paperback and eBook editions (links at bottom of post).

I thought I'd drop the contents breakdown here, so if you're interested in checking it out - just so you have an idea of what you might be in for:

Contents:

Foreword

Introduction

The Party

Plot Summary

Identity & Autonomy

Raison D'être

Garnet x2 (or x3 or x4!)

A Knight's Duty

Lost & Forgotten

Music & Narrative

Not Alone

Melodies of Life

Something to Protect

Who's the Bad Guy?

Hierarchy & Rebellion

Decadent Jesters

Et Tu, Kuja?

Gaia & Terra

Eternal Life/Strife

Relationships

Romance

Personal Influence

Respect

Camaraderie

Afterword

Acknowledgments

Thanks for indulging me, and I hope this of some interest! A lot of work went into it, and any feedback/criticism/reviews are welcome. I am going to take a nap now....

US link: https://www.amazon.com/Melodies-Lif...keywords=jamie+L+cruise&qid=1611656028&sr=8-2
UK link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08TS5DY7B/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1611577360&sr=8-2
DE link: https://www.amazon.de/dp/B08TW5GTM2/ref=sr_1_2?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&dchild=1&keywords=jamie+L.+Cruise&qid=1611656250&sr=8-2
Wait, yo are you the same Ajexmi who took part in those KH13 Pokemon tournaments??

Also I haven't finished FF9 yet but I would love to check this out once I'm done with it, it looks seriously interesting!

Ajexmi

Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.ajexmi.wordpress.com
Wait, yo are you the same Ajexmi who took part in those KH13 Pokemon tournaments??

Also I haven't finished FF9 yet but I would love to check this out once I'm done with it, it looks seriously interesting!

I recognised your username as soon as the notification came up. Yes, it is I, of KH13 mythology. It has been quite some time since the days of Pokemon Showdown!

I hope you do check it out, especially with the game fresh in your mind. The introduction to the book has a summary of the story in broad strokes, but nothing really compares to the true experience first hand :)

2 quid is good

Reaction score
Awards
I recognised your username as soon as the notification came up. Yes, it is I, of KH13 mythology. It has been quite some time since the days of Pokemon Showdown!

I hope you do check it out, especially with the game fresh in your mind. The introduction to the book has a summary of the story in broad strokes, but nothing really compares to the true experience first hand :)
Haha, I didn't expect to be recognised at all so that was nice, and yeah I haven't gotten very far in the game but have absolutely enjoyed what I have played, I did read the preview however and I enjoyed your writing style quite a lot!

And just for the record I'm definitely not as bad at Pokemon as you might remember :ROFLMAO:

Ajexmi

Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.ajexmi.wordpress.com
Haha, I didn't expect to be recognised at all so that was nice, and yeah I haven't gotten very far in the game but have absolutely enjoyed what I have played, I did read the preview however and I enjoyed your writing style quite a lot!

And just for the record I'm definitely not as bad at Pokemon as you might remember :ROFLMAO:
Hey, peak KH13 days, of course I remember. I haven't played Pokemon Showdown since 2016 so you're very likely a lot better than I am now anyway!

Glad you liked what you read (even if it was just my foreword on getting into Final Fantasy) - I also put out content via my website (www.ajexmi.wordpress.com) that is free, and you can follow on Twitter/Facebook for updates (Ajexmi/Ajexmi Arts). I hope you do get around to finishing FFIX though, would love your feedback on the book.

Ajexmi

Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.ajexmi.wordpress.com
Wow, this is a great book! Thanks for sharing it here, otherwise I might never have known about it!
Thank you for reading it! If you enjoyed it, please do leave a review on Amazon/Goodreads when you get the chance. It helps the book appear more often in recommendations so other people can find it too :)

Ulmer White

Reaction score
Awards
Hey people,

Contents:

Foreword

Introduction

The Party

Plot Summary

Identity & Autonomy

Raison D'être

Garnet x2 (or x3 or x4!)

A Knight's Duty

Lost & Forgotten

Music & Narrative

Not Alone

Melodies of Life

Something to Protect

Who's the Bad Guy?

Hierarchy & Rebellion

Decadent Jesters

Et Tu, Kuja?

Gaia & Terra

Eternal Life/Strife

Relationships

Romance

Personal Influence

Respect

Camaraderie

Afterword

Acknowledgments

I congratulate you, I want to read.

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6