• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I want to move to Canada. Should I rethink this?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zipporahss

Well, today I've concluded that If i do anthing in my life I will, must go to Canada and live out the rest of my life there. My main ideal place for me to live in in Canada is Vancouver.

I'm reading up on its politics and everything else that might be an issue when I move up there. I've looked at pictures, I've read a couple reviews, looked at condos, looked at crime rate, education rate, culture and as of right now I'm pleased with what I see.

But I must ask, I don't know anyone who lives in Canada so I'm asking around (via my favorite sites) to see if an Canadians have anything to me about thier country. Anything that might be a concern or anything I should double check. I ask because I don't plan to move there any time soon, I have a few years before I can move up there but I'm looking for people who live there day by day and I wanna knw is it something I should risk my money, sanity or life over (because many say its no different from the States). And no amount of research is going to answer what someone who lives there currently can.

I"m all "ears"

And Please no stupid questions or answers. I'm looking for serious answers ones that dnt make me upset

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
You remind me of this girl I once knew. She wanted to move to Canada because she felt it was the only option for her. She had family problems and felt that her education was going to be cheaper there.

Anyway, may I ask why you feel like you "live out the rest of your life in Canada"? I'm gonna tell you the same things I told her. Adjusting to a completely new environment will be incredibly difficult. Finding a job to support yourself won't be easy especially since you're not Canadian. With that being said, money makes the world go round. No money=no food, no home, etc etc. More importantly, you'll be completely alone. There won't be any friends or family to turn to. Lastly, as a girl, life will be incredibly dangerous for obvious reasons especially if people know you're living alone with no friends/family.

Anyway, as I'm not Canadian I can not help you more than this. There are plenty of Canadians on this site, so you're bound to get some help. Oh and this should be in "help and support", not in General Discussion.

Zipporahss

You remind me of this girl I once knew. She wanted to move to Canada because she felt it was the only option for her. She had family problems and felt that her education was going to be cheaper there.

Anyway, may I ask why you feel like you "live out the rest of your life in Canada"? I'm gonna tell you the same things I told her. Adjusting to a completely new environment will be incredibly difficult. Finding a job to support yourself won't be easy especially since you're not Canadian. With that being said, money makes the world go round. No money=no food, no home, etc etc. More importantly, you'll be completely alone. There won't be any friends or family to turn to. Lastly, as a girl, life will be incredibly dangerous for obvious reasons especially if people know you're living alone with no friends/family.

Anyway, as I'm not Canadian I can not help you more than this. There are plenty of Canadians on this site, so you're bound to get some help. Oh and this should be in "help and support", not in General Discussion.

Oh thank you, didn't know it mattered for this topic. However I don't plan to move there alone. I have many plans to see finished before I can go up there. I also plan to work hard no matter what to make sure there are branches of the company I hope to work for in Canada. Right now I can only plan, I won't know if things will work out until I'm faced with this step of seeing if i'll end up staying here or not. Oh i almost forgot, I'm good at adjusting to new enviroments, it takes a few weeks maybe less but I adapt well ^^ and I shall move the forum....... or whatever....

inasuma

i'm gonna be
Awards
Have you ever visited Vancouver?

Don't just "read reviews," go visit it and see it for yourself.

CaptainMarvelQ8

Bronze Member
Awards
their accent is so annoying u wanna punch the first guy u meet right in the face haha haha

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Go visit Vancouver for a few days and draw your own conclusions, first.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
To be honest (I live in Canada Ontario) it's not that different from American society or culturally. In fact Canada is much more accepting than the US when it comes to minorities, and don't forget FREE HEALTH CARE. Canada is awesome and I'm proud to be canadian! Although Canada has stereotypes that seem true most of them aren't:

1. We don't say Eh' after each sentence
2. We don't have that weird accent (who made that up anyway) hint hint CaptainMarvelQ8
3. It does not snow all year around
4. No arctic pets
5. Canada DOES have an army (a pretty BIG one in fact) we just don't like to use it as often as America

Crime rate in most towns is significantly low when it comes to orgainzed crime. And the next best part in my opinion is that almost EVERY country treats you with respect and courtesy no questions asked!!! So if you do decide to move to Canada good for you! If you don't, oh well! But let me just say this: On a winters eve night in Canada, you could swear that the world never looked prettier

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
tl;dr we're not fat, bigoted, war-mongering morons

everything is peaches and unicorns up here, yep

Love Machine

strut strut strut

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
sorry i couldnt hear you over the sound of not dealing with a financial crises and other stupid shit

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
1. @Shinra It's true we don't

2. @Day the last time I checked Canada's a lot more popular than America to the other world countries

3. @Solar I don't like it either that most of America puts us down for shit, but insulting them back isn't going to work (trust me, I've seen some pretty stupid americans in my time and see no reason as to why)

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
I assume if Canada is like Britain (or any sensible country) is that people are all right with you if you're tolerant, accepting and can speak fluent English.

Well that's what I expect if you came to Britain.

If not, then in the words of a racist: "Fuck off back to your own country".

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
no one likes to be stripped of their heritage. unless your self hating

I think it's less 'stripping' and more 'you move to this country, so you should respect and abide by our culture and customs', which I kinda agree with. Case in point, some new immigrants and children of older generation immigrants have no respect for Britain's culture, which includes the inability to learn the language, set up ethnic ghettos to prohibit other races including the people who family lived here for centuries, etc.

Yes, it's dabbling into that territory. But fuck, I hate the racist argument, so I don't care. it lost its value ages ago.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
sorry i couldnt hear you over the sound of not dealing with a financial crises and other stupid shit

sorry i couldn't hear you in general nobody in the world actually can or wants to...

`~`

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back