• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I wish they destroyed the Gummi Ship

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Kirankrt

Just so they could use Montropilis to travel to other worlds through the doors.

Neo_

Awards
I must be the only one who thinks the Gummi Ship is still a boring chore; the controls were also awkward at first, but I don't want to dick around with them too much and alter the default settings.

The ship itself also looks outdated and jarring in the new engine (compared to how good everything else looks); they should just admit "Hey, it was the first game and we just threw something together as a means of traversing all these Disney properties, but here's something new".

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I'm not that far into the game but the Gummi ship is garbage and the controls make no sense and I keep running into rocks. Kind of kills the momentum of the game. I like how in BBS we didn't have to use it at all and the key-ship sections were actually kinda fun.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
It does take some time getting used too. The stupid nebulas would throw me out every time I pressed L1 or R1. Mapping destinations is a bit of a pain, and the enemy battles are sequences instead of real time. Treasure hunting is fun though. And I personally like the open world versus gummiship on rails. I think it has pros and cons, but I'm liking the pros now after getting used to it.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I actually am liking it overall as well. I like exploring more than battles as well but the completionist in me is actually more driven to fight all these battles in each area as opposed to when its just one and done traveling, I forget about it lol.

It took me a little to get used to starting and stopping, but its fine now. I guess since I did explore around a bit, it made things make more sense.

Edit: That being said using Monstropolis as a hub to other worlds would be rad

Michael Mario

The Gummi Ship segments were always... probably one of my least favorite parts of the mainline games, and I didn't have a friend with me more skilled at building new Gummi Ships this time around. I held a particular grudge against this incarnation due to the awkward controls. I did get used to the open world, free exploration take and the controls to the extent, but I have not really cracked the surface in terms of collectables as of yet. Now that I've beaten the main story, however, I've got some Damascus to farm and one way to do it...

...Unless those flan-like Heartless minigames offer them, too, but if I had to choose between doing those for that particular material and Gummi Ship exploration, I'd take the latter route without question.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I normally don't care about the gummi ship sections (they're fun to get me to the next world, but never touched again after I arrive at said world). However, I actually took time to just fly around with the gummi ship in KH3. I found it fun and different. It was nice to just be able to explore and find stuff.

I was kind of hoping that wandering around enough would have found me a new world (maybe they can include that in KH4?)

galaxystars

I must be the only one who thinks the Gummi Ship is still a boring chore; the controls were also awkward at first, but I don't want to dick around with them too much and alter the default settings.

The ship itself also looks outdated and jarring in the new engine (compared to how good everything else looks); they should just admit "Hey, it was the first game and we just threw something together as a means of traversing all these Disney properties, but here's something new".
This. This. This. Allll of this.

furusatoe

I’ve never really cared for the Gummi ship aspect of these games, but this KH3 iteration is miles above anything that’s come before. I actually enjoy roaming around and exploring in it, and the editor is the best it’s been since KH1 (I couldn’t stand KH2’s editor).

jahob000

I think a lot of people feel the same way about the Gummi Ship. However, When prepping up for KH3, I played the gummi missions on KH1 and KH2 more thoroughly and enjoyed them a bit more. Collecting, and upgrading your ship. I think it's something that's better once you've explored all other aspects of Kingdom Hearts, then it's like "Hey I remember this" and you start playing it and it's kinda fun.

Playing KH3 though, I felt the same as before. It slows down the gameplay. However once my hype died down a little, I took the time and explore it and it's pretty fun.

Back