• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I was hoping for a physical version

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
Darn. I wish there was a physical “Final Mix” edition that included everything on the disc, kinda like FF15 Royal Edition. It would’ve been nice to have for collectors. 😪

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Didnt Nomura already confirm he was going to do a physical release with the Re:MIND content added to the base game sometime in the future?

Ryuman

Awards
Website
twitter.com
I would've picked it up as long as it had new boxart, even it it was just a lame DLC voucher like FFXV. It's the thing that's keeping me from pulling the trigger on PSN. But I won't be surprised if they just dump a physical version randomly after release

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It’s going to get repackaged eventually. There is no way SE is missing out on a “KH3 FM/Complete” edition release lolol

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I know the feeling. I wish that too. Mainly because I'm just not use to DLCing, (is that a word) So this will be my first time. Still it's worth it for Kingdom Hearts. I might even re-buy it again when they have ReMind full on the disc. By then they'll probably call it the Final Mix when in disc form.

GreyouTT

Awards
I'm sure the PS5/Scarlett will have a KH III.5 with 3FM, DDD, 0.2, and an extended cut of Back Cover.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Darn. I wish there was a physical “Final Mix” edition that included everything on the disc, kinda like FF15 Royal Edition. It would’ve been nice to have for collectors. 😪
I hate to burst your bubble, but unless they recently changed how they're selling FFXV then the Royal Edition is just the base disc from 2016 with a bunch of download vouchers.

Ryuman

Awards
Website
twitter.com
Since it turns out Nomura is making a new illustration for Re Mind (Being used for the Japanese pre-order theme), perhaps this is something they'd use for a KH3 repackage.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Oh I didn’t know that. 😅
It's absolutely disappointing because if they had just made it two discs like Red Dead Redemption 2 and Final Fantasy VII Remake then it would have absolutely been a new purchase for me.

Tbh, if this coming patch and DLC are the last support the game gets then I could see it getting a reprint since that total would put the game size between 46-48 GB (though idk how they'd handle it in Japan since they're getting English dialogue).

Awards
It's absolutely disappointing because if they had just made it two discs like Red Dead Redemption 2 and Final Fantasy VII Remake then it would have absolutely been a new purchase for me.

Tbh, if this coming patch and DLC are the last support the game gets then I could see it getting a reprint since that total would put the game size between 46-48 GB (though idk how they'd handle it in Japan since they're getting English dialogue).
If they did reprint it, the English dialogue for Japan would probably still be downloadable

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
If they did reprint it, the English dialogue for Japan would probably still be downloadable
Of course, but it's yet to be seen if the dialogue is a separate download or if it is a complete part of what Re Mind downloads. That's where my wonderment comes from.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Of course, but it's yet to be seen if the dialogue is a separate download or if it is a complete part of what Re Mind downloads. That's where my wonderment comes from.
Well even if it's part of the download, for the initial release, they could always seperate it and make it it's own download for the disc release to save room.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Well even if it's part of the download, for the initial release, they could always seperate it and make it it's own download for the disc release to save room.
It’s possible, but inevitably would piss Japanese fans off.
There’s a whole realm of possibilities with this. I’m just spitballing conjecture for them.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Yes, as already mentioned, FFXV only came with a DLC voucher. I have higher hopes KH3 might get a physical release at some point just because the other FMs were released here already. Fingers crossed. And maybe even FFXV will get a physical release with DLC added to the disc for the PS5 or something as disc limits expand.

Back