• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I wonder...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

NumberVIII

In the kh1 final mix secret ending version of deep dive, when it starts counting down from 13 (which, I would imagine, represents Organization XIII), some of the numbers are roman numerals, and some are just regular numbers.

I was wondering if they specifically made certain numbers roman numerals for a reason, or if it was just random? And if they were done for a reason, what did they signify?

The numbers that appeared as roman numerals were

XIII (Roxas)
X (Luxord)
VIII (Axel)
VII (Saix)
and II (Xigbar)

And there is no 1 or I at all.

A pretty random group, if you ask me. If they had made 9 and 3 roman numerals as well, it would be all the members that appeared in kh2. But they didn't. And I would argue that all of the above members were integral to the plot whereas Demyx and Xaldin (the other two from kh2 who weren't included) were not, except...Xigbar is only really important in BbS, and Luxord really doesn't do anything more important than Demyx or Xaldin did.

But it seems too much of a coincidence to be random...

Am I looking into this too much? Or does it mean something? This has been bothering me for a while. :|

Sorry if this has been asked/answered before >>;

Allister Rose

French Lover
the order is

I-Xemnas

II-Xigbar

III- Xaldin

IX- Vexen

V- Lexeaus

VI- Zexion

VII- Saix

VIII- Axel

IX- demnyx

X- luxord

XI- Marluxia

XII- Larxene

XIII- Roxas

State

Awards
Perhaps they wanted to show the remaining characters that needed to be introduced?

NumberVIII

the order is

I-Xemnas

II-Xigbar

III- Xaldin

IX- Vexen

V- Lexeaus

VI- Zexion

VII- Saix

VIII- Axel

IX- demnyx

X- luxord

XI- Marluxia

XII- Larxene

XIII- Roxas

I...I know that already, thanks...did you even read my question? :|

Perhaps they wanted to show the remaining characters that needed to be introduced?

But they didn't make Xaldin or Demyx roman numerals, and they weren't introduced yet...

Allister Rose

French Lover
I...I know that already, thanks...did you even read my question? :|

But they didn't make Xaldin or Demyx roman numerals, and they weren't introduced yet...

sorry i misinterpreted it....anyways, i tihnk it's just a pattern, it has no real significance. it goes roman-normal-roman-normal

Cirxsh

No, it's not a pattern either. :/ It goes XIII, skip 2,X, skip 1, VIII, VII, skip 4, II. That's not a pattern. >>;

If you don't mind, I'm going to try to decipher this:

2+1+4= 7

There are 7 Princesses of Heart, but that makes little difference in this scenario......right?

13+10+8+7+2 = 40

This number does not bear any importance at all.

The last thing we can look at are the members themselves:

Roxas was the main playable character in Days.

Luxord was an active partner in Days, accompanying Roxas on many missions.

Axel was one of the main characters in Days' storyline.

Saix was one of the main characters in Days' storyline.

Xigbar was an active partner in Days. His past was also delved into briefly on a trip to Wonderland with Axel and Xion.

Again, this was just my first try at something like this. Wether this triggers some sort of epiphany or not remains to be seen. Hope it helps, and sorry for my n00bish way of looking at it! X_X

NumberVIII

If you don't mind, I'm going to try to decipher this:

2+1+4= 7

There are 7 Princesses of Heart, but that makes little difference in this scenario......right?

13+10+8+7+2 = 40

This number does not bear any importance at all.

Xigbar was an active partner in Days. His past was also delved into briefly on a trip to Wonderland with Axel and Xion.

Again, this was just my first try at something like this. Wether this triggers some sort of epiphany or not remains to be seen. Hope it helps, and sorry for my n00bish way of looking at it! X_X

Eh, it was a nice try, but I don't think any of those numbers mean anything. And your analysis of the members doesn't fit, cause days wasn't planned out back when kh1 was made.

Maybe they really don't mean anything...sigh

june

mh...don't think so xDD

I don't really think that they had already the story of days done when KHI went out >.>
so, nope, can't be.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
MAYBE LUXORD WILL BE MORE IMPORTANT TO ONE OF THE NEW TITLES LIKE XIGBAR WAS /FANGASMS

Reverie

Bronze Member
Awards
I haven't really payed attention to that, but it does seem awkward. I can't really even take a good guess on that. The only thing I can really say is that the probably skipped those roman numerals because we didn't know the characters yet.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I haven't really payed attention to that, but it does seem awkward. I can't really even take a good guess on that. The only thing I can really say is that the probably skipped those roman numerals because we didn't know the characters yet.

But as Chi pointed out, we didn't know Xaldin or Demyx yet either... and we already knew Axel.

Cirxsh

Eh, it was a nice try, but I don't think any of those numbers mean anything. And your analysis of the members doesn't fit, cause days wasn't planned out back when kh1 was made.

Maybe they really don't mean anything...sigh

Well, it was worth a try! Thank you for giving me a chance to flex my brain muscles on this one! they were kind of out of shape.....X_X

mh...don't think so xDD

I don't really think that they had already the story of days done when KHI went out >.>
so, nope, can't be.

XD, well, it was a good first try.....I hope!

Key of Valor

The Professor
I don't think the choice in which numbers appeared in Roman numerals was meant to have any kind of significance. I think the only reason why some are in Arabic numerals and other in Roman numerals is because it's visually more interesting. Plus counting backwards consistently using Arabic numerals or Roman numerals both potentially could become less fascinating.

If there is supposed be any significance, maybe each Roman numeral is a symbol or quantity significant to the KH story:

XIII: Organization number of members and Roxas' number.
X: A reoccurring symbol in the Organization and KH Series. Arguable the symbol "X" can be found in both the Heartless and Nobody Symbols. Also X is in each member's name and can even be associated with the Crossroads. Also 10 the number of years prior to KH2 when the Heartless first appeared in Radiant Garden.
VIII: Number of Organization members that appeared in KH2. Also Axel's number.
VII: Number of Princesses of Heart
II: Relevant to the title KingdomHearts II and is a symbol to represent a sequel.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
XIII: Organization number of members and Roxas' number.
X: A reoccurring symbol in the Organization and KH Series. Arguable the symbol "X" can be found in both the Heartless and Nobody Symbols. Also X is in each member's name and can even be associated with the Crossroads. Also 10 the number of years prior to KH2 when the Heartless first appeared in Radiant Garden.
VIII: Number of Organization members that appeared in KH2. Also Axel's number.
VII: Number of Princesses of Heart
II: Relevant to the title KingdomHearts II and is a symbol to represent a sequel.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

You might be right here... damn, my hope of Luxord getting a proper role is dashed...

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well, I guess there's nothing to gain by hoping, only heartbreak...

I wish I had a Luxord plushie. But I don't think they even make PLUSHIES for him. ;A;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back