• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I will never understand Riku transforming into ASoD

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samhain

Bronze Member
Why exactly did he stay in that form? As we see in kh358/2 days whenMickey meets riku hes in XH form, but then he puts on his blindfold and becomes Riku again

I dont get it? If this is all it took to become Riku again why was he unable to change back through KH2? He only changed back to Riku because of AtW machine

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Why exactly did he stay in that form? As we see in kh358/2 days whenMickey meets riku hes in XH form, but then he puts on his blindfold and becomes Riku again

I dont get it? If this is all it took to become Riku again why was he unable to change back through KH2? He only changed back to Riku because of AtW machine

It was something that he could only keep under control in certain instances up until he accepted that he would never be able to stop Roxas unless he was at his full strength. Submitting fully to his darkness caused his appearance to shift permanently. You'll see that after the explosion he has his blindfold on, meaning it wasn't working the way it had before.

Samhain

Bronze Member
Genius
That makes a lot of sense. Not sure why I didn't catch on that

Hovhannes1998

I'm also pretty sure he only changed back in KHII because he met up with Sora and his light acted upon Riku, changing him back. That and the fact that since he reunited with Sora, he could be his old self because those two together are pretty much unbeatable. He no longer needed Ansem's influence.

RikuOathkeeper

I still don't get how his blindfold got back on. He took it off before releasing his darkness and taking Ansem's appearance. And he's not wearing it as Ansem, so... Also, why did his voice shift from Ansem's back to Riku's after Kairi showed Sora that he was indeed Riku?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I still don't get how his blindfold got back on. He took it off before releasing his darkness and taking Ansem's appearance. And he's not wearing it as Ansem, so...

Well, if we try to logic this out, perhaps the heart machine literally returned Riku back to the form before he took on the form of SoD. KH2 has a lot of those "That makes no sense but might as well go with it" moments.

Also, why did his voice shift from Ansem's back to Riku's after Kairi showed Sora that he was indeed Riku?

As for this, I'd assume it was because the three of them saw into each other's hearts in that moment, so Riku's true voice could be heard by them...

TL;DR

HEARTS, MAN. HEARTS.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
TL;DR

HEARTS, MAN. HEARTS.

Have you ever typed out a long explanation relating to KH? Shortly followed by you looking at your shaking hands and wondering why you try to rationalize a series where literally anything can just happen? This is a phenomena that I have run into many, many times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back